After Alien: Covenant, more Ridley or Alien 5?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 23, 2017, 01:00:37 PM

Would you rather see Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 or more Scott sequels?

I loved Prometheus and Alien Covenant! I want Ridley to make more sequels!
I want to see Ripley and Hick's again in a more classic Aliens-esque sequel directed by Neill Blomkamp
Author
After Alien: Covenant, more Ridley or Alien 5? (Read 11,038 times)

Aliens_Diner86

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 28, 2017, 07:43:45 AM
Let Ridley finish his story. WHile not perfect, Prometheus and Covenant together created some very interesting story, I want to see its conclusion

I second that  :D Dont get the hate ATT ALL  :o

N-Shifter

I want one more from Ridley to finish up this trilogy and then we can move onto brand new stories with new directors, let Blomkamp make his movie, whether it involves Ripley or not, I just want to see what he can do with this universe.

The Alien Predator

Let Ridley Scott do his prequel films first.

And then Blomkamp can go back to his original script without Ripley, Hicks and Newt in it and I'll be happy with that route.

Or if he must have Weaver in it so bad, then do a story on Ripley-8 post Resurrection and liberate her from her secrets.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 30, 2017, 11:27:44 PM

And then Blomkamp can go back to his original script without Ripley, Hicks and Newt in it and I'll be happy with that route.

Or if he must have Weaver in it so bad, then do a story on Ripley-8 post Resurrection and liberate her from her secrets.

But Sigourney Weaver is getting older  :'(

marrerom

More Ridley Scott Please. Both Prometheus and Covenant have breathed new life into the series.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 30, 2017, 11:27:44 PM

^This very much.

Hemi

Quote from: windebieste on May 28, 2017, 06:37:57 AM
Oh, God, it's the Boo-Hoo Brigade backlash. 

Go home.  Go back to 1986, already.  Sheesh.

-Windebieste.

^ THIS SO MUCH

:P

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 01, 2017, 09:32:12 AM
Quote from: windebieste on May 28, 2017, 06:37:57 AM
Oh, God, it's the Boo-Hoo Brigade backlash. 

Go home.  Go back to 1986, already.  Sheesh.

-Windebieste.

^ THIS SO MUCH

:P

Hell, If I could travel back to '86 I would. :laugh: f**k yeah! I really don't understand some of the massive distaste for another 'Aliens' like movie? Its been done ONCE. So I don't see why some of you seem tired of it or distasteful of its fans?? I think another Aliens like movie is EXACTLY what this series needs to bring in the numbers and audiences. Continue the Ripley 8 story or do another Aliens-esque movie. I really don't care. I just want to see a definitive conclusion to Ripley and the Xenos.

windebieste

I have absolutely no problem with another 'ALIENS' type movie.  I'm sure Scott is heading in this direction anyway - and I'm looking forward to it. 

As for Ripley's 'definitive ending'.  Have you seen 'ALIEN 3'?  I thought that Ripley's death was meaningful.  It prevented the propagation of the creature and also foiled the attempt of it finally being acquiring by WY.

What kind of 'definitive ending' do you want?  A heroic Ripley, standing there triumphant with one foot on the corpse of the WY CEO's chest, and then have her retire to the suburbs..?   Or endless merry go round episodes of Space Family Superhero Ripley and side kicks Hicks and Newt on an  swath of championing the Human cause across the galaxy, brandishing pulse rifles against an ever diminishing menace of rubber toothed Aliens that can never win?  (Coz Ripley can't die - otherwise, what's the point?)

Coz I haven't yet seen a single proposal to encompasse Ripley beyond 'ALIEN 3' that wasn't just flat out shit.

Embrace the New Canon or go back to 1986.  Some people don't want a brave new 'ALIEN' series for the 21st Century.  They want the safety and familiarity of comfort zone content. 

Well, f**k that.  That's not 'ALIEN', that's Disney.

As for Ripley 8 continuation, I could probably get behind that - but it's so removed from the main time frame by hundreds of years, its' almost not even relevant.

-Windebieste.

Dirty Harry

I want an Alien 5,but not with Blomkamp.

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

A5 is the stupidest idea ever. Let Ridley finish his prequels, then give us an Alien film that fits with the ones we already have.

If you wanna bring Sigourney back, then have her play the Ripley clone in a film set after Resurrection. Personally, I think the character has run its course.

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 01, 2017, 12:37:31 PM
What kind of 'definitive ending' do you want?  A heroic Ripley, standing there triumphant with one foot on the corpse of the WY CEO's chest, and then have her retire to the suburbs..?   Or endless merry go round episodes of Space Family Superhero Ripley and side kicks Hicks and Newt on an  swath of championing the Human cause across the galaxy, brandishing pulse rifles against an ever diminishing menace of rubber toothed Aliens that can never win?  (Coz Ripley can't die - otherwise, what's the point?)

Some fans would probably jizz themselves if that actually happened.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2017, 06:02:19 PM

Which is so incredibly sad.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jun 01, 2017, 07:58:38 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2017, 06:02:19 PM

Which is so incredibly sad.

Yep. I can live without a movie where the Space Family Ripley travel to the original homeworld of the Alien and launch a nuke into the mouth of the super DUPER Queen while shouting "you're terminated, bitch!".

Rankles75

Can think of at least a couple of ideas for an Alien film that would give those characters (and the series) a satisfying send off, none of which are "Aliens version 2.0". Don't think we can really judge what Blomkamp had planned from the concept art, but I very much doubt he would have done something that lazy...

PierreVW

Quote from: Kelgaard on May 23, 2017, 03:40:17 PM
I definitely want Alien 5 with Rip n Hix, but I'm happy enough with Covenant to think maybe Ridley Scott should be the one to direct it.

Sounds great.

I think Sir Ridley Scott could direct a BLACK HAWK DOWN VERSUS ALIENS or MARINES VERSUS ALIENS AND DAVID.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed