Has the look of the Alien improved?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 05:48:31 PM

Has the overall look and feel of the Alien improved?

Yes
No
Author
Has the look of the Alien improved? (Read 11,939 times)

josh.reload

I would've loved if they kept longer cuts with the xeno. Specifically when the xeno lands on Cole. I'd like a scene similar to the Panther scene in Apocalypto so it shows how ferocious and deadly a xeno is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mister Skeezler

I feel like the Covenant xeno behaved quite a bit like Stompy (who also screams, charges, shakes with rage and generally freaks out), and that wasn't a negative thing for me. The only Big Chap is Big Chap. This xeno looks and feels different...not a problem for me.

Evanus

Evanus

No way. Stompy was creepy as f*ck. The sounds of it crawling in the vents, the way it elegantly crawls out of the vents, the way it stalks you walking upright... So much tension. And much creepier than that crazy monkey alien from Covenant.

Mister Skeezler

I agree, he was creepy as f**k, but they couldn't have him running around screaming for a 9hr playthrough. The Covenant xenomorph didn't really have enough screentime to stalk, with the exception of walking into the machine bay, and the shower scene.

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah that's true. It was all so rushed, so the Xeno kinda had to hurry.  :D

The Cruentus

I think the whole stompiness and loundess in general is meant to be a game mechanic used to help you know when it is close or when it is gone, afterall you will be in a locker for hours if you can't hear when it has moved on, I doubt its meant to be a in-universe flaw on part of the creature.

Think about how hard the game is as it is, along with the adaptive A.I of the Xenomorph. Now take away any audio signs of the Alien and you're d.o.n.e f***ked.

FenGiddel

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 12, 2017, 12:09:15 PM
I think the whole stompiness and loundess in general is meant to be a game mechanic used to help you know when it is close or when it is gone, afterall you will be in a locker for hours if you can't hear when it has moved on, I doubt its meant to be a in-universe flaw on part of the creature.
I have to agree with you on that!  Without the audible cues, I'd still be hiding in a locker in San Cristobal Medical Facility. ;D

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Sagit on Jun 23, 2017, 08:10:57 AM

They should make Alien Isolation movie instead of another Scotts "visions". Plain and simple.

Shame that, as Alien Isolation succeeds because of it's adherence to Scott's vision.

Richman678

I voted no because I am not a fan of CGI Alien....unless they can make it look Avengers Hulk good.

Gash

Gash

That's interesting, I would have said that the hulk is the epitome of big budget CGI at its worst. Admittedly I'm not too familiar with the superhero movies but i've seen enough to know that the expansive overbearing FX take me out of any reality they're aiming for.

SM

SM

Hulk was a bit shit in the Hulk movies, but massively improved by the time they got to Avengers.

lv_226

lv_226

The Alien in Covenant is the best iteration of the beast since the original: moves with lethality, exactness. The thing behaves like a demon. Boy, what a great f**king film.

ChrisPachi

It gets trapped in a truck cabin and then murders itself on a spike. Daniels lures it by making a loud noise. Stupid, stupid alien. Shame on you, stupid alien. It looks pretty naff too. It's like the designers mistook 'bio-mechanical' to mean 'skeletal'. The head is fine I guess.

Ol' bony is a stupid alien. Shame on you, Ol' bony.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jul 23, 2017, 11:14:15 AM
It gets trapped in a truck cabin and then murders itself on a spike. Daniels lures it by making a loud noise. Stupid, stupid alien. Shame on you, stupid alien. It looks pretty naff too. It's like the designers mistook 'bio-mechanical' to mean 'skeletal'. The head is fine I guess.

Ol' bony is a stupid alien. Shame on you, Ol' bony.

I thought the Aliens behaviour was intentional though. It's a more primitive version, a step in its evolution. David has yet to perfect his experiment and I expected to see a new, more improved version in the sequel we probably aren't gonna get anymore.

ChrisPachi

It's a fully grown, egg-hugger-human-born alien. There aren't any evolutionary steps to take.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed