Do you think humans will encounter other Engineer creations?

Started by The Alien Predator, Aug 04, 2017, 03:29:09 PM

Author
Do you think humans will encounter other Engineer creations? (Read 2,328 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 29, 2017, 06:20:34 PM
Yeah, we see a Predator hunting other Engineer creations throughout the century in Fire an Stone, they're my favourite moments.

Yeah, they were some great pages. I would love to see more, I really would. Just one of those potential avenues that Fire and Stone opened up that I want to see explored.

Baron Von Marlon

First I want a proper Engineer movie. Something in the vain of what Alien: Paradise Lost would've been.
So we could learn more about them and set things up for other movies involving their creations.
Those could start similar to Prometheus. Then in the future we see we'd see a human ship approaching the same planet.
Planet could be Earth-like but in a primitive state with primitive humanoids, weird structures and all kinds of strange plants and animals.
There are just so much possibilities whether it be action, adventure, thriller, horror or a mix of those.
I'd say some kind of Weyland-Yutani movie universe would be perfect for this.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 05, 2017, 02:39:58 AM
First I want a proper Engineer movie. Something in the vain of what Alien: Paradise Lost would've been.
So we could learn more about them and set things up for other movies involving their creations.
Those could start similar to Prometheus. Then in the future we see we'd see a human ship approaching the same planet.
Planet could be Earth-like but in a primitive state with primitive humanoids, weird structures and all kinds of strange plants and animals.
There are just so much possibilities whether it be action, adventure, thriller, horror or a mix of those.
I'd say some kind of Weyland-Yutani movie universe would be perfect for this.

Yeah, they could go so many ways with that.

Some scientists warn us not to send messages to space because they're worried that the aliens would be aggressive, that it'd be like what happened with tribal cultures when they encountered technologically superior visitors.

With that in mind, I wonder how the space faring humans would treat their Engineer created siblings if they happened to be primitive? Would Weyland-Yutani look for ways to exploit them? Maybe even as a cheap work force to mine some valuable resources in exchange for medicine and other technological goods.

Or would humans be much more peaceful than expected and go into some deep philosophical talk about what exactly makes us all human? Encountering other humanoids and seeing them as not different from us, would we see them as siblings and try to uplift them? So many ways this could go.

Or would we pull a Star Trek "Prime Directive" and not interfere? Just silently observe. Maybe the planet becomes a protected preserve and Colonial Marines could be dispatched to try and protect this growing civilisation from some pirates because they're breaking the law by violating the Prime Directive.

Now I am wondering if we were visited by aliens other than Engineers, what if some other humanoids found us and that explains some UFO sightings and alien abductions in-universe? (Which could've also been Engineers... the Greys and Engineers have both been connected to Zeta Reticuli, not to mention their similar appearance with black eyes and grey-white skin and being hairless.)

SM

The Prime Directive is too utopian for Alien.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 05, 2017, 06:43:10 PMWith that in mind, I wonder how the space faring humans would treat their Engineer created siblings if they happened to be primitive? Would Weyland-Yutani look for ways to exploit them? Maybe even as a cheap work force to mine some valuable resources in exchange for medicine and other technological goods.

Weyland-Yutani would exploit the hell out of them. Like early colonists in the Americas and Afrika.
Locals could then rebel. Perhaps sacrifice themselves with black goo or facehuggers they got hidden somewhere, in order to clean the planet of the invaders.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 05, 2017, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 05, 2017, 06:43:10 PMWith that in mind, I wonder how the space faring humans would treat their Engineer created siblings if they happened to be primitive? Would Weyland-Yutani look for ways to exploit them? Maybe even as a cheap work force to mine some valuable resources in exchange for medicine and other technological goods.

Weyland-Yutani would exploit the hell out of them. Like early colonists in the Americas and Afrika.
Locals could then rebel. Perhaps sacrifice themselves with black goo or facehuggers they got hidden somewhere, in order to clean the planet of the invaders.

Seems about right. Like SM said, Prime Directive would be way too Utopian for Alien.

Dabaus

There were rumors that the original plot of Prometheus 2: hell on earth (that was the rumored name) was that David would learn that engineers serve a higher alien race and there would be 2 new aliens related to xenomorphs. Who knows if that's true but it if it is it's another expample of Ridley having an interesting idea and fox suits stepping in to mess it all up. Fox is the weyland yutani of the alien franchise.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hell on Earth was just some awful made up crap. And the rest was unsubstantial rumours from the generally unreliable Scified, I'm afraid.

Born Of Cold Light

I think this idea would be a great opportunity to bring some of Giger's other creations to life.

The Alien Predator

Agreed, that would be a great opportunity to do so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed