Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. Aliens (Dark Horse & IDW)

Started by vikingspawn, Oct 28, 2016, 04:45:40 PM

Author
Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. Aliens (Dark Horse & IDW) (Read 13,316 times)

The Alien Predator

Indeed, both are aliens and both are predators. XD And yet it works because they both have their own unique things about themselves.

Also, seeing as Hirogen and Predators both like hunting dangerous things, they might actually start trying to hunt each other. There can only be one Apex Predator!  :laugh:

Yes, them fighting Klingons would be a dream come true for both races. A Borg Predator would be cool to see. I think they'd give the Borg some trouble seeing as how most of their weaponry is physical rather than energy based. Maybe the Borg adapt to a plasma shot after it's fired a few times, but then they'd be faced with spear guns, actual thrown spears or shot wristblades, and not to mention in melee combat the Predator weaponry may have better reach than the Borg drones.

It'd be a great crossover with tons of potential.

Local Trouble

I honestly don't see how the aliens have a chance.  A TOS phaser can vaporize a human being with one shot and can be fired thousands of times before recharging.

Federation technology makes this a cakewalk.

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 04, 2016, 08:04:44 PM
I honestly don't see how the aliens have a chance.  A TOS phaser can vaporize a human being with one shot and can be fired thousands of times before recharging.

They would have to put the characters in a situation where they are out of their element and not able to rely on their technology. Or maybe trying to vaporize an alien results in an acid explosion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 04, 2016, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 04, 2016, 08:04:44 PM

They would have to put the characters in a situation where they are out of their element and not able to rely on their technology. Or maybe trying to vaporize an alien results in an acid explosion.

Of course.  Superman was nerfed too in his own crossover with the aliens.  Hell, the colonial nmarines would have steamrolled the aliens if not for some bad decision-making.

The Alien Predator

Yeah, and in Superman and Batman vs Alien and Predator, the Aliens weren't really a threat to Superman at all. He easily and casually collects them to store them in his Fortress of Solitude to contain within alongside the Predators and their ship. The Predators weren't troublesome to him either. It was mainly Batman who had to watch his back for both until Superman came to save him.

vikingspawn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 02, 2016, 05:48:12 PM
Brundlefly wasn't formidable, because he was meant to be a diseased deformity.

Martinfly from the sequel was considerably more adept (ropey puppetry aside).

The comic sequel series was interesting since it showed more fully developed Fly creatures with extra super-Fly strength.  They had humanoid sized wings to fly around in groups too.  They also have that projectile vomiting melting feature that's comparable to the Aliens' blood.

I'd like to see the artist, Menton3, on a future Aliens comic series or variant covers.  His style is almost like Simon Bisley but more visually realistic.

Corporal Hicks

So this has been cancelled -

QuoteErrata: the October 30 (2016) announcement of the Star Trek: Next Generation/Aliens crossover has been withdrawn. It now appears that the series will not happen.

Still pending: news about other projects. Hopefully soon.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1342116545853068&id=120655541332514&comment_id=1342127372518652&ref=notif&notif_t=like&notif_id=1482866975427793

HuDaFuK

That sucks. Can't really say I was going to get it but I was genuinely interested in seeing what they came up with.

SM

Whiskeybrewer

Bugger, I was looking forward to that

The Alien Predator

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing how this goes.

tyrannosaurusjones

Bummer... I was doing covers for this... :/

The Alien Predator

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Dec 28, 2016, 01:35:36 AM

Now that the crossover has been cancelled, will you be allowed to share any of the covers that you did? If you want to share them of course.

I thought this crossover had such promise, it was one of those I always wanted to see...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Dec 28, 2016, 01:35:36 AMBummer... I was doing covers for this... :/

Had no idea you were going to be involved!

Seems odd that you'd find out it's been called off via us...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Dec 28, 2016, 01:35:36 AM

That blows.  :-\ Would have loved to have seen that. Did you have any concepts in mind already?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed