Neomorphs True Form?

Started by echobbase79, Mar 20, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

Author
Neomorphs True Form? (Read 1,504 times)

Richman678

Richman678

The Neomorph......Why didn't Fifield from Prometheus birth a Neomorph? Its been bothering me for months, and I haven't seen a forum set up to discuss it yet.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Richman678 on Mar 21, 2017, 06:11:32 PM
The Neomorph......Why didn't Fifield from Prometheus birth a Neomorph? Its been bothering me for months, and I haven't seen a forum set up to discuss it yet.

Why would he birth a neomorph? Net's come from spores, Fifield fell in a pool of Engineer jizz.

Richman678

Richman678

So your saying The Neomorphs will be directly related to David or Shaws experiments?? I haven't read any spoilers mind you so this is all theory.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Richman678 on Mar 21, 2017, 06:59:30 PM
So your saying The Neomorphs will be directly related to David or Shaws experiments?? I haven't read any spoilers mind you so this is all theory.

I've not read the majority of them either but I do know the planets eco-system has been messed up by the accelerant. The trailer shows how the Neomorphs enter the victims system, through mutated pods and their spores.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

how did you jump to that assumption?

the neomorph as said grow in a human host - like a chestburster grows inside after being planet through a facehugger - after the host has been in contact with (parasitic) spores, that are launched from pods that grow on the floor like mushrooms and from trees.

the relative difference between xeno and neo is that the fachugger is missing, however, you could potentially reason that the spores are the fachugger's replacement and the pods are like the eggs.

since there is no embryo laid in the mouth like a facehugger does, it nests itself elsewhere. i am not sure how ear-entry causes it to grow from the upper spine, but a throatbuster from a nose entry is believable, though i'm curious how big it will be when it pops.

anyway, the answer never stated anything related to david or shaw experiments.there is some speculation htere, but it's not much more than that really. the spoilers are also all over the place. we'll find out soon though.

Richman678

Richman678

Well ok so the obvious answer is the neomorph is the product of the step by step process that David or Shaw have been working on since the events of Prometheus. (Again I haven't read spoilers)

So the theory is that Human bathes in Black Goo you become a zombie monster hybrid...thing. If Human ingests black goo they are deconstructed down to the molecular level. Also unknown Alien Plant mixed with black goo produces fungus black goo hybrid whose spores produce Neomorphs...added note the plant may have been manufactured by David or Shaw or maybe even Engineers.

I really hate the black goo. I truly hope Covenant improves on this god awful plot hole.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 21, 2017, 09:22:46 PM

the neomorph as said grow in a human host - like a chestburster grows inside after being planet through a facehugger - after the host has been in contact with (parasitic) spores, that are launched from pods that grow on the floor like mushrooms and from trees.

the relative difference between xeno and neo is that the fachugger is missing, however, you could potentially reason that the spores are the fachugger's replacement and the pods are like the eggs.

since there is no embryo laid in the mouth like a facehugger does, it nests itself elsewhere. i am not sure how ear-entry causes it to grow from the upper spine, but a throatbuster from a nose entry is believable, though i'm curious how big it will be when it pops.

anyway, the answer never stated anything related to david or shaw experiments.there is some speculation htere, but it's not much more than that really. the spoilers are also all over the place. we'll find out soon though.

I wonder how fast the process will be from infection to birth?

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

From the trailer it looks like the crew are infected from the spores during the day, whilst the neo's burst out when it's dark/dusk. So we can assume there's some passing of time... similar to Kane's incubation period I guess...

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 21, 2017, 10:24:31 PM
From the trailer it looks like the crew are infected from the spores during the day, whilst the neo's burst out when it's dark/dusk. So we can assume there's some passing of time... similar to Kane's incubation period I guess...

It also looks to be some combination of the infection Holloway experiences AND an incubation. I'd like to see the process explained in the film.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 21, 2017, 09:22:46 PM

According to the spoilers it seems:
Spoiler
David has bombed the engineer planet with the black goo and this has caused the spores to grow on the trees. From the slow drip of information it would seem David is either experimenting on the spores and/or Elizabeth Shaw with the Goo to perfect the Neomorphs and create the ProtoMorph. Which is the more traditional xenomorph seen in the trailer.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed