TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,660 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: predxeno on May 24, 2015, 04:06:10 AM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM
This films advertising campaign has been 1 big grave digging. Are there any remain who have legitimate belief it will be good? I never expected it to touch T1 or T2, but I was initially confident it would be better that T3 & TS. I'm now less certain. For the record, I think the Connorbot is an interesting concept, but this film has almost 0 hope of making actual sense.

Yeah, this movie does look like crap, hopefully fun crap ;), but still crap that will only reduce the legitimacy of the series.  Why is it that no director seems to understand what made the first 2 films so great wasn't just blind action scenes and hot girls with breast enlargements but actual story that has plot driven themes behind it?

I'm still waiting for someone to take the franchise to outer space. It's the next logical step :laugh:

predxeno

predxeno

I just finished reading Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle by Dark Horse Comics...

Spoiler
It apparently ends in John Connor and Skynet reaching a peace accord with each other and ending the war, and there are a LOT of plot inconsistencies between the story and the movies.
[close]

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 25, 2015, 05:55:42 PM
Quote from: predxeno on May 24, 2015, 04:06:10 AM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM
This films advertising campaign has been 1 big grave digging. Are there any remain who have legitimate belief it will be good? I never expected it to touch T1 or T2, but I was initially confident it would be better that T3 & TS. I'm now less certain. For the record, I think the Connorbot is an interesting concept, but this film has almost 0 hope of making actual sense.

Yeah, this movie does look like crap, hopefully fun crap ;), but still crap that will only reduce the legitimacy of the series.  Why is it that no director seems to understand what made the first 2 films so great wasn't just blind action scenes and hot girls with breast enlargements but actual story that has plot driven themes behind it?

I'm still waiting for someone to take the franchise to outer space. It's the next logical step :laugh:

Ever since T2 theyve got it wrong what audiences would have wanted if we got a sequel. What we really wanted was a future war movie. Like what we see in the flashbacks. Yeah it might be a bit too obvious but so what. Nobody wanted to see the same thing rehashed over and over. It could have been a gritty war movie about a resistance... only with Terminators and lasers. Could have had at least two sequels out of that. One culminating in Reese being sent back bringing it full circle and then a second about what happens after that and how they win the war. A good writer could have come up with a decent story in that setting despite knowing the outcome. Knowing what's going to happen doesn't always ruin prequels (not really prequels here as we know the outcome but you get my drift). Salvation looked to be that film and then it showed us a different future war and despite not being a bad film in itself, just doesnt feel like it fits in The Terminator world somehow. Ah well.

Naissus

Naissus

Going to space is a 90s thing.  I guess resetting history with time travel is the now thing.  Hopefully in the 20s it will go back to space or maybe underground

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's the Cameron Future War that most of us want to watch and not the modern rendition of that war set in a future timeline further along in the series.

predxeno

predxeno

I really want to see this movie, if only to know whether or not it's a continuation of the previous movies or a complete reboot.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on May 30, 2015, 06:50:39 AM
I just finished reading Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle by Dark Horse Comics...

Spoiler
It apparently ends in John Connor and Skynet reaching a peace accord with each other and ending the war, and there are a LOT of plot inconsistencies between the story and the movies.
[close]

I liked that comic overall, but it did take some weird liberties with the films. The most glaring was how
Spoiler
Connor gets terminated in 2029, not 2032 like was stated in T3.
[close]

Quote from: predxeno on May 30, 2015, 08:09:21 PM
I really want to see this movie, if only to know whether or not it's a continuation of the previous movies or a complete reboot.

Same here. As much as T3 and TS were not the greatest, I would hate to have them ignored.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2015, 10:03:39 PM
Quote from: predxeno on May 30, 2015, 06:50:39 AM

Spoiler
[close]

I liked that comic overall, but it did take some weird liberties with the films. The most glaring was how
Spoiler
Connor gets terminated in 2029, not 2032 like was stated in T3.
[close]

There's also another glaring error:
Spoiler
The TX is never depicted to be sent back in time.  Earlier, when Dr. Kogan and Skynet were discussing whether or not they had to send the 3 terminators centered on in the comic back in time, Skynet told Kogan to evacuate and that since the terminators were there in the past then they must have been sent back even if the Resistance captured the "time door".  Whoever wrote this story had some great ideas but clearly wasn't capable enough to check facts or maintain continuity.
[close]

The Joker

The Joker

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 30, 2015, 08:03:30 PM
It's the Cameron Future War that most of us want to watch and not the modern rendition of that war set in a future timeline further along in the series.

Unfortunately that movie would probably cost a lot, which is why the producers have avoided it in the past and avoided it with Genisys. Salvation will probably be the closest thing to a future war movie we'll get any time soon and the resistance didnt even fight any Terminators in that movie lol  :'(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2015, 10:03:39 PM
...not 2032 like was stated in T3.
When was it stated in T3?

predxeno

predxeno

I think it was when Arnie was telling John how he died.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Oh yeah, I think I remember the bit you mean.  Cool.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Two clips have been released.

http://youtu.be/yUkw1EzyRp4

Rankles75

Rankles75

Yep, not looking any better is it?

The Joker

The Joker

1st clip (T-1000/Reese) was enjoyable but that 2nd clip was a bit cringe worthy. Also what's going on with Arnold's face? Looks kinda weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed