First Look at The Predator Cast!

Started by Anthony, Feb 20, 2017, 04:08:08 PM

Author
First Look at The Predator Cast! (Read 39,494 times)

Johnny Handsome

Fact is the fans who want something in the vein of P1 and P2 will be deeply disappointed.

Prepare yourselves.

Not by default, no. Because the movie can be different enough to feel fresh and can have some great stuff that fans love about the first two movies.

BishopShouldGo

P2 is so not in the vein of P1 anyway, and that has nothing to do with the different setting and in spite of the similar plot beats of P1.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

The whole kid thing sounds like it's throwing pretty much everyone off. The kid is supposed to be able to decode the predator language. It sounds far fetched.

Canon_Barbarian

Looks very weak

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 21, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
Fact is the fans who want something in the vein of P1 and P2 will be deeply disappointed.

Prepare yourselves.

Not by default, no. Because the movie can be different enough to feel fresh and can have some great stuff that fans love about the first two movies.

If it doesn't equal P1 or P2 in terms of action, violence, and gore, then most fans will be disappointed.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Keith on Feb 21, 2017, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 21, 2017, 05:09:27 PM

Prepare yourselves.

If it doesn't equal P1 or P2 in terms of action, violence, and gore, then most fans will be disappointed.
Including myself, but it is confirmed to be R, Black can write and direct great action and suspense, so i don't worry in that regard at all.

BishopShouldGo

It's going to be smart, clever violence too. Not just slash slash slash like Predator 2.

Master

Master

Care to explain how violence in this one is supposed to be clever? Was it clever in P1? If so, how it's not clever in P2?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

This video articulates very cogently why Shane Black is a master of subversive violence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiQs1dE0Tc

The violence in P1 isn't really clever. But it's good and not gratuitous. I'd say the only clever bit of violence is, ironically enough, Billy's death. There's this big buildup and we don't even get to see anything. That seems like something Shane would do. Or "stick around", which is more amusing. Dillon's arm still firing is also something Shane would do.

King Willie's in P2's sort of echoes Billy's in that regard, but other than that it's just mindless, gratuitous violence. Which is fine.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Kerrod33 on Feb 21, 2017, 02:44:23 AM
Ok, as a member of the military myself, Dutches crew is far from realistic with there body size. Hawkins, Royce and now McKenna are what you would expect physique wise in a service. It grounds these movies in reality which makes it more immersive, rather then having 'roided body builders running around pretending to be soldiers.

Yes I understand that a few of the cast from the original were actual soldiers years before the film but in today's society, if you looked like them you would be drug tested every second day and dishonourably discharged from your service.

And the kid could work. Look at T2 and Aliens for example. It gives the chance for the main character to have something to fight for (the survival of his kid) instead of the main character just being another potential number.

Sterling K. Brown is a fantastic actor. His performances in 'Supernatural' and 'This is Us' tv series is really friggin good. Better than what Arnie could pull off lol

But the movie isn't out so I won't judge on its rating until I've actually watched it. Could end up eating my own words haha
They went for the more realistic body builds for military guys like in Predators. None stood out as bad asses or strong individuals. The 80's muscle body type adds a level of physical acting that these films need. Would you want to see pro wrestling if everyone looked pudgy and normal?

BishopShouldGo

This isn't pro wrestling.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: genocyber on Feb 21, 2017, 09:07:52 PM
Quote from: Kerrod33 on Feb 21, 2017, 02:44:23 AM
Ok, as a member of the military myself, Dutches crew is far from realistic with there body size. Hawkins, Royce and now McKenna are what you would expect physique wise in a service. It grounds these movies in reality which makes it more immersive, rather then having 'roided body builders running around pretending to be soldiers.

Yes I understand that a few of the cast from the original were actual soldiers years before the film but in today's society, if you looked like them you would be drug tested every second day and dishonourably discharged from your service.

And the kid could work. Look at T2 and Aliens for example. It gives the chance for the main character to have something to fight for (the survival of his kid) instead of the main character just being another potential number.

Sterling K. Brown is a fantastic actor. His performances in 'Supernatural' and 'This is Us' tv series is really friggin good. Better than what Arnie could pull off lol

But the movie isn't out so I won't judge on its rating until I've actually watched it. Could end up eating my own words haha
They went for the more realistic body builds for military guys like in Predators. None stood out as bad asses or strong individuals. The 80's muscle body type adds a level of physical acting that these films need. Would you want to see pro wrestling if everyone looked pudgy and normal?

Yeah its not about realism, its not about if bodybuilders have a higher chance on defeating a predator or not. It looks cools and it sells.

Like in sports, in each generation guys get bigger, not only bodybuilders or powerlifters, compare any athletes now and from what they were over 50 years ago. Normal humans got boring, people like to watch super humans on sports, and thanks to science they will continue to beat the previous generation and sell tickets.

Also I dont know how things are in other places but here the usage of steroids among cops and military is quite normal. It gives an advantage.

Master

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 08:29:41 PM
This video articulates very cogently why Shane Black is a master of subversive violence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiQs1dE0Tc

The violence in P1 isn't really clever. But it's good and not gratuitous. I'd say the only clever bit of violence is, ironically enough, Billy's death. There's this big buildup and we don't even get to see anything. That seems like something Shane would do. Or "stick around", which is more amusing. Dillon's arm still firing is also something Shane would do.

King Willie's in P2's sort of echoes Billy's in that regard, but other than that it's just mindless, gratuitous violence. Which is fine.

Going by this logic, Jamaican pinned by net to the wall is clever, same with Keys cut in half. 

BishopShouldGo

No good sir, those are not clever. It's ok though. I guess I did not explain clearly. Blame me! All good. :)

Stealth_Hunter

Thanks for posting that video, Bishop, it was a pretty cool. The uploader was spot on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed