LV-223 and LV-426 Orbit the same planet!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 07, 2016, 05:03:54 PM

Author
LV-223 and LV-426 Orbit the same planet!! (Read 36,421 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

if they orbit the same planet why didn't the prometheus crew catch onto the derelict signal

SiL

The same source, the Blu-Ray, says they did.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

and the movie mentions no iota of such thing...?

SM

From memory, Blu-Ray says David picked it up while everyone was asleep but kept it secret.  Possibly on Weyland's instructions as it wasn't central to the old man's plans.  I think.

oduodu

oduodu

The blu ray extra was an email if I wasn't mistaken where Weyland indicated that they had plans to  visit an an unknown signal emanating from a nearby planet and that was the next place to visit.

I always assumed the email was written prior to the Prometheus leaving earth. Since the Weyland industries website indicate that LV 426 was discovered 2034 -ish it left me with the impression that the email was sent prior to the mission and that it was  always the plan to go to LV 426 after that and David was the only other presence on the Prometheus that was aware of this. Am I assuming too  much? And is recollection accurate?

AsapJockey

Its all a cover up, Weyland crashed the ship, and makes that planet LV-426 to cover up what happened on LV-223, this will the big plot twist to end the trilogy

klesk4ever

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 07, 2016, 06:06:12 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 07, 2016, 05:47:18 PM
As for the LV426 and LV223 problem, and based on something Wayne Haag was saying, there is the possibility that the Engineers found the Derelict on LV426 and set up a base to reverse Engineer the Space Jockey Tech, on LV223.

OK but what about "invitation" map found by Shaw on the Isle of Skye? Why painting (why ancient people would have done it in the first place?) a map that shows a way to a military base?

Maybe it was a warning not to go there.
And Shaw was a crappy scientist.

Keiff

Keiff

Seems to make some sense that maybe when the shiz goes down on LV 223, some 2000 years ago "give or take", one of the infected engineers fled site in one of the many other ships and crashed onto LV 426 when he died? This would be more likely if they are orbiting the same planet and give enough time (1.6-2 millennia) for the derelict and its contents to ossify by the time it is found in 2122 by the Nostromo.

As to the star maps pointing humanity to LV223...

I tend to think that the engineers encountered the xenos (or precursors/variants of them) hundreds of thousands of years ago. Through their own tribulations with the species  and subsequent study of them, they discovered its ability to alter/recombine DNA and eventually leveraged this to seed life across a multitude of worlds over the millennia. This would almost explain their reverence of the biological cycle of egg-facehugger-anymorph as almost a religion then depicted in the murals and sculpture.

Furthermore, that would explain the Deacon and its existence (or something very much similar) in the relief sculpture. Maybe the Deacon is the result of a Xenospecies + Engineer pairing (although the one we saw was achieved in a roundabout manner) and allowed them to study and extract the raw "accelerant" black goo for their purposes. After they've got the stuff, they start bouncing around the galaxy seeding various planets through the sacrificial fusion of the goo and their own DNA.

On the flip side, if the goo has already been infused with additional material, that could lead to the weaponization of the stuff. In early scripts, this goo was represented as scarabs, and it was eluded to that there were variations of these scarabs, based on each groups source DNA in other areas of the ship. Could be that each variant was based on the union of the xenospecies with each dominant lifeform from the planets they had seeded.

In any case... It may have been that, when the engineers identified LV 223 to early man, it was before the moon contained weaponized forms of the biomass, only the raw, untainted accelerant they used to seed life.

Just speculation of course.

x-M-x

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 07, 2016, 05:03:54 PM
They both orbit the Planet Calpamos!!
LV-426
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/3/30/LV-426_Aliens.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20120304002817

LV-223

So why are there Eggs on LV-426, and not LV-223?? Where is the space jockey actually from, and are they superior to the engineer??

And if these guys are bad and wanted to get to Earth then why set the warning beacon to stay away??

I'm sure these questions will be answered  in 2020 when ALIEN: JUGGERNAUT hits theaters! 8)

I'm more curious to what the 3rd planet is called or about.

as for the space jockey and the derelict? well David didn't create the xeno's... that space jockey was massive and that ship was very very very old.

The engineers are either (slaves/workers of the space jockey or they steal/used the space jockey ships/tech)

426Buddy

Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 10, 2017, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 07, 2016, 05:03:54 PM
They both orbit the Planet Calpamos!!
LV-426
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/3/30/LV-426_Aliens.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20120304002817

LV-223

So why are there Eggs on LV-426, and not LV-223?? Where is the space jockey actually from, and are they superior to the engineer??

And if these guys are bad and wanted to get to Earth then why set the warning beacon to stay away??

I'm sure these questions will be answered  in 2020 when ALIEN: JUGGERNAUT hits theaters! 8)

I'm more curious to what the 3rd planet is called or about.

as for the space jockey and the derelict? well David didn't create the xeno's... that space jockey was massive and that ship was very very very old.

The engineers are either (slaves/workers of the space jockey or they steal/used the space jockey ships/tech)

Scott has shown a willingness to handwave these problems and retcon the first film, so it's not out of the question that he would make the Jockey an engineer, make the crash more recent, and turn the sleeping colonists on the covenant into the eggs in the derelict.

Horrible I know, but if thats what scott has in mind, I don't think he would hesitate to do it.

Corporal Hicks

I still think there's some wiggle room for those hoping that the Jockeys are the true Gods and the Engineers are mimicking them. Ridley was still mentioning the whole "so who made the Engineers?" thing going into Covenant.

BishopShouldGo

gosh I hope so. I kinda dont want that to be the case but itll reconcile the size discrepancy between the one in alien and the one in prometheus

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2017, 07:06:40 PM
I still think there's some wiggle room for those hoping that the Jockeys are the true Gods and the Engineers are mimicking them. Ridley was still mentioning the whole "so who made the Engineers?" thing going into Covenant.
It sure does. I think it's the purpose of David's line "I was designed like this because you are more comfortable interacting with your own kind. If I didn't wear a suit, it would defeat the purpose." I mean the engineers are "apparently" humans wearing "suits" that resemble not only the jockey but the alien.

Nyarlathotep

Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I thought I'd heard that they orbit the same planet somewhere else before.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 11, 2017, 01:51:01 AM
Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I thought I'd heard that they orbit the same planet somewhere else before.

I remember when Prometheus came out they Interviewed Cameron and he acknowledged that they did orbit same planet!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed