Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,487 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Well those look absolutely amazing, very ALIEN-like! The shot of the eggs definitely confirms Alien movie :P

Well, my excitement for this just grew, I don't know, about a million times. Visually, at least, it looks stunning. Just need to learn a bit more about the story through trailers now :)

Aeus

urgh my anus wasn't ready

it wasn't ready at all

Ogata881

Don't see everything before you get to the cinema.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Yup, gets my approval alright

Dirty Harry

PLEASE!!!!!!

Someone restart my Brain!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Marr

Definately a wheelchair...maybe just out of hypersleep...the thing in the middle?...maybe something went wrong for one of them in hypersleep?

Reborn

HOLY F**KING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

*Head Explosion*

*Universe explosion*

Pn2501

Quote from: howardvegas on Aug 01, 2011, 02:35:29 PM

Definately a wheelchair...maybe just out of hypersleep...the thing in the middle?...maybe something went wrong for one of them in hypersleep?

QuoteMuscles

On Earth, our muscles are constantly working – whether walking, lifting, even sitting or standing upright – during all of these normal activities our muscles are working against gravity to some degree. In a micro gravity environment, there is no appreciable force of gravity for the muscles to work against, so muscle tone is lost. This deconditioning is evident in as few as five days and is progressive. During longer flights, muscles can shrink in size and lose their strength. As the muscles continue to atrophy, they become less resistant to fatigue, and one may experience uncontrolled muscle twitches and a loss of fine motor control. There is a danger of the weakened ligaments and muscles tearing under stresses that would not be a problem under normal circumstances.

As an example, after a 211 day tour of duty on Mir, cosmonauts Berezovoy and Lebedev returned to Earth so debilitated that they had to be carried off their spacecraft, and could barely walk for a week. They required extensive rehabilitation to return to their pre-flight levels of fitness (4). However, the loss of muscle strength and control can be kept to much lower levels by exercising regularly during the mission. A good example of the success of exercise is Shannon Lucid, who after 188 days on board Mir, was able to walk off the spacecraft unassisted, and who experienced a lesser degree of muscle debilitation than she would have had she not exercised regularly during the mission. Harrison, Albert, Spacefaring: The Human Dimension, 2001, University of California Press

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Quote from: robbritton on Aug 01, 2011, 01:20:15 PM
some of those sets look a little Alien Resurrection/Event Horizon, but the others are pure Alien.

I had the same impression...for me,a design style more close to that "Nostromo/Blade Runner dirty and machine-like feeling" would be better,however,i like the ilumination and the dark tone of the pictures.The space suits have a great helmet design too.

Good article about sci-fi corridors: ;)
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/313130/in_praise_of_the_scifi_corridor.html

Remonster

Wait, those aren't eggs in the last picture, are they?

T Dog

hmmmmmm. Seems pretty clear what Neville Page designed.

Think I need to see the footage with the sound before I make up my mind about what I think.

That Yellow Alien

Wow, looks awesome. Hype just went up.

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Remonster on Aug 01, 2011, 04:02:47 PM
Wait, those aren't eggs in the last picture, are they?

Looks like urns/jars...someone mentioned they are filled with some kind of goo

JaaayDee

I just love how all the lighting looks natural inside the spaceship.  No green/blue-tinted muck.

predxeno

Looks like this will be an Alien film.  I kinda hoped that they the shooter would have taken some pics of the "Alien", though. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed