NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,213,898 times)

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: slaysaliens on May 19, 2016, 03:22:06 AM
Lol dude you can buy gort directly from NECA right now seriously.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Predator-Series-5-7-Scale-Action-Figure-Guardian-Predator-NECA-/272242304917?hash=item3f62e7e795:g:kcMAAOSw~oFXNkWm

$40 wowie zowie, is NECA really scalping their own product? :o

I think it´s quite cheap if you compare with other scalpers.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Sure but it's still a little f**ked up that NECA is engaging in scalping at all.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

well I got NECA Predator 2 Lost Tribe Gort (or Guardian Predator... I'll just call him Gort)

He's pretty cool. the articulation is pretty nice. I had no breakage. but his right hip hinge is super loose. I used some floor polish to help tighten it. I am having sticking issue with the thigh swivels. I'm worried they break if I continue so I decided it';s a fair sacrifice. the figure looks amazing. say what you will about the articulation at the time but god damn Neca was and always will be awesome at their sculpt work.this figure is now put on a display base I made from wood for display. overall still an awesome figure. might look to get another.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 20, 2016, 10:56:56 PM
well I got NECA Predator 2 Lost Tribe Gort (or Guardian Predator... I'll just call him Gort)

He's pretty cool. the articulation is pretty nice. I had no breakage. but his right hip hinge is super loose. I used some floor polish to help tighten it. I am having sticking issue with the thigh swivels. I'm worried they break if I continue so I decided it';s a fair sacrifice. the figure looks amazing. say what you will about the articulation at the time but god damn Neca was and always will be awesome at their sculpt work.this figure is now put on a display base I made from wood for display. overall still an awesome figure. might look to get another.
Sounds great. Mind sharing a picture? I'd love to see the base you made.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 09:56:14 PM
Sure but it's still a little f**ked up that NECA is engaging in scalping at all.

Why dont you contact them on ebay or through twitter about the price?

But it is cheaper than everywhere else.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

It's really nothing special just a wood base with rubber bits on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

That's cool I like it. Most of my open ones are just sitting on the bookshelf so it's nothing pretty. Although I did find some fake "brush" for Dutch to stand in which looks sweet.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 21, 2016, 02:36:46 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 09:56:14 PM

Why dont you contact them on ebay or through twitter about the price?
Because I already have the figure anyway, I'm not looking to buy it. :P

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Got more pics of my Guardian Predator (Gort) I get this is an old figure and all. but this IS the NECA Predator figure series thread. and just because it's old doesn't mean it's still not a worthy figure to try and get.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I like not only how you put the scene from P2 in the background but also I have the same Jurassic World poster lol. He's a sweet figure. One of my favorites is the camo Jungle Hunter.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 23, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
Got more pics of my Guardian Predator (Gort) I get this is an old figure and all. but this IS the NECA Predator figure series thread. and just because it's old doesn't mean it's still not a worthy figure to try and get.

Age ain't but a thing. That's a really nice figure. And design. Shame it's harder to get hold of now.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2016, 07:46:18 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 23, 2016, 11:24:58 PM

Age ain't but a thing. That's a really nice figure. And design. Shame it's harder to get hold of now.

Very true. sadly Scalpers try and buy as many of the figures as they can often out buying them before the collectors can get the second run of the figure. you can get it from NECA though but I don't like they jumping their prices like that. I get they are out of production but that's no excuse.

As for the figure mine is pretty cool I had some issues with the hip outer hinge joints being super loose (he did in-volunteer splits) and the thigh swivels being locked in place. some hot water easilly remedied that issue with the thigh swivel and a combination of superglue and floor polish fixed the hip hinges. other then thatthe figure is perfect, however he seems to have standing issues as his toes don't make contact with the surface he stands on so he topples like a building easilly with the slightest nudge of the desk.

beyond those issues I am happy with the purchase. sure he was 49.99 plus free three day shipping, (still a good deal IMO) but he uses the City Hunter body armor and articulation (I think), and I like the red, white, and black color scheme. it reminds me of one of a Kenner's JP dinosaur. (can't remember which). and I always liked the City Hunter's armor more then the first one's. (though I do think that one was awesome too, but I prefer Jungle Hunter's Plasma Caster backpack). if NECA does redo the Lost Tribe I'll be sure to get City Hunter and Jungle hunter in hopes that the mask assymbly is the same with Series 5 so I can do a mask swap.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Okay I just need to ask. anyone know how to keep the killer Frisbee in the holder on the predator's leg?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Aside from gluing it in place? Not really.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 27, 2016, 07:06:33 AM
Aside from gluing it in place? Not really.

I'm honestly considering that, it's becoming more of an annoyance, popping out and rolling off some where, and I never display Guardian predator with it in hand. (his limited elbow articulation kinda prevents it from being useful for the disk for poses I want for it).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed