Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 08, 2016, 07:51:18 PM

Author
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic) (Read 41,436 times)

The Comic Collector J

It will almost be a full year before all four issues have been released and that is IF issue four comes out in May. Dark Horse still has it listed on its website so we have that going for us, that and they have the pre-order option still up. I want to say it has something to do with a legal problem or they are timing it for Covenant. 

Valaquen

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 13, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
If there are problems happening between IDW and Dark Horse, I'd like to know what is going on.

Is this series in new IDW canon, or 2000AD's?

Ultramorph

I believe it's IDW.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 14, 2017, 03:50:20 PM

Actually, it's in 2000AD's Dredd canon. They specifically reference the Incubus comic, which is 2000AD canon.

IDW has written stories which tie into 2000AD's Dredd canon, this is one of them.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 14, 2017, 04:17:15 PM
I believe it's IDW.

See above reply to Valaquen.

Valaquen

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 14, 2017, 07:22:02 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 14, 2017, 03:50:20 PM

Actually, it's in 2000AD's Dredd canon. They specifically reference the Incubus comic, which is 2000AD canon.

IDW has written stories which tie into 2000AD's Dredd canon, this is one of them.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 14, 2017, 04:17:15 PM
I believe it's IDW.

See above reply to Valaquen.

Cheers. I am in the dark regarding IDW's stories. Thought their colour reprints of The Dark Judges and Apocalypse War were sublime. I'm hoping they do Oz and Judge Child.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 14, 2017, 08:17:52 PM
Cheers. I am in the dark regarding IDW's stories. Thought their colour reprints of The Dark Judges and Apocalypse War were sublime. I'm hoping they do Oz and Judge Child.

I'm just glad that Aliens and Predators canonically exist within an external franchise that Fox doesn't own and are pretty much legit AU versions of the mainstream Aliens and Predators, which is something, I think should be talked about and accepted with open arms about.

But that's just me.

Valaquen

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 14, 2017, 08:23:58 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 14, 2017, 08:17:52 PM

I'm just glad that Aliens and Predators canonically exist within an external franchise that Fox doesn't own and are pretty much legit AU versions of the mainstream Aliens and Predators, which is something, I think should be talked about and accepted with open arms about.

But that's just me.

It's thanks to 2000AD's strict chronological approach to Dredd. Other publishing houses reset their history quite a bit. I love having 40 years of canonical Dredd. The bonus is getting great crossovers that are not ignored further down the timeline (the first Batman/Dredd crossover concluded an earlier story that had Judge Death and Mean Machine on the loose). It's pretty cool.

SM

How do they explain Dredd's advancing years?  I've got a lot of 2000AD comics that were originally from the late 70's to mid 80s, but I've not read a new Dredd comic - other than crossovers - for a very long time.  He wasn't exactly young when he was first introduced.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2017, 11:30:26 PM
How do they explain Dredd's advancing years?  I've got a lot of 2000AD comics that were originally from the late 70's to mid 80s, but I've not read a new Dredd comic - other than crossovers - for a very long time.  He wasn't exactly young when he was first introduced.

I'm not well versed in Judge Dredd, but I think there's a drug or some treatment that keeps the Judges young.

But PsyJudges such as Judge Anderson aren't allowed to take said drugs. So you actually see her age until she reaches her fifties while Judge Dredd and the other Judges remain young looking and ever ready for duty.

That's what I learned when reading up on Anderson online as I found her interesting in that crossover with the Martians from Mars Attacks.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just hope its gets released at this point, i have a bad feeling that its gonna be canceled. Especially if they cant even get it out on or before alien day.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2017, 11:30:26 PM

He's in his 70's now and getting on, though a recent issue had him undergo a rejuve to smooth over some of the cracks in Ol Stonyface.

gantarat

This is not canon,right ?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: gantarat on Mar 20, 2017, 11:17:45 AM
This is not canon,right ?

Not to the mainstream Alien/Predator canon, no..

But it is canon to the mainstream 2000AD Judge Dredd canon. So, Aliens and Predators DO canonically exist in the Dredd universe... Think of them as legit, AU versions of the creatures we know. That might be the case. It's kind of like King Kong existing in the Toho Showa-era Godzilla universe.

Ultramorph

Got around to properly reading issue #3, and I have to say it felt really rushed.
Spoiler
Moonryham is still killing it on art, but the PredAlien was dispatched way too fast. The series could have used an extra issue to flesh things out. That, of course, is assuming the last issue ever actually comes out. It would be a shame if this series never got completed. The Kenner xenos at the end were cool, here's hoping they actually get an issue to shine.
[close]

happypred

One gripe is the series seems to lack a "regular" xenomorph, i.e. a humalien gestated inside a human host

EDIT: Still May 3...let's keep an eye on this: https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/27-556/Predator-vs-Judge-Dredd-vs-Aliens-4

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed