12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,962 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Was it a failure? Everyone who saw it liked it.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 12, 2015, 05:44:20 PM
Was it a failure? Everyone who saw it liked it.

If a movie doesnt make quadruple it's budget it's a failure.
Which basically means that most movies are failures.
But that doesnt count dvd sales, tv rights, etc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, the ones that don't receive major, massive marketing campaigns, yes. Of which, Pacific Rim was one.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuotePACIFIC RIM: TALES FROM THE DRIFT #4

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Romeo looks awesome!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Those are Tacit Ronin and Coyote Tango actually.  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh yeah, Tacit. I have no idea why Romeo came to mind; might've been the blue hue :P

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one.

Alien³

Alien³

Goooooood! ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm glad del Toro is optimistic. I do hope that sequel, if it does happen, doesn't use that silly story idea that was floating around when the film was first announced about jaegers combining together into one super robot.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Wouldn't mind seeing some bio-jaegers that actually have kaiju parts built into them.  Put the war into the alternate dimension, and you have the recipe for something very trippy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not if it's going to look like the last few seconds of Gipsy drifting in the kaiju homeworld. What you call trippy, I call painful on the eyes.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 03:46:38 AM
Not if it's going to look like the last few seconds of Gipsy drifting in the kaiju homeworld. What you call trippy, I call painful on the eyes.

They could definitely cut back on the lens flare, which was a bit jarring, but I would love to see more of this:

I would love to see some Elder God stuff; we know that the Kaiju are extremely ancient since they tried to invade during the time of the dinosaurs.  Maybe they have an entire inter-dimensional empire where they are attacking other realities as well.  Beyond movies, this could make for an awesome cartoon series.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Jan 14, 2016, 04:08:11 AM
Maybe they have an entire inter-dimensional empire where they are attacking other realities as well.

That would cut into the main story of the kaiju war. Heck you could probably dedicate an entire movie to that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed