AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 42,109 times)

SiL

The director almost always has input in the story as well.

Biolence

Congratulations for the interview!

I overall enjoyed the movie but there where some serious WTF moments in it.

1. I didn't liked how Shaw died, at all. Specially after all the " I want to know why they wanted us dead" from Prometheus.

2. All engineers die and that's it?, no more on them?, really? nothing at all?...oh well maybe in the next film.

And the 3rd and worst thing i witnessed was:

3. Where do all those eggs come from?, David created them somehow by experimenting with Shaw's corpse??.....Pffffffffffffffff.....Man!!....Nooooo!!. I mean, is that really what happened?, i'm still confused about that.

Aside from that i liked the film, although i expected it to be more scary than it turn out. I was a little more scared of David than the morphs lol. I loved the Xenos and Neos design tho, pretty sick.

What's gonna happen in the next sequel?, go figure..."IN SPACE, THE HIVE FLOATS"  xD

Protozoid

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
The director almost always has input in the story as well.
I'm sure Ridley Scott had a lot of input, but he didn't appear to have complete control. Not even close.

SM

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From what I understand, the inclusion of the Alien was forced down on him from above due to the reaction seen to Blomkamp's pitch.

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 16, 2017, 03:35:12 PM
To Hicks: The interview was great, just thought the questions were extremely plain. That's all I'm saying, hope I'm entitle to my opinion.

Of course you are and I don't disagree with you. Like I said earlier, I had a hundred and one questions for the man but unfortunately it was my first interview of the day, I didn't know how it was going to go down and I didn't prioritize the ones I would have liked to have heard more.

But I also wouldn't have asked anything in the manner you worded either. I wasn't a massive fan of the finished film either but there's such a thing as being polite about it.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2017, 07:54:26 AM
But I also wouldn't have asked anything in the manner you worded either. I wasn't a massive fan of the finished film either but there's such a thing as being polite about it.
You were a gentleman from sole to crown, if I ever saw one.

Plus you have a Surface Pro 4 :D so you're great in my books :D

Zaxxon64

I just watched the interview with Scott and Fassbender. I felt embarrassed for the interviewer. I mean Ridley Scott has ruined Alien with catastrophic choices for the prequels and the interviewer knows it but turned into jelly because he was starsruck. Really lame.

Corporal Hicks

There's no denying I was really nervous but I wouldn't go as far as "turned into jelly."  :laugh: As always though, Zaxxon/Jerry Springer, thanks for your contributions.

BonesawT101

I am sensing some of the clowns here are a tad jealous that Hicks has had the opportunity to not only meet, but also interview Ridley Scott, one of the greatest directors in modern cinema. Suck it up clowns and show a little respect.

Evanus

Yeah, what the hell. It was a fine interview, and Hicks did a great job!

I mean, If I did the interview, I would have turned into jelly...

Xenoscream

You did good Hicks, watching Ridley was painful I think he must have been exhausted. I thought your questions were good, anything more complex and I think he would have struggled to answer in that state.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jun 21, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
I am sensing some of the clowns here are a tad jealous that Hicks has had the opportunity to not only meet, but also interview Ridley Scott, one of the greatest directors in modern cinema. Suck it up clowns and show a little respect.

I agree. It's pure jealousy. It's pure villainy.

Samhain13

Well I am jealous, not of actually meeting the guy, that doesn't mean much to me, but interviewing him yes, that was a great opportunity. But I would have asked different questions, sure I wouldn't attack the guy on what he is doing with the prequels, there is always a way to make certain questions without offending the person in the process.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 21, 2017, 04:14:50 PM

Well I am jealous, not of actually meeting the guy, that doesn't mean much to me, but interviewing him yes, that was a great opportunity. But I would have asked different questions, sure I wouldn't attack the guy on what he is doing with the prequels, there is always a way to make certain questions without offending the person in the process.
Could you give us a few examples?  I'm curious...

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 21, 2017, 04:14:50 PM

Can we drop it? Who cares what questions you would've asked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed