SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred

Started by ShadowPred, Dec 02, 2012, 01:31:18 AM

Author
SANCTIONED: An Original Web-Comic by ShadowPred (Read 16,939 times)

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2013, 03:11:40 AM
Sweeps has a new job in a salon, Aspie, you should go pay a visit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fZtW9Niic

Cvalda

You know you would.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 15, 2013, 03:14:04 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2013, 03:11:40 AM
Sweeps has a new job in a salon, Aspie, you should go pay a visit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fZtW9Niic

Yeah, but what's below that frame.

ShadowPred

Spoiler

[close]

Well, here you go, issue 2 is finally here after a long wait, hopefully it was worth it for those of you that were legitimately waiting for this. I assure you guys that I'll be working on this on a regular basis, so no more waiting for months at a time for the next issue to come out, the 3rd one will appear much faster than this one did.

KNIGHT

Really liked it. The fire guy (Who I'm assuming will be a villain to some extent?) was really well done.

One thing I would change, though, is perhaps changing the text and speech bubbles a bit. Some times the text was to small to be read easily, and the speech bubbles seemed a bit pixelated an blocky in comparison to the rest of the comic's art, which was slightly distracting.

Overall, though, it was some good work. Interested to see where this story takes us.

ShadowPred

Quote from: KNIGHT on Apr 15, 2013, 05:44:06 PM
Really liked it. The fire guy (Who I'm assuming will be a villain to some extent?) was really well done.

One thing I would change, though, is perhaps changing the text and speech bubbles a bit. Some times the text was to small to be read easily, and the speech bubbles seemed a bit pixelated an blocky in comparison to the rest of the comic's art, which was slightly distracting.

Overall, though, it was some good work. Interested to see where this story takes us.

Yep, the speech bubbles for sure are gonna change, I figured out a way to make them look legit, but I was already too far in with the bubbles in Issue 2 that going back would have taken too much time. It's for sure going to get fixed next issue.

Vickers

This issue was action packed, beautifully illustrated and introduced a mysterious villain that I hope we find out more about. Although it remains to be seen if he was just taken over by this transformation or if he was still fully in control once he transformed.

I'm probably the only person who is not a fan of the cover but take that with a grain of salt. It's the only thing (apart from the speech bubbles which was already mentioned) that I really don't like in this issue. I'm not too keen on the texture in the background and I'm not sure if that is DNA behind the glowing figure? Also I'm not sure how the cover was meant to tie in with this issue apart from somebody's DNA changing - but there wasn't much visual consistency between the cover and the issue for me. But I do know it's difficult to create cover artwork without giving too much away. And on a final note, perhaps it would be a good idea to try incorporating the Sanctioned logo and issue number into a cover without any solid colour background behind it.

Space Sweeper

Unf
UNF
UNF!

Oh my god, Inferno lived up to how I was hyping him. I love the way that you captured him; so much grandeur, weight, and devastation giving him a seriously large sense of presence. The portrayal of the destruction is also awesome and very well done with an almost abstract splash of fiery colours. Big fan of the head distortions and lighting flares as well.

The [overall] story got down to business very quickly as well without much of an expository monologue this time-- the man that turns into a terrifying fire titan did that more than well enough.  ;D

Now I'm just hungry for more!

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 15, 2013, 09:38:51 PM
there wasn't much visual consistency between the cover and the issue for me.
I'd argue that the divide in visual consistencies between covers and content is a common practice in comics.

ShadowPred

This issue was action packed, beautifully illustrated and introduced a mysterious villain that I hope we find out more about. Although it remains to be seen if he was just taken over by this transformation or if he was still fully in control once he transformed.

I'm probably the only person who is not a fan of the cover but take that with a grain of salt. It's the only thing (apart from the speech bubbles which was already mentioned) that I really don't like in this issue. I'm not too keen on the texture in the background and I'm not sure if that is DNA behind the glowing figure? Also I'm not sure how the cover was meant to tie in with this issue apart from somebody's DNA changing - but there wasn't much visual consistency between the cover and the issue for me. But I do know it's difficult to create cover artwork without giving too much away. And on a final note, perhaps it would be a good idea to try incorporating the Sanctioned logo and issue number into a cover without any solid colour background behind it.

I'll take all of this into consideration, but regarding how the cover relates to the issue at hand...well, it actually does, but telling you would spoil things down the road, although what I just said pretty much gives it away.

And in regards of the villain being taken over by this transformation, or it being something he can control, it's pretty much both. Some of the dialog in issue 3 or 4 (I swear, both these issues are literally back to back follow ups to issue 2, that I get confused what happens lol), is going to pretty explain it in some form, only through what certain characters are feeling. So there won't be any In-Universe explanation just yet.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 16, 2013, 12:35:47 AM
Unf
UNF
UNF!

Oh my god, Inferno lived up to how I was hyping him. I love the way that you captured him; so much grandeur, weight, and devastation giving him a seriously large sense of presence. The portrayal of the destruction is also awesome and very well done with an almost abstract splash of fiery colours. Big fan of the head distortions and lighting flares as well.

The [overall] story got down to business very quickly as well without much of an expository monologue this time-- the man that turns into a terrifying fire titan did that more than well enough.  ;D

Now I'm just hungry for more!

there wasn't much visual consistency between the cover and the issue for me.
I'd argue that the divide in visual consistencies between covers and content is a common practice in comics.

Glad the the build up actually had a pay off, I'm sure I was hyping this character up unintentionally during the live streams this past week, so it's good to see he lived up to whatever your expectations were.

Once again, thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this, I'll be once again taking all suggestions to heart. Going to for sure improve on the word balloons, the text being bigger, etc.

ShadowPred

Work on issue 3 began earlier today

Space Sweeper

f**k yes.
PUMPIT.

ShadowPred

4 page preview is going to be appearing sometime tomorrow, along with a release date for issue 3.

ShadowPred

Here is the 4 page preview for issue 3.

Aspie

Vickers

That's awesome! Everything is looking great, Shadow!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed