I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 54,027 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Didn't the NIGHTBREED CABAL CUT start off as a fan edit?

P-Rock

P-Rock

I liked the alien Fifield better than zombie Fifield. I wish they finished the cgi for it and used that scene instead. It was much more menacing than what we got in the end. Prometheus has a very good build up, but you can see they toyed with the script too much so when we are halfway it becomes quite a mess that even Ridley couldn't fix.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Alien Fifield looked silly.  Ridley Scott made the right call on that one.

As for why Milburn and Fifield got lost, the film makes it clear that Fifield is a very hostile character.  Janek could have guided them out of the structure but Fifield would probably try and find his own way out with his arrogant personality.  By the time they realise they are lost, it is too late as the storm hits.

SM

SM

So why did they wander deeper into the pyramid for two people who were so eager to get out.  Janek could've guided them to the exit and they could have wait out the storm there.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Because as I said, Fifield is an arrogant SOB, and Janek was probably playing with him by not trying to help as a practical joke "try not to bugger each other".  IMO, it fits with their respective personalities. 

Besides, at this point, Janek was not aware of the danger in the structure.

SM

SM

Fifield wanted out when they found a dead body.  Then while pointlessly wandering around they found a pile of dead bodies and he wanted out even more - and to get away from the sporadic lifeform reading.  Then they end up back in the room with the first dead body, and decide - this looks cosy.

Janek 'not wanting to help them because he wants to play partical joke lol' is beyond laughable.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

The real crime is that more wasn't done with Fifield's backward-turned legs. That seriously creeped people the f**k out at the midnight screening I attended. Then he just stands up like ho-hum.

It would have been fantastic to have a Fifield-monster whose limbs and neck could bend in any direction running around the place... a sort of Linda Blair on speed.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 04, 2017, 04:10:13 PM
The real crime is that more wasn't done with Fifield's backward-turned legs. That seriously creeped people the f**k out at the midnight screening I attended. Then he just stands up like ho-hum.

It would have been fantastic to have a Fifield-monster whose limbs and neck could bend in any direction running around the place... a sort of Linda Blair on speed.
Seeing the Fifield-mutant folded up and resting on the ramp, was one of the best and creepiest scenes in the film.

Vermillion

Vermillion

It looked just like an Alien.
Too bad.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2017, 04:07:09 AM
Fifield wanted out when they found a dead body.  Then while pointlessly wandering around they found a pile of dead bodies and he wanted out even more - and to get away from the sporadic lifeform reading.  Then they end up back in the room with the first dead body, and decide - this looks cosy.

Janek 'not wanting to help them because he wants to play partical joke lol' is beyond laughable.

Not saying Janek didn't want to help, he probably wasn't asked.  And maybe Fifield was so scared that he lost his senses.  And Milburn was never much help, either.

Besides, in the dark, with all the hallways looking the same, it would be easy to get lost in that temple, even if you had a map.  Particularly if you are scared out of your mind, and you have two people who don't get along.  Janek was also too laid back a Captain, he probably was dicking them around a bit.

SM

SM

wut?

The Captain is in charge of the crew - their safety is his responsibility.  He should have ordered them to wait by the exit, and not gone off to shag Vickers without anyone relieving him on watch.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Nitpicking.  People don't always act like professionals in real life.

SM

SM

Hand waving.  Predictable.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 05, 2017, 02:03:38 AM
Nitpicking.  People don't always act like professionals in real life.
The kind of people they send on trillion-dollar space missions tend to.

Scorpio

Scorpio

'They' as in hand-picked by Peter Weyland, not NASA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed