Not Many People Finished Alien: Isolation

Started by HuDaFuK, Jan 28, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

Author
Not Many People Finished Alien: Isolation (Read 16,419 times)

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 28, 2015, 10:31:45 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jan 28, 2015, 10:13:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 28, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
Russ, I'm 43 and a casual gamer like you (a couple hours every other night MAX). I beat Isolation on Easy mode and didn't die too often, but was scared the entire time. Perfect 'Alien' experience, in my opinion.

Now replaying on Hard, and I'm actually shouting in fear sometimes.  :D

Play in hard mode, Clemens. It will scare your pants off. I replayed on normal to get the achievement where you don't kill any humans, but strangely didn't get it. Anyway, the game still scared me at times, even on a replay.

Yep, I'm into hard mode now. Quite the eye-opener when you discover that in Hard mode, the Alien will come into the air shafts to find you!  :o

He did it to me on normal. Not sure if he does it randomly or on certain difficulty modes. Either way, scary.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I think a part may be because the game recommends playing on hard mode.

I love the game and I did beat it on hard, but that's one thing they shouldn't have done. I started on normal, and that's what I recommend for all games in general.

PRJ_since1990

Can proudly say I finished the game on Xbone on Hard mode for the 1st playthrough. Haven't started the second yet due to other games and activities taking up spare time. I will say this: I grabbed the game on release day (along with the Xbox, as I have routinely done when a new Alien/Predator game has come out, it's time to upgrade) and I did not finish the game until December. Granted, I played sporadically, a few hours here and there, even 20 minute increments when home on lunch break. But it was tough and fun and scary and the best Alien game that has ever come out, hands down. 10/10.

Although the number doesn't surprise me, since I'm sure most of those who did not finish the game are your typical filthy casual  ;D

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 28, 2015, 11:29:57 PM
shouldn't of

'Shouldn't have', Crazy Rich... 'shouldn't have'.

Crazy Rich

Shush.

newbeing

If you're looking at the global Steam Achievements the percentage of people that got the last story achievement is 17.4%.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 28, 2015, 11:29:57 PMI think a part may be because the game recommends playing on hard mode.

But surely people have the capacity to make up their own mind about what setting to play on? Or, more to the point, if it is too hard, switch down? (Can't you do that during gameplay, if I remember right?)

I beat it on hard first time out, but then I've played a fair few games in my time. It was challenging, and in particular the first real encounter with the Alien gave me some grief, but it was never too difficult. I can only remember two places where I got stuck for any length of time.

Russ

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 28, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
Russ, I'm 43 and a casual gamer like you (a couple hours every other night MAX). I beat Isolation on Easy mode and didn't die too often, but was scared the entire time. Perfect 'Alien' experience, in my opinion.

Now replaying on Hard, and I'm actually shouting in fear sometimes.  :D

I will give it a go, I'm nearly done with this book (this f**king book I should say, it's been an epic fail in terms of deadline) and I'll pick it up as part of some downtime

Thanks, man :-)

vikingr

After finishing the game on normal, it felt very easy on hard. I think I'll play it on nightmare a 3rd time.

scm

I havent finished it yet, about halfway through. I'm not really surprised because its just rather repetitive and boring in general. I have no problem with harder games, I usually start each game on the heardest setting, so its not that. Great looking game though and I like Amanada

Randomizer

All I've got is like 2 missions left . As I'm playing on Normal so I guess that's why the Alien hasn't heard me so well .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: scm on Jan 31, 2015, 03:25:30 AM
I havent finished it yet, about halfway through. I'm not really surprised because its just rather repetitive and boring in general. I have no problem with harder games, I usually start each game on the heardest setting, so its not that. Great looking game though and I like Amanada

Can't agree with you at all there. The feel of the game was so fantastic I didn't want it to end.

Crazy Rich

Have to agree with Hicks there. Though for me it was the fan part of me that wanted it to not end, but at the same time the survivor part of me did want it to end because I was immersed enough that I just wanted to finally escape Sevastopol and not have to face the alien anymore.

I love this game.

vikingr

I felt like CrazyRich. Wanted to see more and more and at the same time I wanted to escape the nightmare as soon as possible :D

Excellenf thrill and probably CA wanted the gamers to feel.

The Cruentus

Hmm I am not sure how reviews could have put people off, with the exception of IGN (which was controversial), the game has had positive reviews.
This BS about repetition is nonsense (in my opinion), the only thing that can be repetive is your actions, which you're in control of, I never did the same thing when encountering threats but if one is going to hide in lockers ALL the time then of course its going to seem repetive, the Alien AI is not either, the thing is cunning as hell, one time I "successfully" hid from it and it went away, turned out it was simply standing still outside the door waiting for me, son of the b**** was screwing with me  :laugh: As the for the game length, its not really long in my opinion, I loved it and was worth the money......unlike A:CM which I completed in a few hours on ultimate badass.

I am currently replaying it again now, a tip guys... if you are using Kinect, keep your mouth shut, your voice is transfered in game and so it can alert enemies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed