The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,230 times)

black

black

I certainly understand everything but how Alien:covenant could divide the fans if it was filmed for a new audience and there's nothing for the true fans there. I don't like criticizing films but Alien:covenant is one of the worst films that I've seen in the last decade and to me it was a shame that I watch it and this doesn't happen to me usually .I hope this film doesn't repeat this fate.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 21, 2017, 08:05:59 PM
Can we just have a predator that actually feels like something from the first two films? Proper pred vision and the accompanying sounds, the whip-crack of the shoulder cannon, a decent exposed face?

Also we've not had any decent Predator clicking sounds since P2 either.

Excellent remark ! I always thought that too ! The blurry thermal vision from the first two movies, please get it back ! The sounds too of course. Actually, AVP-R had some of that despite being a terrible movie. Predators didn't so it's been a long time indeed.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: black on Nov 21, 2017, 08:09:40 PM
I certainly understand everything but how Alien:covenant could divide the fans if it was filmed for a new audience and there's nothing for the true fans there. I don't like criticizing films but Alien:covenant is one of the worst films that I've seen in the last decade and to me it was a shame that I watch it and this doesn't happen to me usually .I hope this film doesn't repeat this fate.

Have no fear...little Timmy in a predator ship to the rescue!

Corporal Hicks

^^

Spoiler
He doesn't pilot the ship in the test.
[close]

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2017, 11:16:33 AM
^^

Spoiler
He doesn't pilot the ship in the test.
[close]

OK...Yautja riding a tank and wearing human pants to the rescue!

Look, I want this to be good, but I have a terrible feeling about this.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 22, 2017, 01:33:19 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 21, 2017, 08:05:59 PM
Can we just have a predator that actually feels like something from the first two films? Proper pred vision and the accompanying sounds, the whip-crack of the shoulder cannon, a decent exposed face?

Also we've not had any decent Predator clicking sounds since P2 either.

Excellent remark ! I always thought that too ! The blurry thermal vision from the first two movies, please get it back ! The sounds too of course. Actually, AVP-R had some of that despite being a terrible movie. Predators didn't so it's been a long time indeed.

I always liked that whip crack sound of the predator's shoulder cannon.  It was only used in the first movie I think.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Why do I get the feeling that Shane Black is going to turn Predator into a Transformers movie? Everything I've read makes me think the movie will be nothing more than an extremely stupid popcorn fest. I think a trailer, or any footage for that matter, would put a lot of us at ease concerning what tone it's taking. But we won't be getting anything like that anytime soon. The poster and tagline are ace though. I give the marketing team major credit.

GreybackElder

Quote from: newagescamartist on Nov 25, 2017, 10:41:27 AM
Why do I get the feeling that Shane Black is going to turn Predator into a Transformers movie? Everything I've read makes me think the movie will be nothing more than an extremely stupid popcorn fest. I think a trailer, or any footage for that matter, would put a lot of us at ease concerning what tone it's taking. But we won't be getting anything like that anytime soon. The poster and tagline are ace though. I give the marketing team major
credit.
I hope it's good to. But I have to agree with you. Everything I've seen so far(minus the lightning poster) I've disliked to some Degree. Especially the predators on tanks and drastic change in predator mythos. The sooner we get a trailer the better.  To me it sounds like it's going to be an action comedy much like the men in Black series. Ohhhh boy.

black

black

Shane Black will be a genius if he makes a candy for fans. This will be the focus of Houdini!

genocyber

genocyber

I have a bad feeling on this. Why does this need to have humor? You have a juggernaut alien pulling out spinal cords and flaying people alive, and you want to have quips and comedy with it?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Not all humour is bad.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 26, 2017, 02:57:47 AM
Not all humour is bad.

It all depends on the context. Predator has some of the best laughs in the entire series, but it was smart enough to know when to go for the laugh and when not to.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Predator wasn't near as comedic as this one seems to be though, but maybe it will be a good thing that blends well in the final product.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Agreed, I'm really interested to see what the tone feels like from the first trailer.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 26, 2017, 12:50:45 PM
Predator wasn't near as comedic as this one seems to be though, but maybe it will be a good thing that blends well in the final product.

Predator is pretty damn comedic. It's one-liner galore. When I went to watch it for the anniversary release, there was an absolute load of audience laughter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed