Noomi Rapace on Alien Covenant

Started by 0321recon, Aug 17, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace on Alien Covenant (Read 4,617 times)

0321recon

0321recon

The independent interviewed Noomi for 'What happened to Monday' and she talked about Covenant.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/noomi-rapace-interview-netflix-what-happened-to-monday-prometheus-alien-covenant-bright-dragon-a7897946.html

She comes across professional without any ill feelings towards Scott.

Here's the quote from the article.

Quote[The actor briefly strayed from her code with Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant (2017) which saw Rapace reprise the role of Prometheus character Dr. Elizabeth Shaw for all of two seconds. Confusion has reigned over her involvement in the film - which was expected to be much heftier - but she's finally shed light on the situation fuelling speculation that Shaw may return in a future prequel.

"I was not supposed to be in it at all but I think Ridley wanted to build some kind of bridge between the films. I was filming in Sydney for ten days and I asked him, 'So I'm dying, right? You're gonna kill Elizabeth,' and Ridley's like 'Hmmm.' You never really know with him - he's a mystery and I adore him."
]

BishopShouldGo

Oh come on! Fueled speculation that Shaw may return in a future prequel?!

Not gonna happen! The "Hmm" is a polite yes. He's 80, he's busy, he's director a f**king movie! Hmm yourself, Noomi!

Evanus

Evanus

I still feel kinda bad for her. :-\  Fortunately it doesn't seem to bother her too much.

SM

SM

She was in Covenant ten years after her character died. No reason she couldn't in another film in a similar capacity.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Welcome to hollywood.

TWJones

TWJones

She certainly didn't "fuel speculation" but there's no reason why the 3rd movie couldn't include some additional scenes of what happened during those 10 years. Especially if the writers do decide to pursue the idea of the Queen. The work that David did on Shaw could be seen as vital to his success, therefore I could see some more flashback footage tying up those loose ends.

Wouldn't surprise me anyway.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-noomi-rapace-on-whether-shed-return-to-the-alien-franchise?utm_content=buffer3f261&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

QuoteBut there's one key person who has yet to catch it: Noomi Rapace, the star of its prequel, Prometheus, and who figures rather tellingly in Covenant. (Don't worry, we won't spoil anything for those of you planning to catch it on home video.)

"I haven't seen it yet," Rapace — who stars in the upcoming Netflix thriller What Happened to Monday — tells SYFY WIRE. "I've just been working like a crazy mad woman for so many months. And when I'm in work mode, I can't really watch films. So I haven't seen it yet."

She adds, "I'm dying to see it. I love Ridley," name-checking director Ridley Scott, who helmed both Prometheus and Covenant.

So is Rapace up to returning to the franchise?

"I haven't to talked to anyone about it," she reveals, adding that it "depends on who is doing it. If it was Ridley, I adore him, and I would work with him any day. But it would very much come down to who the director is, I guess, and the story."

TWJones

TWJones

Haha, just noticed "The Evil Dictator," I think you forgot to add the "Almighty and Distinguished."

Hicks, you do a great job maintaining a civil environment, which isn't always easy.

echobbase79

Maybe they're saving the deleted footage between her and David for another movie?

0321recon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 18, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Maybe they're saving the deleted footage between her and David for another movie?

Who knows.

Local Trouble

Wouldn't it be great if Shaw gets cloned?

BishopShouldGo

They just gave us her in hologram-form, her voice, her tombstone, her picture, her dog-tags, and references via dialogue, and it was their way of ushering her out in as clean and as graceful of a manner as possible.

She's gonna show up in Covenant 2!?? No chance. People by then would REALLY go "who the f**k is this?" If anything, give us more slices of Guy Pearce. That would at least make sense.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 18, 2017, 11:21:17 PM
They just gave us her in hologram-form, her voice, her tombstone, her picture, her dog-tags, and references via dialogue, and it was their way of ushering her out in as clean and as graceful of a manner as possible.

Image of a character being ushered out in the cleanest and most graceful manner possible:

BishopShouldGo

In terms of getting rid of the main character that you don't want to deal with anymore.

newagescamartist

It was pretty tasteful considering what he did to her. Did you want to see the vivisection experiments? I kind of did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed