PlayArts KAI Predator

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 26, 2014, 01:42:14 AM

Author
PlayArts KAI Predator (Read 3,358 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I am surprised no one has covered this on the forum since everyone seems to be covering NECA and Hot Toys Aliens. Well, Squar-Enix has been redesigning hero, villain and warrior characters. At SDCC they had happened to redesigned Batman, and as it seems Batman might not be the only character they have re-designed. Square Enix has released Prototype figures of PREDATOR from the titular 1987 film. There are two variants.. the 1987 classic, and an original design.

Source: http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/24/sdcc-2014-video-game-predator-play-arts-kai-130871

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Nice find! Not sure if I like the original design. Classic looks sharp. What do others think?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Dreadful. Overpriced.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I like the new design, it's creative. I'll pass on the Classic design, I've got enough versions of that as it is.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Personally.. I don't like the original design. Comes off as too much of a Demon Knight or Demon Lord appearance. That look is something more suited to Final Fantasy.. which is ironic considering the parent company is Square-Enix.

The classic design which is awesome in it's own right.. The head just looks bad and the transparent dreadlocks? Mmmm.. Not feeling it. I honestly thought that PlayArts Kai would do better. I think I'll pass up on these.

Bender1988

Bender1988

too expensive,but classic head looks not as it supposed to look,and demon/I meran original design doesnt fit predator charcter/theme-he looks like some rpg game/fantasy character,but cool :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Bender1988 on Sep 22, 2014, 05:06:14 AM
he looks like some rpg game/fantasy character
Considering the company making the figures primarily deals with figures from Final Fantasy and other Japanese video games, this isn't surprising. :P
That's part of why I like it, it's an interesting stylized reinterpretation of the Predator concept from a company that otherwise you'd never expect to make Predator stuff. I can dig that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is it canon?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 22, 2014, 04:01:46 PM
Is it canon?

Pfffft! God, no! Toys aren't canon!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He does have a shoulder mounted canon though if that helps?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

RakaiThwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed