*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,716 times)

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

I'd like to stay away from gameplay-type elements, and focus more on what sort of storyline / events you'd like to see in a sequel for the AvP Game with the characters, and information from the first game. To get things started, I thought I'd write something up. Feel free to comment on mine / write up your own.

----------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see it continuing this way (Revised 2/24):

Beginning where AvP leaves off:

• The humans are headed towards the Alien Homeworld.
• The Predators are responding to a distress signal on an unknown world.*
• 6 is on a Ship floating in space headed towards an unknown destination.

*I'm not sure if the Predator ending specifies if it's coming from the Xenomorph homeworld, but the distress signal seems to be coming from an injured/dead Predator on another world. My idea here would be that there's another Predator who gets killed elsewhere, explaining why the Predators show up a little later in orbit of the Xenomorph homeworld.

The W-Y team leaving BG-386 will know that this is going to be a huge endeavor, in doing what they want to on the Xenomorph homeworld, and they'll need some pretty heavy supplies, given that most of what is coming from BG-386 has been destroyed, so they contact another outpost doing research nearby to load up a large ship/research station, and head towards the Alien homeworld. The secondary W-Y force, is experimenting on a recently killed Predator, as they pack up and leave, to rendezvous with the team from BG-386.

The Predators follow the distress signal from the end of the first game, and arrive at the world that the secondary W-Y force has just departed, and follow the ship towards its destination. The Predators don't destroy the ship from a distance, because they're receiving Predator signals from the ship (due to the experiments and research done by the arriving W-Y, showcasing some more of the Yutani/Predator centric side of things).
~I tried to split the W-Y group into a more Weyland-centric group coming from BG-386, and the Yutani group coming from the other world for variety~

The W-Y ship that departed from BG-386 meets up with the one that 6 took over, in orbit around the Alien homeworld. The Rookie and Tequila are taken to a medical bay for extraction of the Xenomorph inside Tequila.

6 spawns a Xenomorph from Groves (player Xenomorph, I'm calling 7 for ease of reference). Upon docking with the human ship, she senses the chestburster inside Tequila that's been extracted, and sends off 7 to go take it back from the humans, but first she needs to secure the hive. 7 begins killing off humans & facehugging them (dragging them back or harvest) so there's Xenomorphs to protect the Queen. This allows for a passage of time & gestation of greater numbers, and then begins moving towards the interior of the ship.

At this time, the Yutani group rendezvous with the station, and they are alerted to the presence of a Hive. During the confusion with them moving in to take care of the Xenomorphs, the Rookie manages to get free, and raids a weapon locker to go rescue Tequila, fighting off medical staff & guards, before the Synthetics are sent in (explains why you're alone).

The Predator ship manages to dock, and send in a boarding party completely unnoticed, and each of the Predators moves off to investigate. Dark (player predator) goes into the Yutani ship and recovers the predator's technology, and finds the medical area with at least one fully autopsied Predator in the lab.

One of the other Predators breaks into the lab with the Marine, and there's a confrontation there, and the predator is ripped away into a vent by a Xenomorph just before being killed. 7 will harvest this alien just prior to being killed, and removes the captive Chestburster shortly after the Rookie leaves the room. Dark is now dealing with the combat cyborgs and forces that Yutani set up to attempt to capture him, and escape.

After 7 drags the facehugged predator back to the hive, she had to deal with the Alien-masked predator coming in to the hive in an attempt to destroy them. 6 and the other aliens have been rapidly expanding the Hive. The Alien masked predator would be particularly tough, and is also harvested (providing 2 Predaliens in the Hive, as well as a Praetorian or two). After this, 7 morphs into a Praetorian.

The Rookie moves towards the escape pods, fighting off Xenomorphs, and realized after a test pod is fired that the Predator ship shoots them down, and he has to move towards another option, he gets Tequila to a dropship, and goes to try to "take care" of the Predator vessel. Dark moves in to the Hive towards the two killed Predators, and has to defeat the Predaliens, and set their wrist bracers to explode.

6 & 7 use the Predaliens as a feint to escape through another section of the Hive, and leave with some other Xenomorphs through an airlock, and attach on to the Predator ship. When the airlock blows, the Rookie has to make an unplanned, last ditch effort to head to the Predator ship (unknowingly, so do a large team of cloaked W-Y synthetics). Dark manages to escape back to the Predator ship, just before the human vessel is destroyed, damaging the vessel and forcing it down to the surface of the Homeworld.

This provides a large conflict onboard a Predator ship, between the W-Y forces and Predators as it lands (shakily) and then exits out onto the barren remains of the Xenomorph homeworld (one of those "out of the frying pan, and into the fire moments"). Dark has to fight off the W-Y forces, the Marine fights off the a few Predators, but mostly all spook encounters. 7 moves 6 off of the ship, and brings 6 to a safe location, where she begins calling out to the residant Xenomorphs.

Tequila contacts the Rookie (she drifted off from the station and covered with the debris before the station got a whole blown in it), and he has to make his way off from the Predator ship to rendezvous with a ship, fighting off the stray Xenomorphs slowly showing up, and fighting off the Synthetics that uncloak and try to take over the ship, and as it's taking off, the amalgamation of the W-Y Research on the Predators and Aliens (some hybrid something, I'll leave the design up for grabs right now), and depart (the almost safe, and 1 final battle feeling).

7 has to fight off the smaller drones and a Predator/some synthetics or two until 6 manages to force her objective onto the residant Xenomorphs, then you have you swarm on board the Predator ship, and disable it's self destruct sequence. (I was thinking that a BSP guard on the interior would make a good fight depending on what they turn out like in the Predators film).

Dark has to destroy the W-Y forces attempting to set up a communications device, and then fight off one of the massive Space Jockey-spawned Xenomorphs to allow the escape ship to take off out of the top of the main ship, leaving the primary engines to go critical (which they don't), escaping with his prize (still rather surprised that he didn't take the Predalien skull in the first game, and just hucked its body off a cliff).

So at the ending we have:
• 6 & 7 back on the homeworld.
• Dark cleaning the skull of the SJ-Xenomorph and the remaining Predators moving off world with the secured location of a new hunting ground.
• The Rookie & Tequila escaping back towards home. ("Last Survivor of the U.S.S Marlow... Signing out...")

Not TOO open for a sequel, but I think it works better than my original plan, and has more more open environments, and an improved final chapter. Please lemme know what you think, and thanks to you guys that read through all that, and provided suggestions.

X 8)

xUSMCx

Coll ideas but it will be the same surroundings if it is just ships. No Jungles. No Open areas.
But I do like your story line.

Keg

Keg

i really like that idea. I too would want a similar story where you play as the same predator who goes after W-Y to stop them from reaching the homeworld and eradicate all knowledge of its location so they cant make another attempt. It turns out that the ship which had 6 on it was the one that is headed for the homeworld but obviously she escaped and as we know all manner of hell broke loose. The predator arrives on the ship as does the rookie marine and tequila who are taken their on orders from weyland. However neither the the rookie and the marines or the predator know that the ship has been over-run. Once on board the chestburst comes out of tequila and thats the player alien who takes its orders from 6 as the new queen. The predator has to search the ship to find out if any information regarding the homeworld has left the ship before he can destroy it. The final battle for the rookie could be with number 6 and the alien and predator (after hes satisfied no other knowledge of the homworld exists apart from on this ship) could battle each other and both kill each other but not before the predator sets his wrist-device to blow the ship up. Meanwhile the rookie escapes as the only surviving character from both games. Id like to hear the rookies voice this time though.

Ive just had a fantastic idea. When the rookie is battling with number 6 you can see somewhere on screen the predator and alien fighting and vice versa when playing as the predator or alien.

Drone23

Good idea's, I personally don't see anything wrong with going to the Aliens "HomeWorld".. as long as they did it right..

Not a Xenomorph looking planet, not a jungle/desert planet, but what looks like a forgotten world, with strange skyscrapers and cities of a species long extinct, the buildings would resemble the "Space Jockey's Ship" and we may even see one or two look alikes when landing on the planet.

After some research we realise this is not the Aliens homeworld, but the homeworld of a race completly destroyed by the Aliens, did they create them? did they purposely bring them to their planet? why were they breading them? all questions that could be answered, in a strange unfamiliar world/setting.

I would go with the theory that the "Space Jockeys" did in fact create the Aliens species, as a super weapon, they load a ship up with eggs, fly over a planet/enemy homeworld, and bombard the planet with the egg pods, shortly after the planet has been taken over they release some sort of electrical mist, much like what we see in Alien, that Kane desrupted when he put his hand through the mist, which causes all the Aliens to either die or go dormant.

They then land and strip the planet of all natural resources.

"Edit" That would be great if at the end of the sequel, we got a throwback to Alien, with the Rookie making a similar transmission to Ripleys, "Last Survivor of the U.S.S Marlow... Signing out..."

Keg

Quote from: Drone23 on Feb 23, 2010, 06:59:36 PM

"Edit" That would be great if at the end of the sequel, we got a throwback to Alien, with the Rookie making a similar transmission to Ripleys, "Last Survivor of the U.S.S Marlow... Signing out..."

actually scrap the talking part. they didnt have him speak in the first game so keep it the same. then at the end if he did what you just mentioned it would be bloody awesome.

Dusk

I'd actually like if they give the Marine a voice and a personality. I never liked mute main characters, because I tend to not care about them. As was the case in this game. Infuse the character with a personality like in AvP2.

Same with the Predator, try to give him a personality, instead of being a generic trophy collector. It helps if you use cutscenes to show the Predator do certain things, as well as the people you're affecting throughout the game. And we need some sort of human narrative. I loved how you always had someone talk about Scarface in Concrete Jungle, every time you started a new mission. Or in AvP2, when they showed cutscenes of General Rykov and established the rivalry between him and the Predator and how they suspected the Predator to be some sort of royalty among it's people.

X-SOLDIER

The one and only issue that I have with staging a game on any Homeworld are the inherant issues that you can run into.

Alien & Alien: Resurrection take place on large ships.
Aliens & Alien³ take place on isolated worlds.
Predator & AvP take place is an isolated section of Earth.

Predator 2 & AvP-R are the only ones that break that mold, and take place in populated areas of a homeworld. LA is done in very isolated events, due to the fact that the Predator can remain invisible & there's police intervention. AvP-R is about an infestation in a smaller town.

If you go to the Predator homeworld, you'd expect that the Predators with their rather vast amounts of technology would lock down and eliminate virtually any threat in fairly short order. Likewise, landing on an Alien Homeworld, you'd expect that as soon as they knew there were lifeforms there, they'd descend upon them en masse in short order. Either way, I'd expect that W-Y would set up an orbital base, and use dropships to secure samples. WAY to high risk to set up on the planet, and much more beneficial to be within proximity.

X 8)

szuran

My scenario would include more interesting environments.

Marine: you and Tequila arrive at a WY space port, when she's about to get an "abortion". But - surprise, surprise - the alien is born and gets loose. The spaceport staff starts to evacuate and enable auto destruct. In the first level you have to make it to an escape pod, fighting with other people for a place in one. It's like a space Titanic - dramatic and moody, but without fighting aliens. You land on a planet with a small outpost; unfortunately the alien managed to get into one of the pods. Soon the humans start to disappear. You fight for your life, barricade inside the almost-new outpost with disorienten, unaware staff and send a call for help. You have to endure until it arrives... Fighting aliens and fighting for leadership.

Alien: you start as a Tequila's chest burster - a QUEEN chest burster (because they don't MUTATE, god dammit). First you have to get to an escape pod without being noticed. Second level - you're a young queen and have to kidnap some people to build your army. Next - you're a facehugger and later - a warrior, fighting people from the outpost. And later - marines that came to rescue survivors.

Marines again: you play as a marine from the rescue squad. You visit the outpost, but it has changed - it's abandoned and creepy as hell. Seeking for survivors you land in the hive... You have to come back. But there is another threat....

Predator: first, you're just watching the space port and the outpost from your hidden ship, studying the humans, looking for a worthy prey. You witness the alien being born, the evacuation, and then you see a chance for good hunt. You wait... Until aliens are born. They are a better enemy. When the outpost is overrun, you get there and clean it - that explains why it's empty when the rescue squad arrives. Then you're going to hunt the queen... But first you have to fight the marines, as they stand between you and your final prey.

So, what do you think?

FiveByFive

FiveByFive

- 6 kills everyone on board (including rookie- what kind of name is rookie?)
- 1 Weyland-Y ship secretly follows the ship which was autopiloted to the alien homeworld.
- 1 Marine ship is sent out to investigate the AWOL marine ship carrying 6
- Predators zap quickly to the alien homeworld, where they already have facilities set up for harvesting aliens, etc.
- Weyland-Y arrives on the planet and finds the predator facilities, enters it. (do not arrive at the same spot as the predator team arrived)

- The story unfolds by giving insight as to the story of xenos and how they came to be.
- !!Xenos created by the Space Jockeys as weapon against Predators!!

(Background insight) Long standing war between the Space Jockeys and Predators forced Space Jockeys to retreat by trying to carry as much alien eggs with them as possible in order to set up their defenses elsewhere (explaining the Alien movie's Space Jockey crash landing on an unexplored planet*)
*While the SPace Jockey would be in process of safely landing the Derelict spaceship, a single facehugger creeps up and impregnates him just before he completes the landing, thus providing a great background to the fact that the derelict spacecraft wasn't destroyed by crashlanding on the planet. Once the space jockey wakes up from coma, he almost instantly goes into tremors and spawns the chestburster drone which then modifies the spaceship into a more organic alien-esque feel of the 1st movie
- Predators not only "hunting" xenos, but also studying them (as anyone would study the enemy (Space Jockey) weaponry(xeno))
- By driving out the SPace Jockeys, Predators become bored and hunt the Xenos for sport
- They end up on earth (and other habitable planets, while looking for SPace Jockeys) by the time where the AVP pyramid was built some 10 000 years ago, etc.
- They want to unleash the Xenos on the remaining Space Jockeys, like they were unleashed on the predators during their wars..**end of "flashback" story of how the aliens were created.

- W-Y inadvertently activates or "wakes up" a ton of xenos in hypersleep, inside the pred. facilities, no drones, just 4-5 queens, a dozen praetorians. that break out and set up new hives.

- Predators, try to exterminate humans from the alien homeworld, while trying to contain the xenos.
- Aliens try to kill anything in their path
- W-Y tries to find anything that has value to them (new predator weaponry, plasma cannon, etc.)
- Marines (who have, once again, crash landed because of a predator anti-aircraft ground-to-air defense system) just try to make it to the landed W-Y ship to get the hell out

just an idea i cooked up.

EDIT: I like the idea of a dark desolate and seemingly dead world...alien hives would mostly be in underground dark and creepy passages and in abandonned space jockey facilities converted into predator facilities...

Drone23

When picturing the Alien HW/ Space Jockey's HW/ I picture a dead planet, with cities and maybe some Hive structures, but no over whelming Alien Swarms, almost no life of any kind actually, all the Aliens and inhabitants have either been killed/died or become host, but when WY gets there it would be deserted, with one exception, a dormant hive, with the original Queen that caused the outbreak in Hibernation.

Or better yet they find some sort of Space Jockey computer, and upon hacking it/turning it on, reactivates the breeding cycle for the Hibernating Alien Queen, kick starting an entire factory mean't for one thing, breeding the Aliens.

The game could start on the ship #6 got loose on, either causing the ship to crash, or using a dropship to get from the infected ship to the planet, who knows maybe leaving the ship was their only hope for survival, maybe they had hoped for some beacon or transmitter on the planet they could use to call for help, for whatever reason, they leave the ship, and go to the surface of the planet..

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Drone23 on Feb 23, 2010, 08:01:54 PM
When picturing the Alien HW/ Space Jockey's HW/ I picture a dead planet, with cities and maybe some Hive structures, but no over whelming Alien Swarms, almost no life of any kind actually, all the Aliens and inhabitants have either been killed/died or become host, but when WY gets there it would be deserted, with one exception, a dormant hive, with the original Queen that caused the outbreak in Hibernation.

Or better yet they find some sort of Space Jockey computer, and upon hacking it/turning it on, reactivates the breeding cycle for the Hibernating Alien Queen, kick starting an entire factory mean't for one thing, breeding the Aliens.

The game could start on the ship #6 got loose on, either causing the ship to crash, or using a dropship to get from the infected ship to the planet, who knows maybe leaving the ship was their only hope for survival, maybe they had hoped for some beacon or transmitter on the planet they could use to call for help, for whatever reason, they leave the ship, and go to the surface of the planet..

My issue with this is that the Xenomorphs (at least the queens) appear to be capable of staying alive for tens of thousands of years. This Queen seems to be different from the one in AvP, as it's an early temple, and from the Audio diaries that I've reviewed, she doesn't appear to have been put into stasis, thus her ancient appearance, and faded coloration. I added Groves' Diary transcripts below. (thanks to Dowly for these)

Quote from: Groves' Audio Diaries
We have discovered something that utterly redefines my understanding of the Xenomorphs. I knew they were robust, able to withstand enviromental extremes beyond any other complex lifeform, but to discover Her here, so ancient, so worn by time yet alive, aware.

Returning to the Matriarch's chamber today brought such a sense of humbling awe. Imagine, an intelligence captive yet aware for tens of thousands of years. How can mortal man conceive of such aeon spanning resilience?

Within hours of encountering this hag queen she is producing eggs. The presence of potential hosts has stimulated her. As I observed the first egg exude from her huge quivering ophithorax, I felt an instinctive chill of fear.

I'll have to admit that the idea of involving the Space Jockeys didn't at first occur to me (I'm not sure why), but it's a very interesting prospect. I'll have to think it over some more for what things could be done with it, but a trip to the homeworld does have a lot of interesting potential ideas.

X 8)

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: xUSMCx on Feb 23, 2010, 06:42:50 PM
Coll ideas but it will be the same surroundings if it is just ships. No Jungles. No Open areas.

Nothing wrong with that. Look at Dead Space.

Dusk

The only thing I don't like about it, is that we'd playing as Marines and Predators with heavy weaponry, who could easily blow up the ship's hull. It's not a bad idea, but it takes too much suspension of disbelieve.

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 23, 2010, 08:43:39 PM
The only thing I don't like about it, is that we'd playing as Marines and Predators with heavy weaponry, who could easily blow up the ship's hull. It's not a bad idea, but it takes too much suspension of disbelieve.

For any installation where W-Y would be testing this sort of technology (not to mention Aliens with molecular acid for blood that can eat through a hull in seconds), I'm sure that the main areas of the ship containment would be broken into blukheads, and capable of being sealed off to prevent large areas depressurizing. I don't see much suspension of disbelief needed there, especially if you demonstrate that at some point (escape an area before it's closed off to atmosphere/life support).

X 8)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Feb 23, 2010, 08:39:53 PM
Quote from: xUSMCx on Feb 23, 2010, 06:42:50 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Look at Dead Space.

I agree. Dead Space had a brilliant atmosphere which was retained throughout and it never got old. And it was scary as hel lto boot. To be honest i preferred the marine levels which where indoors and in tight spaces in the dark. Being in big jungles or big open areas takes away that feel. Im not saying dont have them but keep the majority of it claustrophobic. You could still have the big open areas for the predator and alien missions to take place in. Hangars, mess halls, massive engine rooms etc etc.

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 23, 2010, 08:43:39 PM

Dunno about that. These ships are massive and probably have hulls 6ft thick. In Alien Resurrection they have heavy weaponry and I never once thought it could pose a threat to the ships integrity. There are plenty of action movies set on space ships where there is alot of gunfire and explosions and it doesnt normally occur to people when watching that its dangerous unless it becomes part of the plot. I mean hell it aint like these ships will be as flimsy as aeroplanes where a bullet from a handgun could cause disaster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed