Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Nov 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Author
Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley? (Read 26,211 times)

Ironb4lls

I'm leaning more towards the "not preggers" camp. I've seen people killed by those aliens you're talking about - in the wrecked subway car, right? And besides the unhatched egg waiting for you when you first wake up, the facehuggers continue to try to mouth-rape you as you make your way back to the terminal.

It does seem a little ambiguous though, and could make for some interesting story angles. Maybe the company removes the embryo from her, which goes about as well as we've been trained to expect, and the fun resumes with Amanda spending the first part of the game running around all stitched up like Noomi Rapace.

PsyKore

She wasn't impregnated.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect to really hear anything but I wouldn't argue if it was brought up.

Nyarlathotep

It's really a shame that we'll probably never get to sequel to Isolation. If any game deserves one I believe that it does.

HuDaFuK

This is why obvious cliffhanger endings really piss me off in games.

windebieste

It's perfectly fine when it's planned into a sequel.  It's one of the game's weak points - Amanda is just left hanging there in space and a light suddenly shines on her.  Presumably, she's rescued.  If no sequel is planned, then why not just spell it out fully instead of hinting at it?  Complete the story, Goddammit!  The ending of this game was its only real let down for me.

By the way, I'm still waiting to find out if that Pred ship caught up with the Verloc and find out what happened next.  Especially considering 'AvP2' did have a follow up game - not a sequel, mind you - a follow up game.   

Wouldn't it have been appropriate for 'AvP 2010' to be a sequel to 'AvP2' and show those events unfold?  er, no.  Apparently, a reboot was needed. 

So if the sequels aren't going to happen, I wish developers would quit with the 'clever' endings and make the story finishes properly with a responsibility to deliver a satisfying conclusion.

Then again, I guess "We got everything!"

Sheesh. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 10, 2017, 10:50:56 AMThen again, I guess "We got everything!"

:laugh: I was literally thinking of that as I wrote my previous post.

Simply stopping in the middle of a scene is the absolute worst kind of "cliffhanger" ending. At least Isolation wasn't that bad.

OpenMaw

To be honest I can't really see a better denouement anyway. We know Amanda's final ending anyway. It's somewhat a bitter sweet ending. Get's married, never has kids, dies never reuniting with her mother.

What would the final scene have been? Amanda on a ship, getting checked out and patched up, and then she looks out a window into a starfield that looks like that one from the beginning of Aliens? I mean...

Nyarlathotep

That's assuming that Burke told Ripley the truth. He did work for the company after all.

OpenMaw

He had no reason to lie to her about it at that time.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 11, 2017, 01:15:29 AMHe had no reason to lie to her about it at that time.

He daughter being dead gave her no reason to stay where she was.

If she was alive she almost certainly would've stuck around to try and rekindle their relationship.

Russ840

I am hoping we get a sequel I'm the form of an original graphic novel. Tristan Jones has said he is going to be working on, as some of you know, a new aliens project for DH and said it was less plural. He has expressed interest in following up isolation before, also.  So having him create a sequel would be good enough for me.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 10, 2016, 11:19:28 AM
It's strongly hinted that Amanda Ripley was impregnated.  Playing the game again, I noticed that she encounters 2 drones after she wakes up in the hive.  The drones see Ripley but don't attack which leads me to believe she was impregnated (like the famous scene in Alien 3). 

That could be an idea for a sequel if they ever make one.

Actually its not and even someone from CA mentioned something about this, besides facehuggers still attack you. I recently replayed Isolation and I don't remember encountering drones that don't attack you, two drones do appear but they don't notice Ripley, they look around and then disappear.

Unless you are talking about the space walk part which I don't think counts since they do move towards you and it seems scripted.

Just a friendly Xenomorph

Despite how many times I died, I'd pay a lot of money for that game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed