Alien vs Predator: Lockdown

Started by Cap. Fitzgerald, Mar 02, 2011, 06:15:53 AM

Author
Alien vs Predator: Lockdown (Read 2,007 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

So, this is my current and only non school project as of now. The almost monthly avpgalaxy comic strips are not really fulfilling and I don't see why they're worth it to some of you... And thats the only other project I can possibly think of.
Ok now to the actual comic. The following spoiler is the plot without the details and dialogue that takes place.
Spoiler
The plot follows a Weyland-Yutani crewed ship landing on a planet to inspect it and verify it for colonization or resource harvesting. They find the planet is largely jungle based with volcanic mountains. In the mountains a group of two crew members find a derelict like the one on LV-426 and wake up ahibernating alien. They are killed by it and once the people on the shipinform the search party that the men have died they rush back to the command section of the ship they arrived in. The alien follows the humans toward the ship and come across several rhinoceros type creatures skinned corpses hanging from the trees. We see a predator fighting down the one if these creatures and we see it kill it and collect it's skull. It roars and the sound echoes through the jungle, causing one of the search party to scream. The predator then heads towards the humans. The group makes it to the ship and start the dustoff procedures. The alien goes into the exhaust (like Kanes son tried to do at the end of Alien) and we see it make it inside and curl up in the storage room. The predator, while cloaked, jumps onto the top of the ship and opens up a hatch to make it inside. It then closes the hatch and hides in a lower room of the ship to clean it's trophies. Once the ship reattaches to the mothership the two creatures move into the ship and the predator and alien each kill a crew member. The alien kills one crewman in front of another in an almost alien 3 fashion. It then approaches the remaining crew man who locks it a room. He heads up a floor and in a panicked state turn on the ships emergency defense systems. The defense system turns out to be a system that releases a deadly gas into the sections of the ship. The alien is unaffected and reaches the man before he can set the gas to only target a certain floor. The onboard computer then informs the crew that they have 15 minutes to either deactivate the gas or get to the escape shuttle. The crew figures out that they can't reach the controls and have to reach the escape shuttle. Along the way they reach the recording room and see the recording of the alien and predator murdering the crewmen. They then do their best to not encounter the creatures but are attacked by the predator and alien in the lower sections of the ship, close to the shuttle. The remaining crew reach the shuttle but have to bypass s lock set by the emergency procedures. Meanwhile, both trying to reach the crew,  the alien and predator come face to face. The alien ant predator fight fiercely but in the end the alien overpowers the predator (logic points to that happening) and it mortally wounds the predator and leaves it there. It heads to the crew stuck at the door, unable to unlock it, and begins murdering them. (most likely there will be only three people) and the Predator activates it's wristbomb and laughs as the the alien us about to kill the last person. The alien kills the last person and turns around to finish the predator, which simply laughs as the gas reaches them. The predators bomb goes off and ignites the gas, destroying the ship and killing both creatures. End.
[close]
My main goals with this comic are as follows:
1.  Be as movie accurate as possible
2. Provide an entertaining story as a comic
3. Eventually submit to DarkHorse comics
I know this likely won't be published but I'm going to try. Try like hell.
Now there's the talk. Here's done examples of the drawings I will use in the comic.
These are uninked and unshaded and are only of the Predator.
Spoiler

[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 02, 2011, 06:15:53 AM
The almost monthly avpgalaxy comic strips are not really fulfilling and I don't see why they're worth it to some of you...
If you didn't understand what they were worth, why did you propose them in the first place?  :(

Cap. Fitzgerald

Because I thought it was a good idea at he time.
I was wrong and I'm sorry :(
However the hope for the future of the  AvPG comic lies in you Sweeper.
But let's not start this with offtopicness.
If you don't want to read the synopsis (wall, I know) then just look at the last spoiler.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 02, 2011, 06:36:51 AM
Because I thought it was a good idea at he time.
I was wrong and I'm sorry :(
However the hope for the future of the  AvPG comic lies in you Sweeper.
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 02, 2011, 06:36:51 AM
If you don't want to read the synopsis (wall, I know) then just look at the last spoiler.
I liked a good deal of it. A list of things in my opinion that would be for the better?

-I think the Predator should have a bit more ground interaction with the humans, and then the Alien should stay a stowaway until the takeoff.
-Less of actually seeing the Predator would be better.
-The Predator should be wounded by a human- a neutral party.
-The ship exploding before the Alien crawls up for a headbite would be cool, but it should be made that the Alien doesn't directly "brawl" with the Predator.
-A cat and mouse style of fighting between the two would fit the vibe of the movies in a great way
-Don't forget characterization for the humans- there weren't really any certain personalities so far
-More elegant fashions of each creature boarding the ship; for instance, a Predator jumping on top of the ship and using a hatch seems a bit OTT, and there shouldn't be any real visual of the Alien following them back.

Those, of course, are just in my opinion. Man.

I do like the setup, and I like even more the fact that you didn't use the tired-out "YA AL33NZ IN DA PEERAMID" story... I appreciated a crashed derelict ship (however, I do think the ship's design and layout should be different from what we've already seen).

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Let me tackle this one by one
QuoteI think the Predator should have a bit more ground interaction with the humans, and then the Alien should stay a stowaway until the takeoff.
I think yeah, I can afford to add more Pred interaction. But then how would I explain the alien if it's just a stowaway with no seen entrance?
QuoteLess of actually seeing the Predator would be better.
Like the first movie, I know. It'll be cloaked or hidden most of the time. I think that I could take out the part where it kills the rhino though, I felt it was unnecessry when u wrote it. I kept it... Because I dunno.
QuoteThe Predator should be wounded by a human- a neutral party.
Explain this a bit more please? I don't think I get it. And it gets shot up good one time. One WY commando (there are two on the ship) gets his suit and a pulse rifle and puts up a good fight before death.
Quote-The ship exploding before the Alien crawls up for a headbite would be cool, but it should be made that the Alien doesn't directly "brawl" with the Predator.
I feel as if AvP got it right in that it did the whole brawl thing for a while then did a cat and mouse thing, it's problem was that it was too short. Mine won't be and it'll include both fight styles.
Quote-A cat and mouse style of fighting between the two would fit the vibe of the movies in a great way
See above, I agree.
Quote-Don't forget characterization for the humans- there weren't really any certain personalities so far
I won't, I didnt include them because that would make the wall larger. Get me? There's characterization in the mess hall, in the jungle, as they hear the warning, etc. I like characterizing characters (:P) there should be no problems there
Quote-More elegant fashions of each creature boarding the ship; for instance, a Predator jumping on top of the ship and using a hatch seems a bit OTT, and there shouldn't be any real visual of the Alien following them back.
I'd like you to explain this one. And by jumping I meant like in predator 2 when we see it jump on the roof cloaked. But from a tree to the too of the ship, before it takes of. Not during. As for the alien... I need help there.

And the derelict I think will look different but still same shape and size. Like frigates in Halo.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I hate quoting, so I'll just list each assessment:

-I mostly mean that there shouldn't be any visual of the alien following them back to the ship. The audience should be smart enough to figure out that the same one that later appears on the ship was the same one from the derelict. Have it emerge from the darkness of the engine room or something for it's first moments seen on the ship.

-Yeah, the rhino part would do best to be cut. Doesn't exactly seem like what they would consider "worthy prey" anyways.

-Main reason I think the Pred should be downed by a human, the neautral party, is because in AvP stories it seems like the Alien always has to be the one to perform the fatal blow in the WWE battle.. this just causes one fanbase to get all pissy, and I think a human being the one to bring the Predator to the point of arming the wrist-bomb would silence those who would complain. Sacrificing a "climactic" fight between the two species, that would just seem like fan-masturbation, honestly.

-I never saw AvP (the movie) as getting it right in any way. Only way personally think a Predator or Alien should fight is through a kind of cause and effect/cat and mouse game. To me, close quarters combat between the two end of looking awkward and degrading for both.

-Understood.

-Already mentioned the Alien's entrance, as you had alluded to it going through the exhaust- that's a great idea. But personally, for the Predator, I think it could be cool to see it maybe override a maintainence airlock's control. I just thing it getting in through a hatch in the roof (which is supposed to withstand the vacuum of space) is a bit awkward. With the overridden airlock, he could get past the airlock and shut it once inside. I loved your idea of hiding in a lower room of the ship to clean the trophies, and that could still easily work, and in an undetected manner.

Jesus, to tell the truth this makes me want to do my own AvP project.  :laugh:
I'm not even sure if I'm getting this right, but I definitely think this would be a great way to give satisfaction to fans of both franchises. A single Alien.. and a single Predator. Awesome. Of course now I have a lot of anticipation for this, and I'm only trying to help. If you want any more suggestions, just mention it.

Prime113

Prime113

Awesome, man. I can't wait to read it. I'm gonna stay away from the top spoiler for awhile.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
The plot follows a Weyland-Yutani crewed ship landing on a planet to inspect it and verify it for colonization or resource harvesting. They find the planet is largely jungle based with volcanic mountains. In the mountains a group of two crew members find a derelict like the one on LV-426 and wake up ahibernating alien.

They are killed by it and once the people on the shipinform the search party that the men have died they rush back to the command section of the ship they arrived in. The alien follows the humans toward the ship and come across several rhinoceros type creatures skinned corpses hanging from the trees. We see a predator fighting down the one if these creatures and we see it kill it and collect it's skull. It roars and the sound echoes through the jungle, causing one of the search party to scream. The predator then heads towards the humans. The group makes it to the ship and start the dustoff procedures. The alien goes into the exhaust (like Kanes son tried to do at the end of Alien) and we see it make it inside and curl up in the storage room. The predator, while cloaked, jumps onto the top of the ship and opens up a hatch to make it inside. It then closes the hatch and hides in a lower room of the ship to clean it's trophies.

Once the ship reattaches to the mothership the two creatures move into the ship and the predator and alien each kill a crew member. The alien kills one crewman in front of another in an almost alien 3 fashion. It then approaches the remaining crew man who locks it a room. He heads up a floor and in a panicked state turn on the ships emergency defense systems. The defense system turns out to be a system that releases a deadly gas into the sections of the ship. The alien is unaffected and reaches the man before he can set the gas to only target a certain floor. The onboard computer then informs the crew that they have 15 minutes to either deactivate the gas or get to the escape shuttle. The crew figures out that they can't reach the controls and have to reach the escape shuttle. Along the way they reach the recording room and see the recording of the alien and predator murdering the crewmen.

They then do their best to not encounter the creatures but are attacked by the predator and alien in the lower sections of the ship, close to the shuttle. The remaining crew reach the shuttle but have to bypass s lock set by the emergency procedures. Meanwhile, both trying to reach the crew,  the alien and predator come face to face. The alien ant predator fight fiercely but in the end the alien overpowers the predator (logic points to that happening) and it mortally wounds the predator and leaves it there. It heads to the crew stuck at the door, unable to unlock it, and begins murdering them. (most likely there will be only three people) and the Predator activates it's wristbomb and laughs as the the alien us about to kill the last person.

The alien kills the last person and turns around to finish the predator, which simply laughs as the gas reaches them. The predators bomb goes off and ignites the gas, destroying the ship and killing both creatures. End.
[close]
I've formatted it into paragraphs for the picky people.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2011, 08:19:08 PM
Spoiler
The plot follows a Weyland-Yutani crewed ship landing on a planet to inspect it and verify it for colonization or resource harvesting. They find the planet is largely jungle based with volcanic mountains. In the mountains a group of two crew members find a derelict like the one on LV-426 and wake up ahibernating alien.

They are killed by it and once the people on the shipinform the search party that the men have died they rush back to the command section of the ship they arrived in. The alien follows the humans toward the ship and come across several rhinoceros type creatures skinned corpses hanging from the trees. We see a predator fighting down the one if these creatures and we see it kill it and collect it's skull. It roars and the sound echoes through the jungle, causing one of the search party to scream. The predator then heads towards the humans. The group makes it to the ship and start the dustoff procedures. The alien goes into the exhaust (like Kanes son tried to do at the end of Alien) and we see it make it inside and curl up in the storage room. The predator, while cloaked, jumps onto the top of the ship and opens up a hatch to make it inside. It then closes the hatch and hides in a lower room of the ship to clean it's trophies.

Once the ship reattaches to the mothership the two creatures move into the ship and the predator and alien each kill a crew member. The alien kills one crewman in front of another in an almost alien 3 fashion. It then approaches the remaining crew man who locks it a room. He heads up a floor and in a panicked state turn on the ships emergency defense systems. The defense system turns out to be a system that releases a deadly gas into the sections of the ship. The alien is unaffected and reaches the man before he can set the gas to only target a certain floor. The onboard computer then informs the crew that they have 15 minutes to either deactivate the gas or get to the escape shuttle. The crew figures out that they can't reach the controls and have to reach the escape shuttle. Along the way they reach the recording room and see the recording of the alien and predator murdering the crewmen.

They then do their best to not encounter the creatures but are attacked by the predator and alien in the lower sections of the ship, close to the shuttle. The remaining crew reach the shuttle but have to bypass s lock set by the emergency procedures. Meanwhile, both trying to reach the crew,  the alien and predator come face to face. The alien ant predator fight fiercely but in the end the alien overpowers the predator (logic points to that happening) and it mortally wounds the predator and leaves it there. It heads to the crew stuck at the door, unable to unlock it, and begins murdering them. (most likely there will be only three people) and the Predator activates it's wristbomb and laughs as the the alien us about to kill the last person.

The alien kills the last person and turns around to finish the predator, which simply laughs as the gas reaches them. The predators bomb goes off and ignites the gas, destroying the ship and killing both creatures. End.
[close]
I've formatted it into paragraphs for the picky people.

Thanks. Wall of texts are highly unappealing to me.  ;D

I agree with your points by the way, Sweeper.

It sounds like a good premise, Fitz, and if you actually finish it this time I'll be certain to read it. Don't let us down, sounds promising.  ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Nice. I'll keep my eye on this.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Hey.
Hey guys.
Hey guys guess what?
Hey guys this comic isn't dead.

I'm currently in the writing stage (if anyone could do me a favor and get me a transcript of what it says about the Nostromo at the beginning of Alien I'll give many thanks) though a bit of a block was reached.
Anyways, last night I couldnt sleep so I went to work like a madman on my whiteboard.

Here's the end result, a bunch of names. This actually took a bunch more work than youd think.
Anyways, this effectively is the cast. 11 crew.
And why do they have a cook? Because I'd say richer Weyland Yutani workers would rather have actual prepared food than machine made "horrible" ship food like in Alien.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Seems you put a lot of thought into the names. Yeah, I like to do that too, sometimes.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Thats one of my staples actually.
Dude even in Animals of War, Ormand means serpent in German :laugh:

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

HOLY SHIT. SO MUCH WORK.

Still looking forward to this Cap. Keep it up.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Spaghetti you saying that reinforces my resolve even more!
I'm not slowing down even if I can't write the script or access it!

Here's a drawing of the alien that will be used on the back cover.

Now I know what your thinking
QuoteFitzgerald
Why u show so much of Alien on Frakking back cover?!?
That's the exact reason I scanned it now. When I ink it a lot of the detail will be bathed in shadow.

The front and back covers should be up by the end of today.
Hopefully.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed