Lindelof's fault? Sorry, it's Scott.

Started by Ingwar, May 29, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

Author
Lindelof's fault? Sorry, it's Scott. (Read 5,496 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

After Prometheus almost everyone blamed Lindelof. After Covenant I claim we were wrong. It's Scott's fault. Now I have no doubt about it. His ego is too big for this franchise. I love him as a filmmaker but he's too stubborn to admit his mistakes. As he says: I never regret.

Gash

Gash

One mans fault is another mans blessing.

Ingwar

Quote from: Gash on May 29, 2017, 08:03:58 PM
One mans fault is another mans blessing.

Blessing? Franchise is dead. At least for now.

Jonesy1974

Nah I still blame lindelof, Scott has now put right his mistakes

Ingwar

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 29, 2017, 08:05:55 PM

I'm not saying that Lindelof is without blame. However, Scott as director and producer decided to make movie based upon Spaihts and Lindelof's script. Why? Because he wanted to come back to Alien universe and answers meaningful questions that had never been answered in Alien movies before. And then mess started. Who's fault is than if not Ridley's?

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on May 29, 2017, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 29, 2017, 08:05:55 PM

I'm not saying that Lindelof is without blame. However, Scott as director and producer decided to make movie based upon Spaihts and Lindelof's script. Why? Because he wanted to come back to Alien universe and answers meaningful questions that had never been answered in Alien movies before. And then mess started. Who's fault is than if not Ridley's?

It's only someone's fault if you think Covenant is a mess, which I don't.

Ridley's strength has always been visuals and world building. He's always relied on being provided with a good script, with Prometheus I feel lindelof failed him.

Infected

Do we even know what was shown in Prometheus came from Lindelof?? before we start this witch hunt again, i think we as fans should be dimmed down a little in the ways we attack producers and directors unless its Paul WS Anderson.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Infected on May 29, 2017, 08:40:33 PM
Do we even know what was shown in Prometheus came from Lindelof?? before we start this witch hunt again, i think we as fans should be dimmed down a little in the ways we attack producers and directors unless its Paul WS Anderson.

Agreed but unless it's Anderson and lindelof

shawsbaby

Well, Lindelof's script closely resembles the finished version of Prometheus; we do know, however, that Scott fed him a lot of ideas and wishes for the film when he brought him in for a revision of Spaihts' script, so...

Ingwar

That's what I'm trying to say. It's not one man's fault. At the end of the day producers are responsible for a movie. They're in charge. It's their money. They hire writer(s) who are often blamed for movie's failure. God knows why.

skhellter

Prometheus WAS a badly written mess.

Scott didnt write Prometheus.

this thread, wtf?  :laugh:

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on May 29, 2017, 09:07:44 PM

That's what I'm trying to say. It's not one man's fault. At the end of the day producers are responsible for a movie. They're in charge. It's their money. They hire writer(s) who are often blamed for movie's failure. God knows why.

Well if the scripts a problem then it stands to reason the writer will take most of the blame.

If the actings poor then the actor will get slammed and so on and so forth...

Ingwar

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 29, 2017, 09:16:01 PM

Well if the scripts a problem then it stands to reason the writer will take most of the blame.

But if you have badly written script why would you as a director make that movie in the first place? That's silly excuse to say: sorry, not my fault, I didn't write it.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Lindelof introduced stupid contrived shit like the black goo, humanoid engineers, awful characters etc but at this point it was not yet hopeless and the franchise could be redeemed with a proper sequel that would learn from Prometheus mistakes (lack of f**king aliens most certainly wasn't one of them). Covenant writers are even worse hacks than Lindelof, our chances of getting a solid movie were close to zero after the writers were revealed. Most, if not all of the mistakes from Prometheus were amplified and new mistakes were introduced, they learned nothing! And of course Ridley shares the blame, he should have done it only if he had a strong script to work on or don't do it all. Alien Covenant should not exist, even visually it's not that interesting. It's the worst franchise legacy killer in a movie history, no prequel has done more harm. Lucas did a way better than this. .

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on May 29, 2017, 09:20:18 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 29, 2017, 09:16:01 PM

But if you have badly written script why would you as a director make that movie in the first place? That's silly excuse to say: sorry, not my fault, I didn't write it[/i

No one sets out to make a bad film, not that I think either of them are, but If your building a house and the plumbing turns out to be shit you blame the plumber not the electrician.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed