Last thing you ate

Started by PredalienXenomorph, Jun 09, 2010, 11:45:26 PM

Author
Last thing you ate (Read 132,763 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2015, 08:53:17 AM
Never had a slopey joe...what the f**k are they?
OMG Hicks! They are: cooked ground meat (I prefer turkey over beef now for slop joes), then simmered in tomato sauce (originally made of ketchup, peppers, onions, spices) and served over hamburger style buns. When at your local grocer, look for Manwich, Heinz Sloppy Joe sauce or (in my favor) Red Fork Kitchen Brand SJ sauce. Manwich does have corn syrup in it, so I no longer use it. If you can find it, I suggest Chicken Soup For The Soul brand SJ sauce as well. I prefer Red Fork Kitchen brand over all, but you can try any of them out to see whats up. The CSFTS and RFK sauces are completely different from anything I have ever had, extremely good and unique.

Speaking of, I reheated Sloppy Joes along with (homemade) Macaroni and Gouda Cheese for my dinner today.

@CITY HUNTER: I am certainly not a salad guy. However, I do enjoy baby spinach as a base for salad. Boston Lettuce is ok too. I despise iceburg lettuce. So nasty. NOrmally my salad consists of baby spinach, sliced (and spiced) tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh grated cheese, ancient grain croutons and a sprinkle of fried onions. Topped with avocado ranch or bleu cheese lovers dressing. Certainly not a (overall) healthy salad, but that is my salad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm curious now. I don't know if it's even a thing over here.

In about 5 minutes it'll be chicken and pepperoni pizza. Nom.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 06, 2015, 01:28:44 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2015, 08:53:17 AM
Never had a slopey joe...what the f**k are they?
OMG Hicks! They are: cooked ground meat (I prefer turkey over beef now for slop joes), then simmered in tomato sauce (originally made of ketchup, peppers, onions, spices) and served over hamburger style buns. When at your local grocer, look for Manwich, Heinz Sloppy Joe sauce or (in my favor) Red Fork Kitchen Brand SJ sauce. Manwich does have corn syrup in it, so I no longer use it. If you can find it, I suggest Chicken Soup For The Soul brand SJ sauce as well. I prefer Red Fork Kitchen brand over all, but you can try any of them out to see whats up. The CSFTS and RFK sauces are completely different from anything I have ever had, extremely good and unique.

Speaking of, I reheated Sloppy Joes along with (homemade) Macaroni and Gouda Cheese for my dinner today.

@CITY HUNTER: I am certainly not a salad guy. However, I do enjoy baby spinach as a base for salad. Boston Lettuce is ok too. I despise iceburg lettuce. So nasty. NOrmally my salad consists of baby spinach, sliced (and spiced) tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh grated cheese, ancient grain croutons and a sprinkle of fried onions. Topped with avocado ranch or bleu cheese lovers dressing. Certainly not a (overall) healthy salad, but that is my salad.
Rocket salad with cucumbers for me.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Sloppy Joe is basically dog food; but for people. Even comes in a can. :laugh:

However I can't eat that ground turkey without breaking out in hives.

Eating a tuna a sandwich with Frito's.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2015, 12:31:36 AM
Cheap sauces and ingredients make cheap food.
Good quality ingredients make mediocre recipes good.
Great, premium ingredients make recipes great.

Try out the sauce brands I mentioned, your views on Slop Joes will be changed forever. That is, if you can find em... Sorry to hear about the ground turkey allergen btw!

Tonight's dinner:

Grilled Citrus Chicken breasts with melted imported smoked gouda cheese
Sweet corn
Green Bean almondeene (sauteed green beans with organic butter, spices and slivered almonds)
Sliced cucumbers with imported sweet cucumber vinegar (which is AMAZE)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Simple "nacho" burgers last night. Basically just burgers with peppers and etc inside them.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

hmm had a mix plate for dinner. Two scoops rice, mac salad, bbq beef, teriyaki, chicken katsu and kal-bi. btw I love sloppy joes. Lots of good comes in can now days. :P

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 20, 2015, 01:36:36 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2015, 12:31:36 AM
Cheap sauces and ingredients make cheap food.
Good quality ingredients make mediocre recipes good.
Great, premium ingredients make recipes great.

Try out the sauce brands I mentioned, your views on Slop Joes will be changed forever. That is, if you can find em... Sorry to hear about the ground turkey allergen btw!

Tonight's dinner:

Grilled Citrus Chicken breasts with melted imported smoked gouda cheese
Sweet corn
Green Bean almondeene (sauteed green beans with organic butter, spices and slivered almonds)
Sliced cucumbers with imported sweet cucumber vinegar (which is AMAZE)
Man FiorinaFury161 sounds like you are having restaurant food every day (all that detail,there should be a mouth watering emaciation)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

As a former chef's assistant, I learned MANY things in the seven years I worked in the industry. The chef I worked for was in the same school (and graduating class) as Emeril Lagassi. He said that Emeril was a stuck up show off, but in the food industry, you need that flare to become known/respected.

Ate last night's reheats for dinner today and it was delish again.

@whiterabbit : Believe it or not, frozen vegetables are sometimes better options than fresh, especially if you need only a little amount. Also, canned fruits and vegetables are also sometimes better, so long as there are no additional preservatives, colors and/or sugars.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 21, 2015, 12:14:25 AM
As a former chef's assistant, I learned MANY things in the seven years I worked in the industry. The chef I worked for was in the same school (and graduating class) as Emeril Lagassi. He said that Emeril was a stuck up show off, but in the food industry, you need that flare to become known/respected.

Ate last night's reheats for dinner today and it was delish again.

@whiterabbit : Believe it or not, frozen vegetables are sometimes better options than fresh, especially if you need only a little amount. Also, canned fruits and vegetables are also sometimes better, so long as there are no additional preservatives, colors and/or sugars.
I see

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just about to try Cup-A-Soup for the first time.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Lemongrass Basil Turkey over wild rice. (Thai origin cuisine)

Different, but interestingly different. Kinda sour taste to a spicer/garlic finish. Surprisingly light flavor too.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Tonight's dinner menu:

Grilled Lemon Thyme Chablis Chicken Breasts with a Spicy Lime Maple Mustard
Oven roasted potatoes, orange pepper, purple onion
Peeled clementine wedges to cleanse the palate
Graeter's Pumpkin ice cream with cinnamon butter cookie, topped with a 100% pure maple syrup drizzle

Should I open a restaurant or what?!?! :P

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:27:23 AM
Tonight's dinner menu:

Grilled Lemon Thyme Chablis Chicken Breasts with a Spicy Lime Maple Mustard
Oven roasted potatoes, orange pepper, purple onion
Peeled clementine wedges to cleanse the palate
Graeter's Pumpkin ice cream with cinnamon butter cookie, topped with a 100% pure maple syrup drizzle

Should I open a restaurant or what?!?! :P
Yes i would go like EVERYDAY.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Went to Chiquitos last night for chimichanga. We ended up being forgotten and waiting for hours. Ended up getting half knocked off the bill, free round of drinks. And the chimichanga was gorgeous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed