What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3?

Started by marrerom, Feb 23, 2015, 04:01:17 AM

Author
What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3? (Read 15,590 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Jun 07, 2016, 12:24:11 PM
Still he managed to show how dangerous both species are as weel as their advanteges and weaknesses while facing one another. With better script he can do so much more.

Considering he wrote the script, no.

Paul Anderson showed promise early in his career, but by the time of AVP he was turning out some really derivative and uninspired stuff. He used slow motion and "stylistic" editing way way too much.

There are too many moments in both of the AVP films that just come off as silly, primarily because of the way they are shot and edited.

Realistic choices for a director... At this point? Nobody. This franchise, i'm sorry to say, is pretty much dead right now.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Anyone is possible because Ridley Scott and Shane Black are directing Alien 8 and Predator 6. These are men who can direct anything they want and get any actor they choose, they've directed Best Picture nominees and billion dollar grossers. But no, they're coming back to our broken down, in-need-of-repair monster franchises.

That's what these franchises have always needed. Not "new blood", but experienced blood! Go back to every Paul W. S. Anderson review. All that man cared about was guns, slime and action. We need story, character and subtext at the forefront.

genocyber

If AVP3 was made today, my top director I would pick would be Justin Lin with Guilmero Del Toro as the producer.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 27, 2016, 01:24:26 AM
Anyone is possible because Ridley Scott and Shane Black are directing Alien 8 and Predator 6. These are men who can direct anything they want and get any actor they choose, they've directed Best Picture nominees and billion dollar grossers. But no, they're coming back to our broken down, in-need-of-repair monster franchises.

That's the Alien and the Predator franchises as separate entities. The AVP franchise, nobody of any caliber would want to touch at this point.

Kaltes

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 30, 2016, 01:39:20 AM
The AVP franchise, nobody of any caliber would want to touch at this point.

Even if it was rebooted and they were given a sizable budget? Shame.

Scorpio

Direct to digital is the only way a new AVP will get made.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

georgeromero

Perhaps a reboot of some sorts could fix it. Judge Dredd vs Dredd kinda thing. Too bad Dredd can't "back me up" on this because of box office failure.

Infected

The problem is when you put these franchises together you automatically think it needs action and guns,
but the origin of Alien is survival horror the origin of Predator is action and suspense.
I think the best option that will work is wright purely an Alien movie, with its characters etc
then start putting in a predator or predators put the focus on the alien development and mystery and just add a predator that undermines the situation at some points and works on its own agenda to get what he or they wants.
AVP focussed too much on three parties humans, aliens and predators.
The humans in AVP:R had the leading role but nobody cared about them lets be honest, the aliens where the bad guys but never gave me the feeling they where so bad and evil, just some cannon fodder and then the predator hunter Wolff although cool looking,
at moments the movie gave me the feeling he was the leading role so it switched a lot to who is the hero who is who, who do i care for and in the end its WTF am i watchin here Bert??
And AVP was better to watch but still Anderson had no balls and feel for the predator and he lacked the passion for the alien universe so we ended up with another Resident Evil movie type, not bad to watch but not in place whatsoever.
And somebody said they should use the people from the Underworld series, if you do that you will get one big shit hole of a movie,
the Underworld series is weak in every way they are even beneath Anderson, sorry for the hating but wake up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed