Best Pic of an A/P related Creature

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 24, 2011, 11:27:54 AM

Author
Best Pic of an A/P related Creature (Read 25,168 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We have a Best pic of an Alien, Best pic of a Predator, and even a Best Alien vs Pred pic threads, so why don't we have another thread like this, all dedicated to the Creatures that appear (living or dead) in an Alien or Predator film?
So far, in the Alien and Predator films, we had the chance to see:
-The fossilized Space Jockey Skeleton in Alien
-The Imperfect Clones in Alien: Resurrection
-The Newborn in Alien: Resurrection (it is a hybrid of Alien and Human DnA, it counts!)
-The various Creature Skulls on the Predator Clan Trophy Wall in Predator 2
-The various Creature Skulls on the Predator Clan Trophy Wall in Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem
-The 'Stickman', also called 'River Ghost', in Predators
-The Hound-like Creature used by Tracker Predator in Predators

Other than that, in this topic we may as well post pictures of
-The original 'Star Beast' concept
-The original 'Hunter' concept
-Various Giger unused stuff

I'll start off with a pair of pictures of the Space Jockey

And a nice little picture of the original 'Vandammetor'.

Post away the most pics you can.

Nightmare Asylum

Great thread! Hopefully with Prometheus we will get to add another creature to the thread!

I really like this art:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A three party of Stickman Pictures.

And a concept for the original Predator.

Shasvre

Some of the original Alien designs I believe.

And the first concept art for the Alien Queen.

Spoiler

;D
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 25, 2011, 01:15:48 PM
And a concept for the original Predator.

That's one of Winston's sketches, no?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, it's a concept for the very, very first Predator. This guy:

Winston already set out for the Mandibled Look, because when he was flying to Japan once, he was sketching out concepts for the Predator, and James Cameron, who was in the same plane, said that he'd always have liked to see something 'with mandibles'. Winston immediately incorporated it into his designs. This is, as far as I know, one of his first studies:

As you can see, he more or less got always along the lines of the final design.

Fujimaster

Cant leave out our favourite furball.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 25, 2011, 04:19:36 PM
No, it's a concept for the very, very first Predator. This guy:
http://www.movie-moron.com/wp-content/gallery/images/predator-original-design-van-damme-2.jpg

Winston already set out for the Mandibled Look, because when he was flying to Japan once, he was sketching out concepts for the Predator, and James Cameron, who was in the same plane, said that he'd always have liked to see something 'with mandibles'. Winston immediately incorporated it into his designs.
Yeah, I know the story. It just looked a lot like one of Winston's sketches at first glance, so I wondered if he hadn't been trying to reverse-engineer something out of the original design.

Loving this topic, by the way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thanks 'Sticks. :)

Some pictures of the Predator 2 Trophy wall skulls.

(I'd love it if someone found a bigger version of ^this picture!)

And the original O' Bannon Alien, unsettingly similar to the 'Prawn' Aliens in District 9.

Nightmare Asylum

Really love the skull shots! Never noticed all the detail put into them before!

Does anyone have individual shots like that of the AVPR trophy room?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
I don't think pictures like that exist, because the majority of the AvPR trophy skulls were CGI models. If we're lucky, model tests exist somewhere.
I can tell you though, that one of them is a virtual scan (with a few modifications I think) of  artist Brandon Kihl's sculpture, done to promote a novel, that is supposed to be an interpretation of what the Loch Ness monster would look like.
"This 'Nessie' skull was constructed as a promotional prop for the Steve Alten novel 'The Loch' (Tsunami Books). Skull concept is based on the theory that the Loch Ness Monster could possible be an evolutionary mutation of a giant eel species. Skeletal form was based on illustrations by forensic artist and researcher Bill McDonald. Skulls from various species of eel were also used for anatomical comparison and sculpting details."

In the Trophy Room:

Left wall, centre; it's the one that looks like a Theropod Dinosaur of sorts.

The actual skull:

You can find more pictures of that skull here. :)

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 01, 2011, 09:16:45 PM
And the original Ron Cobb Alien, unsettingly similar to the 'Prawn' Aliens in District 9.

Dan O'Bannon drawing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...f**k!

Fixed...

...In the meantime, the Predator hound concept spotting the Reptilian tail, later discarded for a more canine appearence:

I love the Hounds but I prefer them with the Reptilian tail, for some reason..

Bad Replicant

predxeno

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 02, 2011, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
I don't think pictures like that exist, because the majority of the AvPR trophy skulls were CGI models. If we're lucky, model tests exist somewhere.
I can tell you though, that one of them is a virtual scan (with a few modifications I think) of  artist Brandon Kihl's sculpture, done to promote a novel, that is supposed to be an interpretation of what the Loch Ness monster would look like.
"This 'Nessie' skull was constructed as a promotional prop for the Steve Alten novel 'The Loch' (Tsunami Books). Skull concept is based on the theory that the Loch Ness Monster could possible be an evolutionary mutation of a giant eel species. Skeletal form was based on illustrations by forensic artist and researcher Bill McDonald. Skulls from various species of eel were also used for anatomical comparison and sculpting details."

In the Trophy Room:

Left wall, centre; it's the one that looks like a Theropod Dinosaur of sorts.

The actual skull:

http://www.kihlstudios.com/film_entertainment/nessie_skull/images/nessie3.jpg

You can find more pictures of that skull here. :)

I read that book by Steve Alten, The Loch, I'm also a featured character in one of his other novels, The Shell Game, since I won one of his character contests.  Also, couldn't that theropodish skull be an undiscovered species of dinosaur from Earth?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed