Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 30, 2015, 08:32:14 AM

Author
Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue (Read 2,786 times)

windebieste

This looks great!  So glad they're using the Fox binomial for this item rather than the tired and largely overused 'xenomorph' moniker which was intended to be a generic descriptor for 'species of extraterrestrial origin'. 

Can't wait to see more of this one!

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

I'm old-fashioned,i prefer it's original descriptive title-The Alien.Simple,direct and nothing too fancy!

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 30, 2015, 09:56:43 AM
I'm old-fashioned,i prefer it's original descriptive title-The Alien.Simple,direct and nothing too fancy!
As am I. Unfortunately that seems to be the only revealing thing about this at this time.

I don't mean to sound disinterested, but I am. Another over-priced Alien statue from Sideshow which seems to be in the pose seen in the Palisades Alien Special Edition bust...
https://www.google.com/search?q=palisades+alien+mini+bust&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjpwJKe85PKAhUBgBoKHVSYCTYQ_AUICCgC&biw=1360&bih=608

Corporal Hicks

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/sideshow-presents-the-alien-internecivus-raptus-statue-its-time-for-a-bug-hunt/

QuoteFeaturing one of the most iconic alien species ever to grace the big screen, Sideshow is proud to present the Alien: Internecivus raptus Statue.

Translated from Latin as 'murderous thief,' Internecivus raptus is one of the few official names recorded for the xenomorph species moviegoers have come to recognize most famously as 'Aliens.'

Faithfully rendered with H.R. Giger's visionary bio-industrial aesthetic, the specimen is suspended in an elegant pose – its structural perfection matched only by its hostility.

Digitally sculpted, and engineered using an advanced combination of high quality materials, including polystone resin and multiple durometer plastics, the Sideshow development team has been able to achieve an extraordinary pose and incredible fine detail, elevating the final presentation to a whole new level.

Solemnly ascending from a surreal monochromatic chamber, with limbs crossed and barbed tail coiled in an exquisite spiral around its lithe body, Sideshow's Alien: Internecivus raptus Statue is a definitive tribute for Alien fans and science fiction collectors.

Artist Credits

Amilcar Fong (Design)
Zac Roane (Design)
Matt Black (Design, Sculpt)
Adam Smith (Mold & Cast)
Steve Roijas (Paint)
Anthony Mestas (Paint)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team

The Alien: Internecivus raptus Statue will be priced at $449.99, with optional payment plans available. Pre-orders begin this Thursday, January 14th. It's time for another bug hunt.

windebieste

Wow... I love how they have achieved the illusion of it just hovering there, like some menacing Angel of Darkness. 

-Windebieste

Elmazalman

Probably inspired by the deleted 'crucifix' scene.Nice but over-priced.There's an apple for scale in one image but any info on the exact size of this piece?

PRJ_since1990

Annnnd still not interested lol.

Born Of Cold Light

Very well-put together, but I can't help but think that this looks like a scene from Alien: Trust Fall.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Beautiful. Good job I must say. Graceful and Gigerish, haunting and artistic.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

And people wonder why I got so fussy over the alien having the dino-legs in Isolation.

Look at that, it looks like some kind of a monster-dancer. A biomechanoid ballerina of death.

Thanatos ZHE

That is truly beautiful [emoji7]

Time to get saving.

Whiskeybrewer

That full view just makes me want it. I just have no space anywhere to put it lol

Vark_

Vark_

This is quite a piece, but just a super-improved version of the Palisades Special Edition mini-bust that was for sale some years ago.
An aesthetic statue no doubt, the posture has somewhat sexy and the sculpt / paint look fantastic, but contrary to the Diorama or Maquette series they released in the past, nothing in this one that can be seen (or imagined being put) on the screen. It looks cool and Gigeresque, but... that's just another pricey fantasy add in the market (like the HotToys alien girl), and that's why I'm not gonna buy it.

Their Space Jockey is much much worth buying, considering.

Corporal Hicks

http://news.toyark.com/2016/01/29/behind-scenes-sideshow-alien-internecivus-raptus-statue-189830

A look at some earlier concepts for the statue. That base seemed more phallic at one point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed