Revoltech Alien Queen vs. Neca

Started by kfitch06, Feb 15, 2014, 04:08:24 AM

Author
Revoltech Alien Queen vs. Neca (Read 2,933 times)

kfitch06

kfitch06

Hi, I'm new in these parts but have been a lurker for quite some time and have always been a super fan of the aliens franchise. I'm ecstatic about the Neca aliens (I have the blue and brown warriors, the 1979 Big Chap and the LED facehugger/egg). However, has anyone heard any updates on a Neca queen? I'm dying to get one so she'll be scale with the rest of the hive, but it seems the December plans went out the window. The best alternative I could find is the Revoltech queen, which I just ordered. I understand the main complaint with her is that she could be larger, but will she look totally ridiculous amongst my Neca aliens? (After all, the egg is ridiculously big, but I realize it's more of a novelty item then a scale figure). I'm so impatient and tired of waiting for the Neca queen!

PRJ_since1990

Welcome to the forum!

The Revoltech Queen will be almost the same size as the NECA figures. So they really won't look good unless you're properly scaling for a diorama. Use the queen in the background and the warriors in the foreground and it'll look boss. It's a very nice figure.

kfitch06

kfitch06

Thank you!

Yeah, I've been debating for weeks on whether or not to get her because I'd like them to be size accurate...but truth be told, the Neca queen (should she come along), won't be either. That would be one massive figure and I just don't see it happening. She'll only be slightly larger than the warrior, I'm sure. But I'll buy her too, of course.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: kfitch06 on Feb 16, 2014, 05:02:18 AM
Thank you!

Yeah, I've been debating for weeks on whether or not to get her because I'd like them to be size accurate...but truth be told, the Neca queen (should she come along), won't be either. That would be one massive figure and I just don't see it happening. She'll only be slightly larger than the warrior, I'm sure. But I'll buy her too, of course.
To the contrary, NECA has stated multiple times on their twitter feed that their Queen will be in scale with the normal figures, meaning that she'll be as large to the 7" figures as she would be in the film. Should be a bit larger and much more detailed than the McFarlane version from several years back. They're hoping to get her out Christmas this year!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed