More insight on the Prometheus ship

Started by JaaayDee, Apr 09, 2011, 12:57:16 PM

Author
More insight on the Prometheus ship (Read 2,631 times)

JaaayDee

Looks like the ship is going to be updated, technology-wise.

Wobblyboddle77

Thats got me a bit concerned as in alien everything has used future and a blocky/chunky look to it. there again it could be argued this set before alien and because its a terraforming project weyland yutani (if the company name is used or if it is that company) have put more money into this technology and ship. So really really it's an open ended two way argument, if it looks like 2001 though i would be happy, but really no one really knows. interesting , very interesting.............

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I'm assuming that the Prometheus is a cutting-edge science research vessel.  It's one of the most advanced Weyland-Yutani ships ever made and the Nostromo class was created en masse and could afford virtually no innovative technology.  This sounds silly, but think of the Prometheus as Windows 7 and the Nostromo as Windows 7 without the gui (MS-DOS basically).

Wobblyboddle77

yeah thats what i was trying to get at lol, except you put it alot better, cheers old boy.

Valaquen

The olo table could still look archaic, with some good design. And yeah, the Nostromo is a space-tug, a truck. The Prometheus, if human, is apparently a one-of-a-kind/top-of-the-line technology.

bobcunk

they probably had better technology in ALIEN but it was just a rug towing somesortof refining factory ir something, and looked pretty old. compare a brand new luxury yacht to and old tugboat, ther both in use but one appears ancient and the other like something of off startrek.

irn

irn

My solution to the retcon problem is you could use the reason that since these ships are travelling massive distances, over a great number of years, so they need to be highly efficient at power saving. Old-style, very basic computer systems can still do the maths but don't need to power for GUI's and floating hologram 3D paperclips talking to you.

ThisBethesdaSea

I want to see an image/images from this film so bad I could scream!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh! Heheheh

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

C´mom guys...A L I E N was made in 1979 with the tecnology avaliable in that time(no advanced CG,3D,etc) and for 1979 people the ship was futuristic.Now is 2011,Ridley can´t make a ship with DOS screens.Probably,the best solution is to make a combination of old and new visual styles.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 09, 2011, 02:48:15 PM
The olo table could still look archaic, with some good design. And yeah, the Nostromo is a space-tug, a truck. The Prometheus, if human, is apparently a one-of-a-kind/top-of-the-line technology.
Yeah, the architecture in the Nostromo was very blocky and had a sense of wear to it. 

So it will most likely be something like this:

(I probably spent too much time making this.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed