Aliens Continuity Change

Started by Perfect-Organism, Jul 17, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

Author
Aliens Continuity Change (Read 16,706 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 30, 2014, 04:30:59 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 30, 2014, 04:11:17 AM
I don't remember anyone definitively saying anything of the sort.

Mike Richardson said it over at the RedditAMA, he said and I quote: "Basically, we're starting over again."

You sure as hell don't get anymore clear, to the point and blunt as that.
They said they were "starting over" with the DH Press novels too, and then those ended up not contradicting anything and in fact actually referencing prior EU stuff anyway.

Mike Richardson also works for Dark Horse, not for FOX. We'll see if the new stuff actually messes anything up (I doubt it).

SM

SM

Mike Richardson said it over at the RedditAMA, he said and I quote: "Basically, we're starting over."

Interesting.  Unsurprising, but still interesting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2014, 12:59:34 AM
Resurrection already did a pretty good job of that.

But...but...the Big Deletion!  :P

Mike Richardson said it over at the RedditAMA, he said and I quote: "Basically, we're starting over."

Good. I hope they actually try and be consistent here.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't think the EU as it currently stands is anywhere near as inconsistent as some people want to believe.

Vrastal

Vrastal

has there been any news on the comics?

Are they stil l supposed to come out in the next few months?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yes they are, they'll start rolling out over the course of September and October.

Russ

Russ

Hi PO: there's a lively discussion about that article going on over here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=51438.0

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Russ on Oct 06, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
Hi PO: there's a lively discussion about that article going on over here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=51438.0

Thanks Russ, that's great.  Also, here is the link to a Facebook fanpage in support of this idea.  All are invited.

https://www.facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change

Aliens Dude

Aliens Dude

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 18, 2014, 02:39:30 AM
SM, you make valid points.  Naturally, nobody stays up at night thinking about this, but the world was very different 22 years ago.  There was no way to really let Fox know what fans are clamoring for.  It was because of Dark Horse's ideas that AVP comics were created, and it was because of the online demands by the fans that the AVP movies were created.  We the fans now have way more power than before as we are true stakeholders in the franchise.  If enough of us want this, it could happen.  It's not the first time a film series revamped its continuity half way through.  The Halloween franchise did this even before Rob Zombie came on board.

Hicks, Newt, Ripley, and Bishop aren't dead (their signs are real low but they ain't dead ;-) ) because they're just fictional characters in a movie.  I don't believe that most people got over this 22 years ago.  Most people would agree and probably even Fox that it was a bad decision to kill off all the main characters in Alien3.  Basically, the film makers just painted themselves into a corner with no possibility for continuation unless something ridiculous like resurrection happened.  They've been trying to think of something clever to make the franchise work again, but I think they are starting to realize that a great way to save the franchise is to continue where Aliens (the biggest hit) left off.  People were so emotionally invested in those characters.  This sort of approach may actually bring James Cameron back to the Aliens series.  He has expressed how much he was connected to the characters he created.  It's ok to dream of the ultimate Aliens continuation by James Cameron.  Why not?  Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy such a film?

But really, nobody's forcing anybody into anything.  I'm starting a movement because James Cameron's film Aliens had a tremendous impact on me as an industrial designer and it would be worth the effort for me to see him do another installment.  Who's in?

Join www.facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change.  Let Fox know how much we would all love a proper James Cameron sequel to Aliens...

Lmao at thinking corporations listen to fans. Ever heard of Nickelodeon?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Xeno cameo in Avatar II btw

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

It certainly seems that with Neill Blomkamp's recent Aliens related activities, the possibility of a retcon which features Hicks is on the table.  If you are interested in following the Alien 5 development story and the possibility of Hicks or Newt's inclusion in the next ALien 5, please join us at:

www.facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Didn't OmegaZilla already warn you about this?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Yes but that was after I already posted the above.  Sorry about that folks.

From now on I will keep these ideas within this thread.

Anyway, there is now an interesting petition which is apparently supported by Michael Biehn to bring back his classic Hicks character.  I invite people who are in support of the idea to join the petition.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/20th_Century_Fox_studio_Bring_back_M_Biehn_as_Hicks_and_S_Weaver_as_Ripley_to_the_new_Alien_movie/?nIftQib

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Nope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed