Older Comics that can Fit With Current Series?

Started by Kurai, Dec 03, 2016, 09:35:13 PM

Author
Older Comics that can Fit With Current Series? (Read 3,556 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 04, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 04, 2016, 02:21:22 PM
Quote from: Kurai on Dec 03, 2016, 11:14:33 PM
Is that the one where they're harvesting the eggs to sell them and maybe eat them? I think I have that one...  :)
Sounds like you're describing Aliens: Kidnapped.

No, it's Aliens: Reapers.

It's this green skinned alien race that enters a hive to kill some Aliens. One gets facehugged and simply eats the Facehugger before they harvest the eggs to go and sell them on a market. I remember that one.

Aliens: Kidnapped sounds interesting, I haven't heard of that one. Do you remember what it's about?
Ohh okay, Reapers does fit the description now that you mention it, haha

Kidnapped is about a group of mercenaries harvesting eggs to sell them, and it has a scene where a man licks an Alien egg. In total it's a very weird story and I go back and forth on if I like it.
Spoiler
One of the eggs that the mercenaries captured is all weird and pink, and it gives birth to a pink facehugger that facehugs a guy, and the resultant chestburster is kinda-mutated and scurries around inflicting this sort of plague to anything that comes in contact with it. The plague makes people kinda melt and explode very messily, it's all a little bizarre. There's actually no adult Aliens in the entire story, despite the series cover art.
[close]
The art isn't bad and it's certainly unique, it's just kinda bizarre. It certainly puts some more "weirdness" back into the Alien, although it's up for interpretation if it's for better or for worse.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 04, 2016, 08:06:30 PM
Is that the one where they're harvesting the eggs to sell them and maybe eat them? I think I have that one...  :)

It's this green skinned alien race that enters a hive to kill some Aliens. One gets facehugged and simply eats the Facehugger before they harvest the eggs to go and sell them on a market. I remember that one.

Aliens: Kidnapped sounds interesting, I haven't heard of that one. Do you remember what it's about?

Kidnapped is about a group of mercenaries harvesting eggs to sell them, and it has a scene where a man licks an Alien egg. In total it's a very weird story and I go back and forth on if I like it.
Spoiler
One of the eggs that the mercenaries captured is all weird and pink, and it gives birth to a pink facehugger that facehugs a guy, and the resultant chestburster is kinda-mutated and scurries around inflicting this sort of plague to anything that comes in contact with it. The plague makes people kinda melt and explode very messily, it's all a little bizarre. There's actually no adult Aliens in the entire story, despite the series cover art.
[close]
The art isn't bad and it's certainly unique, it's just kinda bizarre. It certainly puts some more "weirdness" back into the Alien, although it's up for interpretation if it's for better or for worse.

Wow, that's certainly something you don't see often in an Alien story. Who in their right mind would lick an Alien egg?  :P

Have you heard of Aliens: Taste? It's another story that shows an alien eating Facehuggers. Some giant reptilian thing squeezes a hugger out of an egg with his fingers and then places it on a grill with many other huggers.

It's a very short story with only narration if I remember correctly. It starts out implying a typical Alien story and bam, it's on the grill.  :laugh:

Kind of makes the universe scary as hell... you have this acid bleeding galactic nightmare, and then you have aliens that hunt them for fun or for food...

And yet we can barely contain them haha, we sure are young and small compared to the other big boys.

SM

The guy who licks the egg is an arrogant and powerful celebrity, who likes new experiences.  He licks it believing it's frozen.

Quote from: Ectomorph on Dec 04, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Is there some element in the new comics/literature that renders an infestation of Earth completely unviable?

Resurrection does that.

QuoteI dunno, that's what, thirty years or so? That's a long time for a corporation like Weyland Yutani to cover up an infestation and manipulate/spin as some sort biological attack from a competitor, maybe get a nice profitable international conflict going...

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm of the mentality that where there's a will, there's a way whenever it comes to making things fit.

The old stuff was full of holes even before the post-Prometheus 'reboot'.

Ectomorph

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2016, 08:57:55 PM
The guy who licks the egg is an arrogant and powerful celebrity, who likes new experiences.  He licks it believing it's frozen.

Quote from: Ectomorph on Dec 04, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Is there some element in the new comics/literature that renders an infestation of Earth completely unviable?

Resurrection does that.

How?

SM

People aren't simply going to forget Earth was completely over-run by Aliens - along with a bunch of colonies and Aliens were widely known about by the general public for decades that follows.

Dark Horse tried to introduce something called The Big Deletion where a computer virus was spread by androids and wiped out computer systems and over 240 colonies.  However it wasn't terribly well executed, in terms of when it happened, and conveniently all records of Ripley and the Alien survived and were accessible by the USM and Call.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 04, 2016, 08:21:39 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 04, 2016, 08:06:30 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Wow, that's certainly something you don't see often in an Alien story. Who in their right mind would lick an Alien egg?  :P

Have you heard of Aliens: Taste? It's another story that shows an alien eating Facehuggers. Some giant reptilian thing squeezes a hugger out of an egg with his fingers and then places it on a grill with many other huggers.
Yeah, Taste is pretty unique and memorable as well.

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2016, 08:57:55 PM

The old stuff was full of holes even before the post-Prometheus 'reboot'.
Nothing that wasn't particularly difficult to overlook, or patch with some "Leland Chee"-esque "continuity spackle". :P

Local Trouble

Is the Grand Unification Project taking root in this thread?

Xenomrph

It certainly seems that way, haha.

SM

I just re-read AvP Eternal, and it could fit since it takes place on 21st century and the whole thing is covered up.

But the main reason I'd dragging up this old thread is the guy named Crab who Rebecca McBride gets to analyse a Predator two pronged fork thing.  Crab is part of a group who hack government and corporate databases then dump the dirty secrets on the web.  So Edginton called WikiLeaks back in 1998.

But the real kicker is
Spoiler
Crab's real name is Julian.  :D
[close]

Xenomrph

Haha, life imitates art. :D

EJA

I can swallow Weyland-Yutani covering up some of the incidents in the older comics, but I don't think there's any way people could soon forget a mass invasion of Earth by xenos. I mean, it's the heart of human interstellar civilization! Things in the outer colonies may be a different matter though...

OpenMaw

Yeah, a distant colony? Shit happens.

Earth? No. There's no "covering" that. BILLIONS of people are witnesses to that.

Pretty sure the original AVP comic fits into the new continuity without a hitch at all, given it's a fairly self-contained event anyway.

SM

The sequels have issues however.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2017, 01:44:55 AM
The sequels have issues however.
I don't recall Berserker having much of an issue, and AvP: War follows from that. Three World War has the tangential issue of the android character referencing the infestation of earth in the 'Aliens' lead-up story, but I don't know that TWW itself had any issues. it's also been years since I read it and I didn't like it much at the time anyway, so I could be mis-remembering it.

AvP: Duel straight up references the events of 'Alien' and W-Y's knowledge of the Derelict ship and stuff, and I don't really think that contradicts anything.

SiL

They have no idea of the Predators in that one, though, which seems real weird. They expect a derelict, find a Predator ship, and are all, "well, this is completely unknown."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed