Prometheus Fan-Edit Stuff

Started by NickisSmart, Apr 12, 2017, 06:39:26 AM

Author
Prometheus Fan-Edit Stuff (Read 670 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I've finally gotten around the rather draconian filter that Youtube has regarding footage of Prometheus. It's not my intention to upload the entire theatrical cut, or anything. Rather, I simply am uploading clips of me, showing footage of the theatrical cut, and versions of the same scenes, re-edited by me.

Here's the two I've uploaded, so far. Here's hoping they stay up for awhile, so people can take a look:

In this video, I take my fan-edit of Prometheus--specifically the Engineer exploding head scene--and compare it to the theatrical cut version.

Prometheus: fan-edit vs theatrical cut. Synchronizing Visuals with Music, and Appropriate Tone.

The point of this comparison is, that, when editing, an editor must take the visuals and music and sound and edit them in such a way that they make a certain amount of sense, and operate in a synchronized fashion that delivers a desired effect: a scene that moves along and isn't unintentionally confusing or stupid or otherwise nonsensical; a scene whose visuals and music work together to generate a specific, desired tone.

Concerning these factors, editing is extremely important, in regards to a film, as is the selection of music used in a given scene. What's most important isn't that the music was originally composed for the film, but that whatever is used works along the visuals to generate a specific, desired effect.

Prometheus: theatrical vs fanedit comparision #2: Post-natal Shenanigans

In this video I examine a sequence from Prometheus to that of my version, in a fan-edit I did of Prometheus, about 4 years back.

This video is strictly for parody or criticism and falls under Fair Use. All content displayed belongs to FOX and all other respective owners

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Update: First attempt to upload this got blocked. I have tried to upload it again. It looks like it made it past to the filters, this time.

Prometheus: theatrical fanedit comparision #3: true believer and landing

The 3rd video in a series where I examine a sequence from Prometheus to that of my version, in a fan-edit I did of Prometheus, about 4 years back.

This pertains to the landing sequence mainly. :)

Disclaimer: This video is strictly for parody or criticism and falls under Fair Use. All content displayed belongs to FOX and all other respective owners

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

The 4th video in a series where I examine a sequence from Prometheus to that of my version, in a fan-edit I did of Prometheus, about 4 years back.

This pertains to the Last Engineer, waking him up, and the ensuing bad attitude. :)

Disclaimer: This video is strictly for parody or criticism and falls under Fair Use. All content displayed belongs to FOX and all other respective owners

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed