Which director from the Alien series is the best overall as a filmmaker?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 23, 2017, 06:15:44 PM

Which director from the Alien series is the best overall as a filmmaker?

Ridley Scott
James Cameron
David Fincher
Jean-Pierre Jeunet
Author
Which director from the Alien series is the best overall as a filmmaker? (Read 5,866 times)

LastSurvivor92

I'm not talking about the Alien films. I'm talking about the directors attached to the series through their work.

Out of all the directors and all the films they've directed which talented director from the Alien series has delivered the most impressive filmography?

Out of all the directors I personally think David Fincher has made the most interesting films. From Se7en, Fight Club to the Social Network, Zodiac and Gone Girl Fincher has got it all as far as a good track record goes in Hollywood.

For you guys personally which director from the Alien franchise has made the most impactful and influential films?

Alionic

I like all three, but I would have to say Ridley Scott.

Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven DC, American Gangster, etc. are just too good.

StrangeShape

As a major geek and nutcase fanboy of The Terminator, Terminator 2, Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, so as these movies form my top 5 ever , or rather top 1, Im going with the emotional and kinetic style which is Jim. And theres only one movie I really dislike which is True Lies. Ridley's first movies are brilliant, but then hes a hit or miss for me. For example, I loved Hannibal, but disliked Robin Hood. I loved The Martian, but disliked Exodus. I liked GI Jane by the way, which everyone seems to hate. Anyway, Fincher I love as well, watched all of his movies and I only dislike Gone Girl. Terrific style

Munkeywrench

James Cameron for me I love most of his films I think they are very well made

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Cameron, no doubt

The Joker

James Cameron, without a doubt, though David Fincher is a close second. In my opinion, neither filmmakers have made a bad film. Ridley Scott, on the other hand, has made 2 awful films just within the last 5 years.

Rankles75

Fincher made my favourite ever film (Se7en), but overall I'd probably have to go with Cameron...

SiL

Scorpio

426Buddy

Its not an easy question but i have to go with Cameron.  I have a pure love for Aliens, The Abyss, The Terminator and T2.

PierreVW

Sir Ridley Scott is the best between them. By Far. No competition.

James Cameron is the most Overrated here and in the real world.

bleau

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 25, 2017, 09:01:08 PM

I totally agree. I like Cameron's films, he's bloody brilliant, but way too much of a perfectionist. He is way to slow of a film maker. But like I said he is more quality over quantity, but damn 10 or more years to make a film is utterly ridiculous to me. Ridley puts out a film a year and honestly he has more films that I like then Cameron does, but only by a little. Honestly they are pretty neck in neck though, here some stats.

Ridley Scott Lifetime Gross $1.6 Billion, 23 films, average $71 million.
James Cameron Lifetime Gross 1.9 Billion, 9 films, average 219 million.

Ridley still my fav though. ;D

SiL

How is James Cameron's lifetime gross less than the earnings of one of his films ... ?

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: SiL on Jun 26, 2017, 09:53:16 AM
How is James Cameron's lifetime gross less than the earnings of one of his films ... ?

He uses the stats ONLY of the USA.

The Worldwide stats are different for BOTH Directors.

Quote from: bleau on Jun 26, 2017, 09:00:09 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 25, 2017, 09:01:08 PM

I totally agree. I like Cameron's films, he's bloody brilliant, but way too much of a perfectionist. He is way to slow of a film maker. But like I said he is more quality over quantity, but damn 10 or more years to make a film is utterly ridiculous to me. Ridley puts out a film a year and honestly he has more films that I like then Cameron does, but only by a little. Honestly they are pretty neck in neck though, here some stats.

Ridley Scott Lifetime Gross $1.6 Billion, 23 films, average $71 million.
James Cameron Lifetime Gross 1.9 Billion, 9 films, average 219 million.

Ridley still my fav though. ;D

I agree 100%.

Actually, I hate the fact that James Cameron made 2 mediocre movies in the last 20 years: titanic(1997) and avatar(2009).

I prefer hard and fast working Legends like Sir Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood and Steven Spielberg.

Vermillion

Titanic mediocre?
Did IQs just drop suddenly?

Avatar...sci-fi re-telling of Dances with Wolves...I get it but damn it wow'd everyone that saw it in IMAX and 3D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed