Pics and pieces.

Started by Everlasting Undead, Mar 17, 2015, 12:16:18 AM

Author
Pics and pieces. (Read 4,109 times)

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

Messing around with bits and pieces... I have the inability to focus on one particular thing at the same time. I think I'll do something with it all one day...

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

It's been a while, thought I'd throw something back out there into the mix. Starting on a few composition pieces using scenes from different stories & ideas I've got running around in my brain.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That synthetic has a really creepy facial effect! Was that intentional? Even if it isn't you should try and emphasize that!

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2015, 07:41:44 AM
That synthetic has a really creepy facial effect! Was that intentional? Even if it isn't you should try and emphasize that!

Yeah, played for intentionally. Like an advanced model of the Working Joes, these synthetics are the most basic of units - fixed, emotionless expressions, with not much need for verbal interaction. A face-plate, I was going for an opaque setting but at this distance and lighting rig, it's not working out too well at the moment. Needs tweeks, but I was going for creepy/ uncomfortable.

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

It's the hive I'm having more problems with than anything else... that being said, considering it gets so damn dark in there, I don't suppose details are too important.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Aug 13, 2015, 07:55:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2015, 07:41:44 AM

Yeah, played for intentionally. Like an advanced model of the Working Joes, these synthetics are the most basic of units - fixed, emotionless expressions, with not much need for verbal interaction. A face-plate, I was going for an opaque setting but at this distance and lighting rig, it's not working out too well at the moment. Needs tweeks, but I was going for creepy/ uncomfortable.

Well it definitely works well! I really think you should keep on that!

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Aug 21, 2015, 04:48:40 PM
It's the hive I'm having more problems with than anything else... that being said, considering it gets so damn dark in there, I don't suppose details are too important.

Suppose it depends on how you try to light it. What problem are you having?

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

Thought I'd hit back after a while with a couple of pics I worked on, threw them out on Facebooks at one point: Took my love for Aliens, mixed it with my love for the original Dooms, and came up with a couple of homages to the great game.

Jeri

Jeri

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Oct 18, 2016, 08:26:54 PM
Thought I'd hit back after a while with a couple of pics I worked on, threw them out on Facebooks at one point: Took my love for Aliens, mixed it with my love for the original Dooms, and came up with a couple of homages to the great game.

Lol Doom guy stance, glad I found this thread; interesting...

Keep up the work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed