What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 588,086 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Was planning to buy an Xbox One this year but as my PC needs to retire I'm sparing for a new one. As next year starts I should be ready and going for the console.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The job which my Mom applied for at a bank turns out doesn't pay enough for us to be covered in order to get an apartment. So I'm disappointed today and just feel let down. Mom happens to be the main bread winner since she tends to make more money, and I'm looking for work too but.. seems as if everytime we get closer, we take several steps back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm on my own today and its a Friday. So it'll either be manic as f**k and something goes wrong. Or slow and boring and I've got no-one to talk to.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Every time someone calls me by the other chaps name.  >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thought I'd sneak in a hair cut before I went today. 30 minutes later and I'm still 2 guys behind. I wanted to leave at 10 xD

THE CITY HUNTER

Cant bloody complete the level invasion n avp 1999

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on May 24, 2015, 12:48:22 PM
Cant bloody complete the level invasion n avp 1999

How come?

So Saturday was MCM Comic Con London day. What a f**king shit day that was. The Mrs was really ill but we were going primarily for her - it was just lucky that Dark Ages was premiering that day. So I thought I could sneak in a hair cut before we went (I've been booked solid on Saturdays for the past month and the next coming month and was sick of looking like a scruff) and I ended up waiting an hour, the Mrs hadn't woken up because she was badly and we'd been up most of the night so she was late getting ready too.

So we were an hour later leaving than I'd envisioned. On the way down a stone hit my windscreen and chipped it. When we finally got to Stanmore there were no parking spaces. Thankfully ended up on the drive of a nearby resident.

Eventually made it down there with about half an hour to spare, went to get in the queue for the Mrs' photos. Which queue was which? f**k if we knew. Absolutely no staff organizing the f**king affair. After about half an hour of waiting, the Mrs told me to go (I didn't wanna leave her on her own) and I eventually got to the Dark Ages premiere. Was 5 minutes late and ended up in the very back.

This was the only good part of my day. Was really happy to see the stage packed out. The response was great. The Q&A went amazingly. Had a chat with the boys after the event. Just as the film is finishing my Mrs says she's finally got in and got her photo.

So we head off to collect it. To find a single queue, to a single member of staff, sorting all the photos. We were in that queue for about an hour and barely moved down half the length of the thing. There was about another 45 minutes left of the event. I ended up trying to find somewhere reasonable to eat and ended up coming back with Japanese food that wasn't that great. Felt like undercooked chicken.

Eventually the queue descends into chaos. I ended up sneaking around the other side to the where extra staff were handing out photos (unknown to every f**ker else) and managed to grab my Mrs' and get out. Autographs for the chap she went to see weren't available for the rest of the day. Barely had time to have a quick look around before we had to shoot off.

What a shitty day.

Darkness

Darkness

Did you take any snaps of you and the team?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No. Some snaps with a Predator cosplayer with them though. They were constantly surrounded by folk.

Darkness

Darkness

Ah, yeah, I didn't realise it was down in London. For some bizarre reason, I thought it was in Birmingham.

Did you get any merchandise? They had some cool posters and T-shirts.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah I picked up a t-shirt and a poster. I'll get pics up later - the shirt is the wash.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I need one last card to complete my premiere set of the Aliens Predator CCG. I finally found singles of that card on Monday on eBay. I decided to wait until I got paid later this week before I went buying stuff...and they sold out. sad panda.  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 26, 2015, 05:50:26 PM
Did you take any snaps of you and the team?

I lied - here's my forehead and hair.  :P

Darkness

Darkness

It's like trying to find Where's Wally.

The brunette is pretty.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not sure who she was.

Getting bored of hardware issues and WordPress role editors not working today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed