The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 383,618 times)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: MoonerSK on Jan 19, 2017, 07:32:50 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 19, 2017, 02:51:06 AM
Giorgio Armani peacock color striped silk necktie (vintage)

Since I can not retrieve the image...  ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190430939607?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You just have to try a little  ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/08/!B0P,v+Q!2k~$(KGrHqMOKkME)NP2F)NhBMZd82w(K!~~_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F
Thank you! The iPad said no to trying to copy the image from there. WTF ipad

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have avoided this book because its illustrated by Sam Keith, but Hicks recommended it to me a while ago so I did plan on getting it eventually. Thanks to a friend I was able to finally read this last week.

Needless to say I loved it, the whole damn thing. So now my own copy is on the way to my doorstep. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 30, 2017, 08:39:17 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51hnjFURiuL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have avoided this book because its illustrated by Sam Keith, but Hicks recommended it to me a while ago so I did plan on getting it eventually. Thanks to a friend I was able to finally read this last week.

Needless to say I loved it, the whole damn thing. So now my own copy is on the way to my doorstep. ;D

Did you agree with my assessment? It all worked after the big twist?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I thought it worked very nicely, the art actually went really well with the story. I thought it was certainly worth picking up, I'm surprised though lol, didn't think I would ever give Sam Keith's art another chance.

FiorinaFury161

Armani Junior shirt (3 month size) for my sister's upcoming child

Gucci dark blue silk bow tie

Giorgio Armani light grey wool trousers
No image available to post, but I must say these are the most comfortable wool pants ever. They have zero itch and are ultra soft.

KiramidHead

"Who sent you?" "Batman!"

Scorpio

Scorpio

Haven't played this for years.  I traded my copy in a while ago but I started replaying the Arkham games recently.  Arkham Origins I think is a great, underrated game.

windebieste

I picked up a nice neat Kenner Alien tail on Ebay today.  This one was only $16 (including postage).  There's a ton of Kenner Alien stuff on Ebay at the moment.  Along with this item I've purchased a head and 2 pairs of arms.  Need those arms!

The tail is a little dusty and a little too tightly coiled but that's no concern.  A good wash and some heat treatment will fix that.   It is missing the little nub that a serrated washer was originally used to hold the tail onto the figure.  Nonetheless, it's easily fixed by using a single screw and an improvised mounting plate.  The tail looks like it has 46 segments so it's not truncated at the base.  Importantly, it's not missing the blunt tail spike.  These tips can be missing from tails.  This one will look good once attached to a figure I have that is waiting for a replacement tail.

Can't wait for this item (along with a bunch of other stuff) to arrive!

-Windebieste.

Prez

Prez

About to spunk some coin on a new SSD and 16GB Ram to upgrade my ageing 2012 Macbook Pro.

Can't afford to buy a brand new one as that's easily a $3-4k outlay. So instead going to spunk about $500-600 instead.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 05, 2017, 01:17:52 AMArmani Junior shirt (3 month size) for my sister's upcoming child

Every time you post about buying new clothes, I get a mental image of a wardrobe like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2017, 12:36:28 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 05, 2017, 01:17:52 AMArmani Junior shirt (3 month size) for my sister's upcoming child

Every time you post about buying new clothes, I get a mental image of a wardrobe like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark :laugh:

"But Who's Tailoring the Clothes?"

"TOP MEN!"  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

:laugh:

I can't help I have luxurious tastes.

Corporal Hicks

Just picked up the Lost Fleet, Beyond the Frontier series for £15.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2017, 11:02:44 AM
Just picked up the Lost Fleet, Beyond the Frontier series for £15.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61%2Bxiva9EKL.jpg

Nice one. I think i still need to read the last Book of the original series before i move onto them. They are really good books mind :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed