MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 101,948 times)

Gates

Gates

Does anyone watch it!?

There has to be some of you out there...if so, please post your picks for this Saturdays UFC event...

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Yeah I watch it! On a channel called Bravo here in the UK we only get highlights though.

Before we get people saying it's barbaric, Not 1 person has died in the UFC compared to other fighting sports.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I'm a fan of UFC, Pride, IFL...I love MMA.  Just check out the UFC website on Sunday.  They'll have some pics of the fights.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I watch sometimes.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 21, 2007, 05:23:52 PM
came back with a trophie ever time I went ;D

You mean they even give a trophy to the people who take last place?   :D ...How much did the UFC offer your friends and if they offer you the same, would you accept?

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

^lol funny.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Nice...good stories.  Do you think you can take on Nate Diaz?  But yeah, post some pics up.  Even the ones of you getting hit.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

All those guys you see like Nate Diaz are the best of the best in the world.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

That's one thing I can't stand in the UFC and now it seems it's in the lower rankings too is people who talk smack about other fighters. Where's the nobility and respect for other fighters gone. I here it all too often with Tito - That guy is so annoying, I never want him to win because he's so arrogant.

PHANTOM - please don't be like all the rest, show respect to your fellow fighters and remain humble if you win. Don't go spouting shit like

"I thought he was going to cry, because when I kicked him in the chest he fell out of the ring and hurt himself Bahahaha!!!"

thats not sportsmanship, you will be respected more if you remain humble.

You don't have to act like this to prove your fighting prowess. Perfect example - Michael Bisping - Nice guy and tough as hell.

Honestly sometimes when i watch build up to fights and fighters are talking smack it really puts me off because they either sound like kids in the playground or a bunch of southern yokles.

Sorry PHANTOM but from your post you came across that way.

Master Chief

Master Chief

It's all about hype Darth_Spud... Almost all of the fighters respect each other.  The UFC is great at promoting fights.  I would rather watch a fight between 2 brutes trash talking then 2 fighters being sweet towards one another.  That's just me though.

Phantom, can't see the pics.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Well it's uncommon in boxing (well over in the UK at least) I just think the sport is exciting enough without lowering the tone with talking shit.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 21, 2007, 07:10:28 PM
It's all about hype Darth_Spud... Almost all of the fighters respect each other.  The UFC is great at promoting fights.  I would rather watch a fight between 2 brutes trash talking then 2 fighters being sweet towards one another.  That's just me though.

Phantom, can't see the pics.

I have to upgrade to pro that's why, shit! lol. Don't worry I'll get it to work.

Gates

Gates

There you guys are! I knew there had to be some of you around...good sh!t PHANTOM, keep it up...wish I could see the pictures but whatever...and Darth_Spud, I hear what your saying about the sh!t talking but in all reality the build up is what makes them their money...not the actual fights...the promotion is what gets people to order the events...the fights could then suck and be one sided but the money has already been made...also if I was fighting a champ...I would say to myself some of the same things these guys say...fighting is 50% physical and 50% mental...they have to mentally tell themselves that the other guy sucks and that they could take him and sometimes that entails sh!t talking out loud...

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 21, 2007, 07:04:15 PM
Perfect example - Michael Bisping - Nice guy and tough as hell.

I guess you didn't hear what he said about Matt Hamill after that fight...a fight which he should have lost but took the win because it was in London... ;)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

No I didn't actually, what was said? He's usually refined.

Gates

Gates

Joe Rogan was giving Bisping his post fight interview in the octagon as usual...and he's flipping out saying everything he did was better and that Matt Hamill was running away from him...when in fact Hamill was beating him in the stand-up and it was Bisping who was running away from him...

I'm not saying it's a big deal...it's just some stupid sh!t talk...I'm just trying to prove that everyone sh!t talks...it's really just part of the whole organization...

Just for the record I'm a Bisping fan, but what's right is right, he lost that fight...but it's that judge Cecil Peoples...worst judge ever in all MMA history... >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed