Bishops Legs

Started by 9th_Stew, Apr 11, 2012, 04:25:51 AM

Author
Bishops Legs (Read 8,770 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2012, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 11, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
Bishop was cut in half right next to the drop ship, the legs could have easily gotten caught up next to the dropship's landing gear.

This seems quite possible.

And completely unlike what we see in the photo.
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 11, 2012, 09:40:19 PM
It looks like it's a promotional photo, it's not like they can't move the legs somewhere else for the actual game. For a promo photo it's fine - it's got the airlock, the dropship, recognizable background material, and Bishop's legs. Rather than people spazzing out over their placement in the photo I think it would be more prudent to see how it's handled in the actual game and then start complaining.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 11, 2012, 11:09:13 PM
The queen also visibly threw his legs (and upper half) across the room when she pulled him in half, so with the turbulence of the open airlock they could have ended up pretty much anywhere.

Well, no. With the door open and everything blasting out the opening they would be fairly predictably be closer to the airlock if not go out them.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

the airlock was to the front of the dropship. the queen trew the legs to it's left, behind it. if they managed not to get sucked out, they SHOULD be tangled in the landing gear of the dropship.

or more likely, they should be in cryostasis with the rest of his body.

SM

SM

They wouldn't have ended up as per the pic on their own, 'cos it meant they flew over the airlock rather than out of it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 12, 2012, 01:49:40 AM
I honestly never got the impression Ripley put them in the cryopod.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 12, 2012, 04:22:20 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 12, 2012, 01:49:40 AM
I honestly never got the impression Ripley put them in the cryopod.

i thought she did otherwise he wouldve slid down in the middle of the pod unless he was propped up by a stick :P

SM

SM

Logically she would've put them in there so Bishop could be put back together again when they got home and legs are 'preserved'.  Whether she actually did - I don't know.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

and whilst were on this topic what about the blood shouldnt it be streaked towards the airlock aswell.... now im really nitpicking lol

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Depends on how much of it soaked into the deck or whatever - remember he was "bleeding out" for a while before the airlock was even opened. We don't even know what android blood is (in universe, I mean), let alone how it flows, dries, etc.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

hmmm the mind boggles lol

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

In ALIEN 3 only Bishop's upper half is found.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well it's also after a major crash, and his upper half is in much worse shape than when Ripley put him in stasis.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 12, 2012, 06:22:23 PM
Well it's also after a major crash, and his upper half is in much worse shape than when Ripley put him in stasis.

not as bad in shape as Hicks was

"in space no one can see Bishops legs" - sorry had to be said lol

SM

SM

Quoteand whilst were on this topic what about the blood shouldnt it be streaked towards the airlock aswell.... now im really nitpicking lol

Assuming it wasn't sucked out - there should be streaks along the floor where the wind was dragging him too.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2012, 12:11:41 AM
Quoteand whilst were on this topic what about the blood shouldnt it be streaked towards the airlock aswell.... now im really nitpicking lol

Assuming it wasn't sucked out - there should be streaks along the floor where the wind was dragging him too.

glad im not the only 1 :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed