WHAT/HOW do they eat?

Started by FACEBOX, Jan 14, 2007, 08:27:19 PM

Author
WHAT/HOW do they eat? (Read 6,565 times)

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

predators, eat meat, but people saying they tear the meat with their teeth...as if they just bite into it like some kind of wild animal...please they sivial creatures, and far more advantage than us.they have their wristblades.im sure they use them to cut the meat into small pieces to eat.and by the looks of the mouth in predator and AvP it looks like they take small bites,smaller than what humans eat at a time
as for the aliens
they take the energy they need from the enviroment.but from the chestburster to adulthood. they would eat meat.small animals.bugs.cats.so on and so forth.and at adulthood. they would knock people out...even if it does look like they kill them with the head bite.take them back to the hive...or a area that they have changed to their own(eg in alien on and alien 3.there was only one alien,im sure they both had areas they would go by themselves) concoe(i cant spell :(
then later eat if they need
they would use their secondary mouth to eat,just has they use it to attack
taken small mouth bites and swallowing
hope that helped abit

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

just on this topic
in alien, the 1st film
how did the alien grow?
there wasnt any food for it?
the cat would be the only thing,and you saw it savioured
so what did it eat to grow?
makeing me think they dont need food. but that just be stupied...everthing needs food.espicaly if they going to grow the way it did

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^Ships stores.

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

lol :P

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I didn't mean it as a joke, like "Welcome to Weyland-McDonalds, can I take your order?"

I mean the foodstuffs stored for the crew to live on.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 18, 2007, 10:22:45 AM
I didn't mean it as a joke, like "Welcome to Weyland-McDonalds, can I take your order?"

I mean the foodstuffs stored for the crew to live on.

In the novel this was mentioned, the alien was rustling around in the food locker and they torched it trying to kill the alien but it escaped down an air duct.

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

About the predators eating, why can't they hold it with their hands and tusks(maybe test certain parts of the meat about toughnest of it with their tusks) Their inner teeth are long enough to sink in to meat and pull off meat.  Like strips.  If you are eating a chiken leg for example, when you bite into it, it comes of in  stripish pieces.  You can pull of strips of chiken.  Almost like the have layers.  Preds could pull of peices that are small enough to small whole, and leave it up to their digestive system.  Aliens can puch their inner jaws through heads.  Its obvious that aliens dont need as much food as we do, so  when they punch through someone head with their jaws, wouldn't brains go into it tongue and it could eat that.  I mean that could be a good wayy of eating.

SM

SM

Quote"Welcome to Weyland-McDonalds, can I take your order?"

"Thank you drive through... heh-heh-m-heh-heh..."

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

think PREDATORS might be omnivores - they may have a broad range in diet

i don't see them having any trouble eating really, they probably place their food pass between their mandibles staright into their mouths - i don't think they even use their mandibles that much other than to help guide their food into their mouths

as for the ALIENS, i have no clue
Quote from: Darkness on Jan 16, 2007, 11:41:14 AM
raptus relies almost exclusively on expectorating its own reactive fluids onto a food source, and then using the tongue as a form of siphon to pull in the liquefied material. The teeth and mandibles that tip the tongue are then used in the tearing and ingesting small portions of soft tissue when expectoration is not required. The theory came about during a study of the Alien's over all physical structure and proportions: it was felt that the neck - in order to support the head - needed to be comprised largely of muscle, thereby leaving little room for an esophagus designed for ingesting large pieces of food. However, given current views on the incorporation of carbon on the Alien's exoskeleton the amount of musculature employed in the neck for head support may be lessened in favor of allowing the strength of the exoskeleton to absorb most of the supportive needs.
damn - yeah that sounds about right ;D

John-Kormag III

John-Kormag III

QuoteTheir inner teeth are long enough to sink in to meat and pull off meat.
teeth for this must be crossed like scissors' blades.
predators cannot do this. their up- and downside inner teeth do not cross. they are not for biting food.

only andersen's uglymonster had biting jaws.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I always thought Predators lived on a Jungle like planet and hunted animals for food. What aliens eat I have the smallest of ideas, besides the eating Hive Resin.

nick3309

nick3309

Aliens Swallow With Thre Iner Jaw

Predator Eat A Chunk A Meat By Grabing It With There Mandables And Pull It Into There Mouths.

The Original Alien Killed Because There Was No Queen near So No Eggs. Although In The Alien Directors Cut The Alien Had A Backup Plan By Taking Humans And Turning Them Into Eggs.

The Runner Alien Is Baisicly An Alien Without A Mind Wich Equals=Killing Machine.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Master Hobbs on Jan 16, 2007, 07:23:30 PM
in p2, keyes said that the pred had a taste for beef, but who knows whats other type of meat they eat
"I didn't think he was vegetarian"

avpmad!

avpmad!

the aliens on alien 1 and alien 3 kill the people is because their is no hive...

and predators drink blood so that might act as food for them (on p2 when pred kills king willy it drink this blood with a straw thing)

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

AvpMad, the pred in pred2 was not drinking king willy's blood, he was sucking it off and out of the skull so it got clean.  And once again, im pretty sure a preds top and bottom teeth could both sink into meat.  Not a scissor effect but it can just pulls away.  Any way. why cant preds just grab bits of food and put it in there mouths?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed