Question regarding the Jordans exploring the derelict

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Oct 21, 2016, 08:41:17 PM

Author
Question regarding the Jordans exploring the derelict (Read 4,059 times)

SM

How do facehuggers track prey?
Heat - could they find someone in a insulated suit in vacuum?
CO2 emissions allowing them to home in on a hosts mouth - if so, how did it go straight for Kane's face in a spacesuit?
What's the nature of the link with the egg?
Can it be re-established if a hugger doesn't find a host and goes back to the egg?

Kel G 426

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2016, 09:05:48 PM
Too many unknowns.  If stepping on a tendril triggers them, Ripley and Newt stood on a bunch of them.

The tendrils may simply provide a more tactile awareness of the surroundings. Overlapping tendrils may form a sensory web to let each egg know what's going on with the others. So if one host is detected and one egg opens, the others know to stay shut. Just speculating.

Quotewhy would the egg in the Hive that open knowing it was going to cause a scene?

Just couldn't keep it in his pants.

Xenomorphine

The old speculative theory is that Anne winched Russ down and then back up, using whatever the Nostromo crew used and left behind. Noticing it would have also given him additional reason to be curious about going down there.

If they had both gone directly into the chamber, I don't know how Anne would have physically retrieved him without being attacked in the process.

SM

They disassembled the winch assembly to build the stretcher for Kane.

The Jordens were carrying a rope however, though I'm not sure Anne could lift Russ as a dead weight.

System Apollo

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2016, 04:59:02 AM
They disassembled the winch assembly to build the stretcher for Kane.

The Jordens were carrying a rope however, though I'm not sure Anne could lift Russ as a dead weight.
Perhaps they had taken an alternative route leading to the chamber?

windebieste

Well, maybe they did use the winch.  After all, it was certainly left behind when the crew of the Anisedoria explored the derelict 15 years after the Nostromo had long been gone:

The disassembly of the winch to carry Kane back to the Nostromo is a fine example of 'Alternate Canon' where such evidence otherwise can only result in conflict of 'fact'.   I guess, you can say the same thing about who turned off the beacon as well.

Make your own mind up about this one, I say.

-Windebieste.

judge death

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2016, 12:14:45 AM
CO2 emissions allowing them to home in on a hosts mouth - if so, how did it go straight for Kane's face in a spacesuit?
Can it be re-established if a hugger doesn't find a host and goes back to the egg?
Well in Alien resurrection you see one egg close after the facehugger crawls back in but that movie is a bad choice for what a xeno can do, but I always thought they could do that if they cant find a host. Makes me wonder how they else got the facehugger in the tubes in aliens?

I dont think the queen can controll the eggs or facehuggers, I think they are more basic lifeforms that has only one purpose and has no intelligence, just act on instinct, but what sparks the egg to hatch and such I have no idea for yet.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2016, 12:14:45 AM

Did you ever voice any of these questions in an official capacity?

SM

QuotePerhaps they had taken an alternative route leading to the chamber?

That's what I always thought.  They didn't enter the same place Dallas et al. did.

QuoteWell, maybe they did use the winch.  After all, it was certainly left behind when the crew of the Anisedoria explored the derelict 15 years after the Nostromo had long been gone

All that falls under - "What was going on there, when everything else in the game was so accurate?"

QuoteWell, maybe they did use the winch.  After all, it was certainly left behind when the crew of the Anisedoria explored the derelict 15 years after the Nostromo had long been gone

We see eggs close, but there's still a facehugger crawling out of another egg just before Christie's grenades explode.  In AvP a stack of eggs open when Miller shoots the hugger and they all still appear to be open with Lex and Scar show up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed