The King Kong Thread

Started by ace3g, Oct 04, 2013, 06:59:45 PM

Author
The King Kong Thread (Read 57,360 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

God no. :-[

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 16, 2014, 04:28:58 PM
http://www.legendary.com/news/skull-island-director-and-lead

TOM HIDDLESTON TO STAR AND JORDAN VOGT-ROBERTS TO DIRECT LEGENDARY ENTERTAINMENT'S SKULL ISLAND

QuoteLegendary announced its plans to make a feature film based on the cinematic origins of King Kong during this year's San Diego Comic Con with an original draft of the script by Max Borenstein. Previous works have touched on the island, but staying on and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions. Universal Pictures will distribute the film on November 4, 2016.

Vogt-Roberts directed and executive produced the Sundance darling THE KINGS OF SUMMER.  He has also directed the pilot and multiple episodes of FX's new series "You're the Worst" and is set to direct METAL GEAR SOLID for Sony. His other credits include directing the pilot of "Cocked" for Amazon Studios and directing and executive producing the concert documentary NICK OFFERMAN: AMERICAN HAM. He is represented by UTA, 3 Arts Entertainment and attorneys Alan Wertheimer and Andy Gawker.

Hiddleston's credits include MIDNIGHT IN PARIS, ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE, and WAR HORSE. He is also known for portraying Thor's nemesis and brother, Loki, in Marvel's THOR, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, and THE AVENGERS. Upcoming projects include Legendary's gothic horror CRIMSON PEAK from director Guillermo del Toro, Ben Wheatley's adaptation of J.G. Ballard's HIGH-RISE and Marc Abraham's Hank Williams biopic I SAW THE LIGHT. He is repped by William Morris Endeavor, Hamilton Hodell and Authentic Management.

Legendary's recent releases include GODZILLA, 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE and the Guillermo del Toro directed PACIFIC RIM as well as the Jackie Robinson biopic 42 and MAN OF STEEL with Warner Bros. In addition to WARCRAFT, highlights from Legendary's upcoming slate include BLACKHAT and CRIMSON PEAK.

kinda sick of Hiddleston tbh

Shasvre

Shasvre

How much have you honestly seen him in except for the Marvel films?

Aspie

Aspie

I'm sick of him because of the many many marvel films. he is forever Loki.

Besides the dude's more of a theater guy

KiramidHead

Apparently three movies equates to "many" in Aspie-speak.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 16, 2014, 07:12:18 PM
I'm sick of him because of the many many marvel films. he is forever Loki.

Besides the dude's more of a theater guy

Sorry but that is the most confused argument I've heard in a while. I also have seen enough of Hiddelston as Loki, but Drama/Theater Actors don't make poor film actors, quite the opposite, they mostly belong to the crème de la crème of the movie world.

... theater actor... srs...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It has been reported that first draft of the script written by Godzilla scribe Max Borenstein is to be re-written by Academy Award nominated screenwriter John Gatins (Flight).

scarhunter92

Excellent news!

ace3g

ace3g

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
News: SKULL ISLAND has been retitled KONG: SKULL ISLAND. Moves from November 4, 2016 to March 10, 2017. Still with Tom Hiddleston.

Nightmare Asylum

Well, guess that means we're getting the big guy. I know it probably isn't in continuity with Jackson's film, which is fine, but I was hoping he wouldn't be in it and that it would deal with a return expedition to the island.

Maybe they'll go the Son of Kong route.

KiramidHead

The marketing guys probably insisted on the change so the audience knows it's Kong related.

Nightmare Asylum

They can plaster it all over the trailers :P

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Someone really needs to change the thread title.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gilfryd on Dec 13, 2014, 09:34:28 AM
Someone really needs to change the thread title.
Nah, let it be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed