Scott approach to movie making: too much going on at one time?

Started by oduodu, Feb 05, 2017, 07:53:32 PM

Author
Scott approach to movie making: too much going on at one time? (Read 1,964 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Sounds good, I'll have to check it out sometime!

I heard Ridley was recently spotted doing location scouting in Mexico and Spain for the film.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 06, 2017, 05:43:32 PM
Sounds good, I'll have to check it out sometime!

I heard Ridley was recently spotted doing location scouting in Mexico and Spain for the film.

Well I don't know your taste in books but I recommend that one to anyone who likes westerns and weird stuff.

I thought that, according to podcast with Wayne Haag, Scott was going to make his another movie in Australia because he likes it very much. Or maybe Wayne applied that to Covenant sequel.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, you're right, Wayne did say that Scott was interested in shooting another non-Alien movie in Aussie. And the Australian Outback can easily double for the American Old West.

But I saw a couple of tweets a few weeks ago, one saying he was in Mexico doing location scouting and another with a photograph of him with some Spanish army officials saying he was currently scouting over there for Wraiths. Could be that he will use a selection of settings from different countries and do the studio shoots at Fox Studios, Sydney.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 06, 2017, 06:11:09 PM
Yeah, you're right, Wayne did say that Scott was interested in shooting another non-Alien movie in Aussie. And the Australian Outback can easily double for the American Old West.

But I saw a couple of tweets a few weeks ago, one saying he was in Mexico doing location scouting and another with a photograph of him with some Spanish army officials saying he was currently scouting over there for Wraiths. Could be that he will use a selection of settings from different countries and do the studio shoots at Fox Studios, Sydney.

Australia can substitute for Old West but I prefer him to shoot in America/Mexico. On the other hand The Revenant was shot in Canada, USA and Argentina and I couldn't tell the difference.

For sure he'll shoot at Fox Studios because of ... just read the book :).

ReluctantNerd

Ever since Prometheus I've looked at Scott's films with a more critical eye, and when I recently watched Body of Lies I noticed so many of the same flaws that plagued Prometheus that I'm starting to conclude that he has a very hasty and haphazard way of throwing movies together these days. I haven't seen most of his recent movies though but I do like his visual style, and what he does (both good and bad), he always seems to do with a lot of confidence. Nevertheless it would seem better if he would stick to what makes sense and not with what looks cool or introducing some idea that is cool in itself but doesn't work in the story... I'm thinking of those goo leaking ampules for example (for which they used a practical effect using sound to get the stuff on top to bubble and move) versus the ampule David takes which looks like it could not have leaked that way as the goo in there was hermetically sealed in those green dildo things. Both ideas are cool, but together they don't make much sense.

SM

The atmosphere changed the room as evidenced by the sweating and bubbling on top of the vases.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed