Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 833,229 times)

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Cherry Falls (2000)
Fun teen slasher
Love me some Brittany Murphy
8/10

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Hey KH, remember our discussion last year? Ready to embark on the quest?

Spoiler
We discussed viewing all Children Of The Corn films, if you could not remember.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 30, 2016, 03:33:22 PM
Hey KH, remember our discussion last year? Ready to embark on the quest?

Spoiler
We discussed viewing all Children Of The Corn films, if you could not remember.
[close]

Not ready for that pain quite yet.  :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Aight, fair enough :P

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Octofear is upon us yet again, so the pouring of horror/scifi films can begin! :)
Since KH is not joining me on the proposed crusade mentioned above, the annual viewing of:

Children Of The Corn (1984)

"The original that started it all."

8.5/10

*For all annual horror/scifi movies this month, I will try not to make big descriptions of them. For new movie viewings, I will try to make it 3 sentences max. ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 03, 2016, 02:18:22 AM
Octofear is upon us yet again, so the pouring of horror/scifi films can begin! :)
Since KH is not joining me on the proposed crusade mentioned above, the annual viewing of:

Children Of The Corn (1984)

"The original that started it all."

8.5/10

*For all annual horror/scifi movies this month, I will try not to make big descriptions of them. For new movie viewings, I will try to make it 3 sentences max. ;)

I keep getting ridiculous amounts of time off from work, so I might try and do this, actually. Depends on if I can get it done between podcast preparation, Epic Film Challenge videos, and various other stuff.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Most excellent! The following films seem so ridiculous that I practically need to watch them. We can always say "Oh yeah I seen that Cotc. I will never get those hours back." Lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bridge of Spies (2015)
A fantastic film, one of the best Spielberg films in recent years. I think a lot of that has to do with the sparky script co-written by the Coen Brothers. There are some great incidental pay-offs. Also while Rylance's performance was good, i dont think it deserved the Oscar in hindsight

The Magnificent Seven (2016)
So much better than i was expecting. It was respectful to all the reiterations that had gone before, while going its own way and surprising me. I know everyone will be talking about Denzel and Pratt in this but a massive shoutout is deserved to Hawke, Saarsgard and D'nofrio, who all put in superb performances

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Blair Witch

Worst movie of the year for me, and one of the worst horror movies I've seen.  Disappointed mostly because Wingard directed one of my favourite movies, The Guest.

Flat, pointless characters,
Too many fake jump scares,
The sound is horrible,
The characters are needlessly irritating,
TOO MANY FAKE JUMP SCARES

It's awful

Captain America: Civil War

So far, the most disappointing movie for me this year.  I couldn't wait for it.  And when I finally got to see it, my reaction was a resounding, meh.

Rewatching it, it doesn't get any better.  Yeah the airport scene is cool, Spider-Man is the highlight of the movie, he steals every scene he's in, and Captain America is still by far and away the most interesting character in the MCU

Crossbones was wasted
Tony Stark is thoroughly unlikeable,
Black Panther is too one note
Hawkeye and Black Widow are pointless,
The build up felt rushed,
I didn't feel the sense of conflict with signing the accords.  The majority of it is Starks fault, so I couldn't get behind his crusade.  Oh, and it is the third movie with Avengers fighting each other. 

Not as bad as Age of Ultron, and not a bad movie in itself, just disappointing

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Horrortober continues with "All Hallow's Eve 2"

This a horror anthology, several horror stories in one movie. I was semi entertained with it, only really liked one of the shorts

5/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Straight Outta Compton - Directors Cut
About 20mins of extra footage here, say only about 5mins really add anything, but still a great movie.

Tremors
What isnt to enjoy about these Motherhumpers

Free State of Jones
A good film, bit too long and I could have cut about 10mins out myself (you'll know when you see it). But Matthew McConaughy put in another Oscar worthy performance.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 05, 2016, 11:19:40 AM
About 20mins of extra footage here, say only about 5mins really add anything, but still a great movie.

Tremors

Free State of Jones
A good film, bit too long and I could have cut about 10mins out myself (you'll know when you see it). But Matthew McConaughy put in another Oscar worthy performance.

Tremors is awesome

I can't wait to see what McConaughy does as The Man in Black in the Dark Tower movie

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Oct 05, 2016, 02:21:50 PM

Tremors

Free State of Jones

Tremors is awesome

I can't wait to see what McConaughy does as The Man in Black in the Dark Tower movie

Same I think he's gonna be great in it :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 05, 2016, 04:35:53 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Oct 05, 2016, 02:21:50 PM

Tremors

Free State of Jones

Tremors is awesome

Same I think he's gonna be great in it :)

He's gonna make sure Roland has TiVO.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Species III - I kinda like this one, mainly for the two hot women and the practical effects.  It's way better than part IV, IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed