New AvP2 Title: Aliens vs Predator Requiem

Started by Darkness, Aug 19, 2007, 03:03:34 PM

Author
New AvP2 Title: Aliens vs Predator Requiem (Read 21,641 times)

Darkness

Looks like AvP2 has got itself yet another new title:
Aliens vs Predator Requiem. The name was featured in Entertainment Weekly’s latest magazine. (There’s no major article or anything, just a name-drop). Also on their website, they have the film listed as Aliens vs Predator Requiem in their Release Calendar section.

Further more, Fox have registered the domain name aliensvspredatorrequiem.com. This was registered on August 3rd and redirects to the Fox Movies website. Well, I guess it’s better than just Aliens vs Predator or AvP: Survival of the Fittest. Thanks to pred_alien, Danger Close and Darkoo for the news.

Update: The short-hand version will be AvP-R. Fox told us this last week, but didn’t say what the R stood for. Guess we know now. Fox have also registered AvP-R.com which redirects to the Fox Movies site.

Update 2: Yet another domain Fox have registered: AvP-Requiem.com. They’ve also registered avprequiemdvd.com and AVPRMovie.com. Fox registered 16 domains in total. Check them out here.

Update 3: Okay, I just got confirmation back from Fox. Looks like the new title will indeed be Requiem – or AvP:R. (Hicks).

ShadowPred

I just hope no one makes a big deal out of this.

shakermakerman

I dont know what to make of it (runs of to find out what Requiem means).

Cereal Killer

Thats a long ass name for a film.

shakermakerman

off* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem  Sounds cool to me, they have got to give it an extra title so regular movie go'ers wont get confused with the first one   :-\  

pred_alien

i think it might have something to do with the big plot twist

Ermac

Ermac

Why didn't they just name it "Requiem for a Predator"? What a stupid title.

ArielAleXCo

Aliens vs. predator : Requiem for a Dream...  Aliens and a predator get "high" and there for try to change their world and how should they interact failing to score. XDD also... queen Alien thinks she is fat so... goes into drugs too.  XDD jajaja

Rogue

Rogue

Requiem? Meh.

Mr. Weyland

Aliens vs. Predator: mass for the dead

shakermakerman

They will change it again, there seems to be a lot of tinkering with this movie.

Mr. Weyland

So we call Alien Vs Predator: AVP and Aliens Vs Predator Requiem: AVPR?  at least it clears up the confusion between the 1st and 2nd, I think?

Elorrra

Elorrra

I don't care what it is called. It doesn't change anything. I'm still eager to see the movie. Gold is gold.. even in mud.     :)  

YutaniDitch

very poetic title...actually, liked it a lot...   ;)     Of course, if the movie happens to fail, there will be all kinds of jokes about the title...   ;D     :D  

Mr. Weyland

check it out, look at the name of this AVP2 multiplayer map download, scroll to last file at the bottom of the page :  http://browse.files.filefront.com/Aliens+vs+Predator+2+Maps+Levels+Missions+De athmatch+Q+to+R+Titles/;1368577;/browsefiles.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed