The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 237,358 times)

Corporal Hicks

My review copy should have shipped today or will be shipped tomorrow.

Ultramorph

Tuesday can't come soon enough! I haven't found any advance reviews yet, which I guess is good. Wouldn't want the ending spoiled.

The Alien Predator

Corporal Hicks

Picked up my review copy last night. Read about 120 pages or so and am enjoying. Same tone and feeling as all the others as expected. They introduced a question which stopped me from going to bed but I've not got the answer yet.

hawkangel

Glad this trilogy is over,  tbh. I've tried reading the first book a couple of times and couldn't get into it.  That's not a reflection on the writer,  just not my thing.  Ah well... Each to their own.  Looking forward to Bug Hunt.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2016, 07:22:19 AM
Picked up my review copy last night. Read about 120 pages or so and am enjoying. Same tone and feeling as all the others as expected. They introduced a question which stopped me from going to bed but I've not got the answer yet.

What's the question?  :P

Ultramorph

Thumbing though, saw something about
Spoiler
"the will of the Drukathi." Have the dog-aliens finally been given a name?
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 27, 2016, 06:52:09 PM
Spoiler
[close]

*Spasming*

*Spasms intensify*

*Eye twitch*

OMG.............

YES....................

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS......................

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Thumbing around the 135 page mark
Spoiler
the Drukathi have a long history with the Predators, but have "moved on" to another galaxy.
[close]

Also, I read how the book ends. I won't put that, not even in spoiler tags.  ;)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2016, 03:29:24 AM
Spoiler
the Drukathi have a long history with the Predators, but have "moved on" to another galaxy.
[close]

Also, I read how the book ends. I won't put that, not even in spoiler tags.  ;)

I just revived a very old topic of mine about other alien races, to talk about "them."  :P

I can't wait to get the freakin' book! Hurry up Amazon!  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2016, 03:29:24 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Precisely in what way?

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I don't believe so. They're some other kind of race, responsible for the creation (and maybe the control) of the Faze. I suspect they be the Jockeys.
[close]

About 230 pages in now.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2016, 08:39:36 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I don't believe so. They're some other kind of race, responsible for the creation (and maybe the control) of the Faze. I suspect they be the Jockeys.
[close]

About 230 pages in now.

I'm actually starting to think the same thing.

Ultramorph

Yeah
Spoiler
I think the implication is that the Engineers are behind the whole thing to keep humans from getting too advanced.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Ultramorph and Hicks...

Spoiler
What if the Engineers did this to the Dog-Aliens? Notice how on LV-178 and Midsummer, the place was crawling with Aliens? I mean, if the Dog-Aliens were the "Drukathi", then they'd pretty much be way too powerful to just simply be destroyed by Aliens.

I mean, in Fire and Stone, a single Engineer decimates an ass load of aliens and makes mountains out of their body piles.

One thing I find odd is that Yautja knew of the Drukathi but not the Engineers, maybe this does go to that theory of them not being the same thing. The Dog-Aliens in LV-178 did not come off as some hyper-advanced fearful race, but merely a panicked race trying to desperately deal with a catastrophe. Maybe the "Faze" is what the Jockeys "let" the Dog-Aliens discover... because see how there's no Faze on LV-178?

The Dog-Aliens were becoming too advanced, and so they were decimated from within.

But what puzzles me, is that Elder Kalakta says that maybe it's NOT the Rage who the Drukathi consider too advanced, could he be talking of us? Or of Yautja themselves? Kalakta also mentioned Yautja never saw a reason to go after them, and yet Ahab hunted Engineers. Maybe by "after them" he meant war. Or maybe Engineers are a different thing to the Jockeys.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed