12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,739 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Wait dude, I'm dumb... has everyone already seen this?

That's one of the mechs right there in lower left, yes??

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

No we hadnt! :P The mech looks really sweet.. I reckon that's the american Jaeger.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I've seen those before. Or the green suit, at least.

Can't quite remember where, though.

SiL

SiL

The suits, we've seen. There are pictures earlier in the thread. The Jaeger, not so much.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

You know, I'm inclined not to comment. ;D I like it alright, but it really looks like a clash of styles to me.  The top is very anime, but the legs are kind of square and industrial-looking.  Almost Iron Man, when the top is more Evangelion.

It could be sweet, though.

Spoiler
[close]

Gates

Gates

I haven't decided if I like the suits yet...I think I'll have to see them in action...

As for the Jaeger, I'm kinda meh for now...aren't there a few different ones, and isn't this one an 'older' model..? Or am I confusing shit..?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Yes, there are diffferent jaegers in the film. And that is probably the older model.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Maybe this will get them to make a War of the Monsters 2, one of the ost fun PS2 sleeper games I ever played. It was like Twisted Metal but with giant monsters rampaging through zone you could smash to pieces - including sky scrapers.

One can dream :(

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 25, 2012, 09:36:44 AM
Maybe this will get them to make a War of the Monsters 2, one of the ost fun PS2 sleeper games I ever played. It was like Twisted Metal but with giant monsters rampaging through zone you could smash to pieces - including sky scrapers.

I always wanted that sequel. They keep cancelling it's production  :'( :(

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Thats a damn shame... :(

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 25, 2012, 10:39:25 AM

It was a critical hit, but didn't sell very well (The first one).

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 25, 2012, 11:15:12 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 25, 2012, 10:39:25 AM

It was a critical hit, but didn't sell very well (The first one).

I loved it, it was a great concept (really, who can go wrong with giant monsters smashing each other and the city around them) and have rather amusing memories of me and my roomates playing 4 player.

:(

Edvin

Edvin

i will cry rainbows and cum sunshine the day that they announce War Of The Monsters 2.
David Jaffe who made Twisted Metal, also made WOTM  ;D
i wonder who owns the license now. the company that made it is no more.

i have thousands of memories from playing that game with my family, friends i still have and friends long lost. They simply HAVE to do something with the game.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 25, 2012, 03:07:26 PM

i will cry rainbows and cum sunshine the day that they announce War Of The Monsters 2.
David Jaffe who made Twisted Metal, also made WOTM  ;D
i wonder who owns the license now. the company that made it is no more.

i have thousands of memories from playing that game with my family, friends i still have and friends long lost. They simply HAVE to do something with the game.

Haha, me too. I have a lot of memories of me and my roomates playing that game till like 4 am sometimes. Like I said, maybe this movie will get them to do it!

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Oct 25, 2012, 09:12:59 AM
Yes, there are diffferent jaegers in the film. And that is probably the older model.

I read somewhere the older model is the main Jaeger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed