Need serious help with this game (stuck on same level since last december!)

Started by MrLee, May 30, 2015, 12:17:08 PM

Author
Need serious help with this game (stuck on same level since last december!) (Read 1,201 times)

MrLee

Guys. A time comes when an Alien fan and gamer needs the help of his community.

Alien Isolation is one awesome game. Unfortunately ive been stuck on the same area for so long, its like a purgatory of "what could be". I wanna experience the game but for some insane reason i just cannot get past one part.

In the medical Station (yes, that early on in the game). You do the coolent swapping bit, then you go through a vent where you need to to go watch that video transmission on the computer. When i first arrived i ran my ass off in the darkness as the lights switched on straight to the save point. Saved the game. Literally. To go from there to watch the video, then go back to the same spot, to open the case with the keycard. I just cant do it! Everytime i watch the video, no matter where i sneak, what i do. The alien finds me and kills me. Its relentless! I played it on medium, i switched it to easy after being stuck for some time and still canot best the bastard. I also have not found the blue print for the noiser maker which is annoying.

Advice?!?!

Samhain13

Even on nightmare, walking while crouching, not moving if the alien is too close and hiding in places have been enough for me to beat the game.
Just don't make noises and the alien might not even appear most of the time on easy.

Engineer

It's a tough game... The part you're at is particularly tough. It doesn't get easier, but you start to learn the game mechanics and start getting better equipment after that part. But the best advice I have is: be too stubborn to quit...

Randomizer

The alien can be tough as nails sometimes, but :

1) Take your time
  2) Try running through that part. If you're killed, try walking through that part again(while crouching and being 100% careful, that's how I beat the game)
  3) Hide, follow the alien. Be the hunter this time. Look for his searching patterns.
  4) If it sees you, run around a corner and hide in a dark hallway. He'll pass by and you can go back(chances are 50-50 for this one)

...and you should be ok. If you're still stuck, take some time, play other games, then come back and play it again.

Jarac

Played it on Hard, but the mechanics are pretty much the same anywhere:

1. Crouch and move slowly
2. Pay attention to your radar
3. Duck into rooms or the lockers when you think it's coming

You have to be very patient on this part, very cautious. Especially since it's co close-quartered. Just remember to go slowly, and fast walking/running should only ever be your LAST resort.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Randomizer on May 31, 2015, 08:57:37 AM
3) Hide, follow the alien. Be the hunter this time. Look for his searching patterns.

The alien has no pattern.

Randomizer

Sometimes it felt like it. I don't know, it seems to go more often in some rooms than others.

Engineer

Quote from: Randomizer on May 31, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
Sometimes it felt like it. I don't know, it seems to go more often in some rooms than others.
Everyone has/had different experiences I guess! :-)

There were times when it did seem like it did have a pattern, but then it would do something completely random and catch me off guard! Lol. With that in mind, expect anything, and don't put too much faith in a pattern. Pay closer attention to its behavior. It gives off visual and audio ques for its state of awareness. If it's trudging around and making a lot of noise, you're probably ok in terms of the alien being unaware of where you are. But if it suddenly gets really quite, or stops and starts looking around from a stand-still position, be VERY careful; it knows you're nearby. If it gives out a high pitched hiss sound, like compressed air leaking from a hose, you're probably going to die in the next 3 to 5 seconds unless you can react quickly and quietly enough (I.e., noise maker, flare, move to a new hiding spot). If it roars, you're dead for sure unless you have a Molotov or flamethrower at the ready...

Corporal Hicks

As the others have said, you just need to really take your time. Be patient, very mindful of your tracker and your whereabouts. Know where you hiding options are in your room and don't be scared to wait for it to go.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: MrLee on May 30, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
Guys. A time comes when an Alien fan and gamer needs the help of his community.

Alien Isolation is one awesome game. Unfortunately ive been stuck on the same area for so long, its like a purgatory of "what could be". I wanna experience the game but for some insane reason i just cannot get past one part.

In the medical Station (yes, that early on in the game). You do the coolent swapping bit, then you go through a vent where you need to to go watch that video transmission on the computer. When i first arrived i ran my ass off in the darkness as the lights switched on straight to the save point. Saved the game. Literally. To go from there to watch the video, then go back to the same spot, to open the case with the keycard. I just cant do it! Everytime i watch the video, no matter where i sneak, what i do. The alien finds me and kills me. Its relentless! I played it on medium, i switched it to easy after being stuck for some time and still canot best the bastard. I also have not found the blue print for the noiser maker which is annoying.

Advice?!?!
Its a likely a glitch try restarting the level and what platform are you playing on?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed