Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,700 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Interstellar. It's a hell of a lot better than I remember it being, guess it benefits from repeat viewing. Knowing the story, I was able to go along with it a lot more, when originally I'd spent most of the running time mentally nitpicking (and I'm not a natural nitpicker).
My only serious complaint this time is that Dr Mann's motivation and goal were ill-defined. Other than that, it's just fantastic - such a smart story, affecting performances, timeless production design and effects, by far Zimmer's best score for a long time. It's my new favourite Nolan film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Independence Day. Why oh Why did E4 in the UK show this the day after the 14th anniversary of 9/11

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lethal Weapon

Badass. 8)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Core with Aaron Eckhart
Stop! or my mom will shoot with Sly Stallone
Sundown : The Vampire in Retreat with Bruce Campbell

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Revenge  "The Directors Cut"  3 Stars

This is not my favorite Tony Scott film. Every so often I revisit it. I love listening to Tony Scott's commentary of this...actually I've enjoyed all of his commentary's I've heard. He's so open...tells it like it is.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Heat

THE CITY HUNTER

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Deep Star Six & Leviathan.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last of the Mohicans

The ending alone is pure cinematic gold.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Sinister 2

How I imagine the meeting went when this movie was being made; "Hey guys, remember what made the first Sinister a genuinely creepy movie? Well f**k that and every fan that liked it, lets go the complete opposite direction and possibly kill the already small career of the guy that played Ray from Generation Kill"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, Eric Stolz and Viggo Mortenson. This was a really enjoyable dark film. Mortenson, played a really creepy version of Lucifer and ended perfectly.

The Prophecy 2 with Christopher Walken, Brittany Murphy and Eric Roberts. This is a pointless sequel in my opinion. Sure there was one good plot strand and the interplay between Murphy and Walken was good, but considering how they say angels can be killed in the first one, they pretty much go against it to bring one character back and then they bring another character back which goes against his story just to kill him. May still watch the third one just to see what happens next.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 20, 2015, 12:21:37 PM
The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, Eric Stolz and Viggo Mortenson. This was a really enjoyable dark film. Mortenson, played a really creepy version of Lucifer and ended perfectly.

I have a different version of the Prophacy that was released in Brazil.  It's a better cut than the theatrical version.  The tital of the this version is called God's Army.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Sep 19, 2015, 03:53:49 AM
Now you have to tell me which one you prefer. I'm a DS6 person myself.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 20, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Sep 19, 2015, 03:53:49 AM
Now you have to tell me which one you prefer. I'm a DS6 person myself.

Leviathan if I'm honest.  Ron Cobb's designs and Stan Winston's creations win hands down.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Haha nice. Yeah, Cobb's stuff for the film was beautiful. Ditto Winston's although you'd wish they had a bigger budget and time for the creature effects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed