The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 233,395 times)

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure he was asked about it here in the Ask Steve Perry thread.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2015, 08:40:49 AM
I think you've clutching at straws here. There was nothing in his post that indicated that's what he believed. He specifically said not to read into anything about the multiverse. I know you want it, Rakai, but it's not something they seem to be officially or canonically putting in there.

I was specifically talking about Batman and how he more or less referred to the interpretations of the Predators and how he calls the interpretations/continuities separate universes. And I've already expressed my disappointment, no need to crush a man's dreams any further, man!  :'( :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough. Didn't realise you were referring to Batman.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 24, 2015, 03:01:25 AM
I know that Perry's Yautja also had acute senses.. Such as being able to pick up smells that human olfactory senses weren't able to pick up, being able to hear things more acutely... Do Lebbon's "Yautja" have such senses which they use on the Hunt?

Not much was explored on their other senses.

But their sense of sight, from what you see on the films you would assume it's not as acute. In the book however, Yautja are able to see small details you'd think they would easily miss.

Like Kalakta knew that Harrigan had "dark skin", despite in the film Harrigan shown bright red like any other human.

And Hashori was able to notice
Spoiler
Lilliya's blood wasn't as "thick" while she was torturing her. She was able to tell human and Synthetic blood apart.
[close]

But the main thing that's explored is their intelligence. Out of all the Predators in the eu, these must be the brainiest hunters. They build and modify their own ships individually, clans build the same tech independently without trading or sharing knowledge, technology actually progresses "incredibly quickly" AND they are too stubborn to let humans beat them at certain things like cloaking so they improve very quickly, almost a week later your "top gear" is now obsolete by new and improved Yautja tech.

And I forgot to mention something, do you remember the Disc Master in AvP Extinction? The upgrade gives you a "Nanovibronic Edge" for your disk, remember?

Funny thing is... Lebbon's Yautja use "Nanovibronic Blades". Now, I searched up the word and lots of Predator results pop up... interesting. Maybe Lebbon stumbled upon the word during his research and figured it sounded sexy so he adopted it?  ;D

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2015, 08:42:18 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 23, 2015, 05:12:31 PMThe Xenopedia wiki uses the abhorrent "e-wat-ya"... where they got that from, I have no idea.

Supposedly Steve Perry clarified that as the correct pronunciation in an interview.

Really?  ??? I checked the "Ask Steve Perry" thread and he specifically said "Ya-oot-cha".

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 24, 2015, 05:31:47 AM
Stradley stuck more with the films, and the term Yautja did not originate in the original comics. Stradley did not name the Predator race either, as the narrative was more from a third person point of view. Steve Perry pretty much came up with the Yautja concept. So... that credit does go to Perry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the term originated in the Aliens Vs. Predator comic.  I don't recall it in the films.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 24, 2015, 04:31:09 PM
Stradley stuck more with the films, and the term Yautja did not originate in the original comics. Stradley did not name the Predator race either, as the narrative was more from a third person point of view. Steve Perry pretty much came up with the Yautja concept. So... that credit does go to Perry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the term originated in the Aliens Vs. Predator comic.  I don't recall it in the films.
The term Yautja originated in the Perry novel, not the comic. It's not used in the films (although it is used for the film merchandise).

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2015, 04:33:58 PM

The term Yautja originated in the Perry novel, not the comic. It's not used in the films (although it is used for the film merchandise).

Really?  It's been ages since I read those.  I was sure it was in the comics.  Got to recheck...

Xenomrph

Nope, it's definitely from the Perry novel, it's not in the original comic. :)
In fact I don't think the term Yautja has been used in *any* comic.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2015, 05:26:44 PM
Nope, it's definitely from the Perry novel, it's not in the original comic. :)
In fact I don't think the term Yautja has been used in *any* comic.

I remember seeing a scan online of a comic, I think it was Three World War, it had the Killer Clan in it. Machiko Noguchi was telling a marine leader how the Hunters won't see him as a leader. In one of the scans, if I remember correctly, she said "Yautja". I may be wrong but I really think that's probably the only comic that used the term.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 24, 2015, 06:22:46 PM
I remember seeing a scan online of a comic, I think it was Three World War, it had the Killer Clan in it. Machiko Noguchi was telling a marine leader how the Hunters won't see him as a leader. In one of the scans, if I remember correctly, she said "Yautja". I may be wrong but I really think that's probably the only comic that used the term.

I don't recall the comic using the term Yautja. Not sure if you're refering to the individually collected issues or the trade edition but.. I don't ever recall it using those words. Infact... I've got my comic box in front of me.. Maybe I should look for you.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 24, 2015, 04:36:39 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2015, 04:33:58 PM

Really?  It's been ages since I read those.  I was sure it was in the comics.  Got to recheck...

100% originates from the novels.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 24, 2015, 06:59:00 PM

I don't recall the comic using the term Yautja. Not sure if you're refering to the individually collected issues or the trade edition but.. I don't ever recall it using those words. Infact... I've got my comic box in front of me.. Maybe I should look for you.

Please do. I can't remember that too.

The Alien Predator

I just found the scan and she said "Hunters". I misremembered. I apologize.    :)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 24, 2015, 06:59:00 PM

Sorry Rakai.  I stand corrected and it looks like Yautja did not come from the comics.  I'm getting old I think.  I wish I could use your time machine and undo my Randy Stradley Yautja post.   :-[

Xenomrph

Hey it's okay, you acknowledged that you were wrong and learned something new. That's what's important, right? :)

Perfect-Organism

I don't know that any of this is truly "important" but I have no interest in being right all the time.  Its all in fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed