free video editing software recommendation for a windows vista.

Started by frenchfries, Feb 15, 2017, 01:21:51 AM

Author
free video editing software recommendation for a windows vista. (Read 1,330 times)

frenchfries

i have been looking for a free editing software program so that i can edit some movies that i have been wanting to see but i tried hitfilm and it was too much for my computer.

SM

Windows Movie Maker.

Corporal Hicks

Aye, should be installed as default I think. It's pretty simplistic though.

Space_Dementia

I use Filmora to edit my videos for YouTube, its not as sophisticated as most editing software, but I really like it and it comes with all the tools I need. It was quite cheap too, I think I paid £30 something, but that was just for one install on one computer/laptop.

Dom Dwyer

Shotcut Video Editor is not bad. There are some features I like, but some I don't. Now I'm back to Sony Vegas Pro 14.

Dom Dwyer

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Mar 12, 2017, 09:35:30 PM
I use Filmora to edit my videos for YouTube, its not as sophisticated as most editing software, but I really like it and it comes with all the tools I need. It was quite cheap too, I think I paid £30 something, but that was just for one install on one computer/laptop.

I'm excited about Filmora Pro!

oduodu

Shotcut
Blender (has a video editing facility)
Ffmpeg(commandline program)

These work on windows linux and applemac.

If you require smart rendering (if you are not transcoding to a professional intermediate codec like prores that are intraframe codecs))  and key framing you're better off buying something like pinnacle ultimate or sony vegas. There is a free version of da vinci resolve but have no idea if it will work for you.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

DaVinci Resolve is probably the most powerful free NLE out here.
Still not close to AVID power for serious editing and a bit behind Premiere and Final Cut but Black Magic is really pushing the envelops here.

Plus it's a kickass Color Grading software and possess an integrated solution for Fusion composition which is also, a free Compositing Node structure software.

I use it daily for Color Grading but it's solid enough for a free NLE and gets tons of support and updates every months.
Its interface is very close to Final Cut, so if you're used to it, you might just love it.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

EDIT: NVM, just checked it's not available on Vista  :-X For anyone on 7, 10, Linux and Mac OS, It would be the good to go software.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed